Resource icon

obs-ndi - NewTek NDI™ integration into OBS Studio 4.13.0

Bluefacedbeast

Thanks this resolved the plugin not loading in OBS issue. I still can't see an OBS source on my network but i will spend some time troubleshooting that before posting.

PEER

I am able to output to my streaming PC using NDI Scan Converter, which will capture my GPU video and not my OBS screen, but if I try OBS-NDI I will just get a black screen on my streaming PC. How do I fix this? Thanks.
i have the same problem did u already found how to let it work ?

mknerd

hello everybody i have the same issues but in Linux Ubuntu18.1 i follow installation instructions, i try to move obs-ndi.so like many issues i see on github but nothing i can't fine NDIsource on my OBS scenes.

let me know if somebody of u have the solutions on my problem

kind regards

bert_21ph

NDI have some issue on OBS. i already try to uninstall and delete folders, re-install again both OBS and NDI Plugins. Try also to copy and paste the NDI files on OBS folder but still Lag was there even not streaming. i use streamlabs obs on streaming pc but same issue. Newtek NDI Tools works when creating on video capture but little bit laggy but its better than NDI Source.

Any Help on OBS???

dennyzov

Hello guys,

i just bought a new gaming pc and my old one stands around here and i now wanted to try a dual PC stream setup using ndi-obs plugin.

So, for me it looks like everything works fine until i´m in a game and the gpu load gets around 90-100%. I use the taskmanager to display me the current network status. So when im just streaming a monitor source - on google chrome the bandwith received is constantly at 120-150 Mbit/s but when i go into a game (tested with BO4) the bitrate dramaticly jumps around from 1.8 Mbit/s to ~85-105 Mbit/s causing huge stuttering on the Streaming PC - i tried nearly everything (lowering bitrate on Gaming-PC, switch between NVENC and x264 etc.)

Both PCs have Gbit LAN as same as the switch between them.

Maybe some specs if needed:

Streaming-PC: i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz, 16GB DDR3 1600 Mhz - Windows 10 64bit running on SSD
Gaming-PC: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0Ghz, 16GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, GTX 1070 - Windows 10 64bit runninf on M2 SSD

Im at a point where i cant figure the issue out myself and also the most things i read were not that helpfull as i hoped they were.

EDIT: tried out with csgo - stuttering is better now but not gone at all, still looks so bad that i wouldnt watch my stream (every move on the monitor is not smooth) - bandwith looks stable

Example of a twitch-stream and how horrible it is

Attachments

• log Gaming-PC.txt
    22.2 KB · Views: 266
  • log Streaming-PC.txt
    143.1 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:

DJSean00

Are there any advantages to using this over a dedicated capture card in a dual PC setup when you have all the hardware already?

Cheers
DJ

Jazzbend

Hi! Can u say.. Is obs-NDI plagin suited only for 64 bit versions? although in description writes that support 32 and 64 bit versions..
It wants NDI runtime, but last one can't setup on 32 bit windows..
How can i do setup? may be need proper link on 32bit ndi runtime?

Hey everyone. I've been an OBS-NDI user for quite a while now for a two PC setup I use with my Mixer channel and I love it. However, this weekend, we tried to use it for a 6 streamer LAN party event we were outputting to a single Mixer channel. Here was the scenario:

We had 6 various PCs outputting their webcams and game capture as separate NDI sources. We had a Threadripper machine taking in all these sources, handling the overlays and outputting it all to Mixer. The cameras were all on the outside of the overlay, with a single person's game play in the middle that people could change with MixPlay buttons. Example:

Capture2.PNG

However, we ran into a very major problem that didn't happen in testing but did happen when we tried to go live yesterday: We could only get one person's game play audio. RealCaustic was playing console games and using a ClonerAlliance Flint LX capture device, which shows as its own audio source in OBS. The rest of us were using Game Capture. When we tested the night before, other participants had game play audio on the stream. The morning of, they were mute. You could see the VU meter for the NDI Game Capture sources moving on the receiving machine and it was clearly getting the audio but it was not making it out to the stream. We ended up having to have just our commentaries + music playing and no game play audio because we started 2 hours late and still couldn't figure it out. 4 of us who were there use NDI for our own streams, using the same source setup that wouldn't work here so we were baffled.

After the stream was done, Real Caustic and I started digging because we were determined to figure this out to prevent it in the future. Here's what we tested:

-Completely uninstalled and reinstalled OBS and the NDI plug-in from scratch (including deleting all the OBS config files.)
-Updating the transmitting stations to the latest plug-in and NewTek SDK (they were one version back from current on the plug-in and using NewTek 3.5, not 3.7.)
-Tried both Game Capture and Display Capture.
-Tried using the entire OBS canvas as the NDI source instead of using the Game Capture as a dedicated independent source.
-Ensured audio drivers on all systems were current (they already were.)

None of this helped. Then, we tried something else: We reversed the flow. So, rather than say, my machine transmitting to the Threadripper, we had the Threadripper send a Game Capture source to my machine. It worked flawlessly. Now we were really confused.

The Threadripper had its Windows 10 install corrupt and was reinstalled from scratch on Thursday night. However, all its drivers were current (including for the Sound Blaster Z sound card it has installed) and other than this Game Capture audio issue, the machine handled the stream from all those other NDI sources like a champ. We were not exceeding either the bandwidth capacity of the machine's Ethernet controller, nor the backplane capacity of any of our switches. In addition, my machine (which is actually my Ryzen 1600 home server/LAN box that is also my NDI receiver during my normal streams) worked perfectly fine when I took it home and had it receiving and sending data from my main system. Something on the Threadripper is a problem but we are out of ideas as to what.

I'm really hoping either someone here or maybe Palakis himself, can help me figure this out. This isn't the last event we hope to do using this setup and we really want to nail this down. Here are links to the most recent and prior logs from the Threadripper machine that wasn't sending the game play audio to the stream:

https://obsproject.com/logs/pPHUk_0g5J2P5BS7 (Current)
https://obsproject.com/logs/_5UN6qZINyMlDbX8 (Previous)

My machine has OBS restarted a number of times and I don't believe the current or previous logs are relevant. So, I've taken every log from yesterday and today and attached them to here as a Zip. I have also attached full DxDiag reports of both the Threadripper and the Ryzen 1600 systems.

I really hope someone can shed some light on this for us. As I said, we plan to do more events like this and if we can figure this out, we'll be golden. Why it only happens on this one machine and why only with PC capture sources and not a console capture device, I have no idea.

If I can provide more information, logs, or anything else, please let me know. Thanks!

Attachments

• DxDiag (Threadripper).txt
    118.3 KB · Views: 246
  • DxDiag (Ryzen 1600).txt
    76.1 KB · Views: 247
  • logs.zip
    31.6 KB · Views: 247

MoRe99

Hi! I have a problem using NDI source. Although I searched this forum for a while I couldn't find a solution.

I started building a scene with a video capture device to show my own webcam. Then I put it to the upper right corner of the scene, changed the size and clicked the lock symbol to fix it. I made a video call on Skype and added my friend as an NDI source, which I put to the lower left corner of the scene and changed the size (and also clicked the lock symbol), so that both webcam pictures had the same size.

After some minutes of streaming the size of the NDI source suddenly changed. For a few secnonds it was smaller than before, then it was at the original size . This happened a lot during the live streaming. Sometimes the NDI source was smaller than originally set, sometimes bigger, and this happened in no specific order and at irregular intervals. When he streamed and added me as NDI source there had been no such problems.

We have already compared our settings in OBS, but couldn't find any differences (apart from the fact that he uses a MAC and I use a windows pc). It's really frustrating and I have no idea what else I can do. Would be glad, if someone had an idea, which eliminates this problem.

If you need more information to help, please let me know. Thanx in advance!

bert_21ph

Hi Palakis,

Please help us some solution on how to eliminates Lag using ndi. i already make fresh installation on newest version of NDI and OBS. Also some games need to make it fullscreen windowed / borderless to make the stream little bit smooth than Fullscreen.

Thanks,

Quote4me

Hi.
I've tried to install the NDI plugin on my Win 7 x32 and it gives me an error. Something about couldn't create x64 directory.
So this plugin does not support x32 system?

manoah

is there the possibility of having the multiview transmitted in ndi? and have a browser that receives the flow?

SXN31

I've been getting a lot of OBS crashes lately and haven't been able to figure out what has been going on. I hadn't been streaming for a while so I don't know if this occuring due to a Windows update or if it's a change with the NDI plugin.

I'm using a two PC setup. Gaming PC and Stream PC. Gaming PC works fine and the Stream PC is the one where OBS suddenly quits without warning.

It started when I decided to stream for the first time again after a while. I decided to try out 7.1 audio over NDI and OBS. I updated my NDI plugin to the latest version and started streaming. Noticed that the OBS client was quitting without warning after ~10 minutes of stream. While not streaming everything seems to work fine. I switched back to stereo and I could stream longer but I would still get random process exits.

Looking at crash logs, there are none. Looking at running logs, still nothing.

Windows Event Viewer shows the following in the application log:
Faulting application name: obs64.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5b875866
Faulting module name: Processing.NDI.Lib.x64.dll, version: 3.8.0.0, time stamp: 0x5c1d871d
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000002725ef
Faulting process id: 0x1084
Faulting application start time: 0x01d49fcdb1a772c7
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\bin\64bit\obs64.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\NewTek\NewTek NDI 3.8 Runtime\v3\Processing.NDI.Lib.x64.dll
Report Id: 310236f1-a0b5-454a-9ef9-5a1d1666b955
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Troubleshooting steps I tried:
  • Switched from 7.1 back to stereo (improved how long before crashing)
  • downgraded version (still crashed)
  • went back to latest version
  • manually installed NDI framework
  • tested multiple games
Both machines are windows 10 x64 with latest patches.
OBS is at 22.0.2
Both have latest version of NDI at 3.8
Both have latest version of plugin at 4.5.3

NotNow

I was wondering if you could help with this problem.

When I go full screen into a game on my gaming PC, OBS lags horribly on the streaming PC. The lag disappears if I bring up my taskbar onto the game.

View attachment 39146

This happens on both SLOBS and OBS. It's actually better on OBS, the above game screen doesn't lag any more but the next screen of the game, probably more graphics intensive, is really bad. Runs super smooth as long as there's something from my windows desktop showing!

Edit: Not NDI related.

Well this issue has resurfaced, this time with Subnautica.

As long as anything from the desktop, including OBS itself, is showing over the game, it doesn't lag. Weird.
Especially bad in complex scenes like fire or splashing water.

Gamebar is disabled.

Usually I can alt/enter in and out of fullscreen to fix the choppiness but with this game it doesn't work.
Anybody got any ideas?

+NOT an NDI issue it turns out. Same issue when recording on the Gaming PC with NDI disabled.*
Turns out it was GAME MODE which couldn't be turned off in the Win version I was using.

Last edited:

SXN31

I've been getting a lot of OBS crashes lately and haven't been able to figure out what has been going on. I hadn't been streaming for a while so I don't know if this occuring due to a Windows update or if it's a change with the NDI plugin.

I may have narrowed my problem down. I was switching between scenes which both used the NDI input, but on one scene I had the default unchecked "hardware acceleration" while the main scene had it checked so the issue might be due to that mismatch. I'm continuing to test my stability and to rule out other potential causes.

AndersM

Hi, I have an issue with stuttering NDI HX on my setup.
I use the NDI HX output from a Newtek PTZ-1 camera to OBS Studio running on Windows 10 on a bootcamp Macbook Pro.
The playback is fine in the beginning but after a while I get lag on the ndi source. I don't have this problem in NDI Studio Monitor or vMix.
In the attached clip, I have Newtek studio monitor on the left on top of the OBS window on the right. You can see the stuttering I'm talking about.
I don´t have these issues with sdi and hdmi inputs through a Blackmagic mini recorder to OBS.
Anyone have an idea what is causing this and if there is a fix for it? Could it be a HX specific issue?
I'm running the latest versions of OBS, OBS-NDI and NDI runtime/tools/HX driver.

Thanks!

Floooo

Hello guys,

So, for me it looks like everything works fine until i´m in a game and the gpu load gets around 90-100%. I use the taskmanager to display me the current network status. So when im just streaming a monitor source - on google chrome the bandwith received is constantly at 120-150 Mbit/s but when i go into a game (tested with BO4) the bitrate dramaticly jumps around from 1.8 Mbit/s to ~85-105 Mbit/s causing huge stuttering on the Streaming PC - i tried nearly everything (lowering bitrate on Gaming-PC, switch between NVENC and x264 etc.)

I have exactly the same Problem.
But i think i know whats the Problem is!

I have an 144hz Monitor & when i cap my Games @60fps on my Gaming PC, my GPU is by 60% & the Stream in OBS on my Streaming PC is OK, not Perfect, but OK! I think NDI (or OBS) had a Problem with more than 60fps or 144hz Signal.

My Setup:

Gaming PC:

• Intel Core i7-9700K 3600 1151V2 BOX
  • Noctua NH-D15
  • MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200MHz
  • be quiet! STRAIGHT POWER11 650w
  • Crucial M2 SSD 500GB
  • 1TB HDD
  • Sharkoon TG5 Blue ATX
  • Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1070
  • 1x Acer Predator XB240H