Resource icon

obs-ndi - NewTek NDI™ integration into OBS Studio 4.13.0

Palakis

Developer
Palakis updated obs-ndi - NewTek NDI™ integration into OBS Studio with a new update entry:

obs-ndi 4.5.2

Only use this release with OBS 22 or above!

Changes since 4.5.1
  • Source: remove the "Default" value for the YUV range and colorspace fields. Default values for these fields are now Partial range with BT.709 colorspace
  • Source: the "Source name" field is now an Editable Combo field (current value can be selected from the list of available NDI sources as usual, or typed manually). This prevents the currently selected source name from disappearing from the list...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Roro

Hello,
thank you for the great plugin, works really well so far :) I was just wondering if it's possible to output multiple audio channels as I wasn't able to find a way to do so.

Grid21

I wanted to say how much I LOVE THIS PLUGIN! It actually was used during an eSports tournament at Squadcon 2018. Because I knew how the plugin worked, it literally saved the tournament and made it possible to be streamed on twitch! I also use NDI on a basically Daily bases when I do IRL streams and want to send a webcam feed to my main gaming rig to stream to twitch. Please keep the development of this plugin going because I really enjoy using it and have been telling and showing people how good it really is! :D Thank you!

NotNow

Edit: problem turned out to be that idiot Gamebar overlay in Windows!

I was wondering if you could help with this problem.

When I go full screen into a game on my gaming PC, OBS lags horribly on the streaming PC. The lag disappears if I bring up my taskbar onto the game.

SLOBS lag.jpg

This happens on both SLOBS and OBS. It's actually better on OBS, the above game screen doesn't lag any more but the next screen of the game, probably more graphics intensive, is really bad. Runs super smooth as long as there's something from my windows desktop showing!

Last edited:

Methanoid

the plugin still flags as malware on malwarebytes given that the extra required Newtek NDI 3.5 Redist.exe file downloads from rackcdn.com, which with a quick google search shows mountain loads of trojan/malware/etc infected downloads.

Any one else getting similar results? (my older post/reply on the same subject : https://obsproject.com/forum/thread...integration-into-obs-studio.69240/post-353510)

malware-popup.jpg

The Obs NDI Plugin exe file flags as malware to me, however the provided zip alternative does not, the redist.exe also flags as malware on 3 of my pc's.

Last edited:

GMarrara

Hello All,

My gaming PC is a i5 8600K, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD and a GTX 1060 6GB.
When streaming or recording directly from that PC I feel some hiccups on the gaming part. Was thinking about build a second PC for that... Any suggestions on the minimum requirements for that second PC?
thanks

Dominik Müller

hi... tried to install this plugin today on a 2014 macbook retina. obs works well but ndi function is not showing up inside of obs. installed all newtek free tools for mac, newest runtime lib and newest obs. thnx for feedback...

Dominik Müller

This installed perfect on my gaming pc (win10), but I can't manage to install it properly on my streaming pc (win7).
I can install everything, but after several hours of trying back and forth, I still can't get it to work. The NDI option is nowhere to be found in the 'Tools' menu and I can not add it as a source.

Anyone know if this thing works on Win7 at all, or is it something else that's giving me a hard time?

Thanks

Edit: Updated my streaming pc from win7 to win10, still doesn't work. I am confused.
hey... i am running it on a win7 hp zbook with no problem since a few month... today tried to install it on a macbook but it was aslo not showing up in obs... might a bug in new obs ?

NotNow

When I go full screen into a game on my gaming PC, OBS lags horribly on the streaming PC. The lag disappears if I bring up my taskbar onto the game.

View attachment 39146

This happens on both SLOBS and OBS. It's actually better on OBS, the above game screen doesn't lag any more but the next screen of the game, probably more graphics intensive, is really bad. Runs super smooth as long as there's something from my windows desktop showing!

I solved the problem.

For PUBG, the fix was changing the in game video settings to fullscreen from windowed fullscreen. Only need to do this once and save settings.
For SCUM, the fix was to go out and then back into fullscreen mode within the game settings - and you have to do this every time you start up the game.

PUBG now freezes on OBS when I tab out of the game but I suppose that doesn't matter. Not even sure this is an NDI issue per se.

Last edited:

n3v3rm1nd

View attachment 39146

Do you have game mode activated for that game in the gamebar?

AndersM

Hi, I can't get this to work on macOS High Sierra. I have installed it on two different MacBook pros (2016 and 2018), and I can't see the NDI option in the sources panel or the Tools menu. Anyone have an idea? Thanks!

Grimwolf

Hi, I can't get this to work on macOS High Sierra. I have installed it on two different MacBook pros (2016 and 2018), and I can't see the NDI option in the sources panel or the Tools menu. Anyone have an idea? Thanks!
I'm having exactly the same problem.
I tried just installing the .pkg as the instructions said, and no NDI options in OBS.
Tried installing the NDI runtime separately as the instructions recommended, and no NDI options in OBS.
Tried restarting, no NDI options in OBS.
Tried re-installing the NDI runtime then the package, then restarting again, no options.
Searched online and found a recommendation to install all the NDI tools for Mac, still nothing.
Restarted again, installed the plugin again, nothing.

I have the newest version of OBS for Mac (22.0.3)

GillyMoMo

I think this plugin should have a way to bind to ip address for tx and rx. It might help with multiple NDI instances or perhaps on a closed network.

Bluefacedbeast

I'm having exactly the same problem.
I tried just installing the .pkg as the instructions said, and no NDI options in OBS.
Tried installing the NDI runtime separately as the instructions recommended, and no NDI options in OBS.
Tried restarting, no NDI options in OBS.
Tried re-installing the NDI runtime then the package, then restarting again, no options.
Searched online and found a recommendation to install all the NDI tools for Mac, still nothing.
Restarted again, installed the plugin again, nothing.

I have the newest version of OBS for Mac (22.0.3)

I am having the same issue with this plugin in the latest version of OBS on MacOS High Sierra. I have tried installing the tools from NDI and reinstalling the plugin and rebooting. The obs-ndi plugin does show up in Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins but I do not get any NDI options in sources in OBS.

evacke

Hey, I had the same problem with "NDI Not found" and it was permission-related. Windows 10 locked down the plugins so that the OBS executable couldn't access it. Just run the OBS executable as admin and it should hopefully fix it for you.

skitto

I am able to output to my streaming PC using NDI Scan Converter, which will capture my GPU video and not my OBS screen, but if I try OBS-NDI I will just get a black screen on my streaming PC. How do I fix this? Thanks.

I am having the same issue with this plugin in the latest version of OBS on MacOS High Sierra. I have tried installing the tools from NDI and reinstalling the plugin and rebooting. The obs-ndi plugin does show up in Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins but I do not get any NDI options in sources in OBS.
You need to download and install the most recent version (should be 4.5.3) as there are conflicts between the QT5 library version that the NDI and Websocket plugins are built with vs. the version OBS 22.0.3 itself was built with. Version 4.5.3 fixes this and hopefully an identical fix for the Websocket plugin will be out soon.