Bug Report OBS can't stream from my Hauppage PVR HD gaming edition!

BLAD3s7

I would like to say, as an avid, (and very grateful) OBS user, having to do the window capture was an absolute nightmare, and there was so much bullshit that I had to do to get it to run semi decent. (Turning off AERO... UGHHH) Thank you so much for all the hard work that you guys are putting in. I am looking forward to future updates, and the possibility that Happuage! support can be added to the main OBS in the future. I've read the posts, and I can only give my deepest condolences to the pain and suffering that Jim and the others are having with this product. The fact that not only the test build was posted, but YET ANOTHER build posted on the 6th has me very excited that you guys are getting closer closer. Thank you. Seriously, thank you.

I will be streaming with this new update today, and I will post the results here after I am done. Anyway that I can help!

PS: Also, I do realize that this is a test build, but is there anyway to implement CLR Browser support for it? I understand that it's a complete rewrite, and if it's not possible, then I am completely cool. I was just wondering if there is anything that I need to tweak to get it to run with this build.

Jan Carlos

I would like to say, as an avid, (and very grateful) OBS user, having to do the window capture was an absolute nightmare, and there was so much bullshit that I had to do to get it to run semi decent. (Turning off AERO... UGHHH) Thank you so much for all the hard work that you guys are putting in. I am looking forward to future updates, and the possibility that Happuage! support can be added to the main OBS in the future. I've read the posts, and I can only give my deepest condolences to the pain and suffering that Jim and the others are having with this product. The fact that not only the test build was posted, but YET ANOTHER build posted on the 6th has me very excited that you guys are getting closer closer. Thank you. Seriously, thank you.

I will be streaming with this new update today, and I will post the results here after I am done. Anyway that I can help!

PS: Also, I do realize that this is a test build, but is there anyway to implement CLR Browser support for it? I understand that it's a complete rewrite, and if it's not possible, then I am completely cool. I was just wondering if there is anything that I need to tweak to get it to run with this build.
CLR is the green/chroma key effect? Because yes, I need that too for the follow/donation alerts.Good job OBS Team!

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
"CLR" is the Common Language Runtime, which is what runs .NET applications. Faruton made a CLR Host plugin, that allows OBS1 plugins to be written in .NET languages. He then went and made a Browser Source plugin in C# that utilized the CLR Host plugin. That is what the CLR Browser plugin is.

The new Browser Source for OBS Multiplatform is not based on the CLR, partially because it is cross-platform, and .NET cross-platform compatibility still leaves something to be desired.

It has nothing to do with chroma key or green screen.

DiGG

I'm happy to finally find a way to stream my HD PVR 2 content, on a "custom rtmp" adress, for free! OBS 0.7.3 is great, if only missing the use of the NVENC codec from new nvidia cards. That would make my day!! :-)

BLAD3s7

So this is a little late, but I was able to stream a successful stream for about 2 hours! Here were my settings:

• Resolution Downscale: 1200x720
  • Downscale Filter: Lanczos
  • Bitrate: 2800
  • Renderer: Direct3D 11
  • Audio Bitrate: 128
  • FPS: 59

Game: Jak II (PS3)

The stream was also using the Browser Source plugin, (thank you very much for the link by the way dodgepong!) a webcam, multiple Browser Sources (Chat, TwitchAlerts notifications) Sadly, no followers on this stream tonight, so I wasn't able to see if that could cause any issues while live. D:

Copy and pasting my PC specs as well (directly from my stream) in case that can give you an idea what hardware I'm running.

• Operating System: Windows 7 (64-bit)
  • Motherboard: - Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3
  • RAM: Crucial 2GB DDR3 (x4)
  • CPU: AMD FX-4130 Black Edition 3.8 GHz Quad-Core
  • GPU: ASUS Radeon R9270
  • Headset: Razer Kraken Pro Gaming Headset**
  • Cooling: Ultra Triple Fan (Built in)
  • Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 Edition
  • Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
  • Webcam: Microsoft LifeCam Studio
  • Microphone: Blue Snowball (Brushed Aluminum) w/ Pop Filter
  • Broadcasting Software: Open Broadcaster Software
The stream itself, despite the software crashing when I switched inputs from my computer to my console, was pretty much flawless. The quality was consistent, no stuttering, and all the components seemed to be working just fine. Though, looking back at the archive, the framerate looks a lot like 30fps, and that's fine, as it's quite functional. Mostly the high motion scenes degraded in framerate, but it could have been because I was streaming at 59, rather than 59.94 or 60. I will try streaming at those rates and see if that results in a more steady framerate. If anyone can confirm this to be a factor, I would appreciate it!

And here's the archive link!

http://www.twitch.tv/blad3s7/b/612703542

I apologize for the background noise from my computer fan, but to my knowledge, there is no noisegate available to me. AGAIN if there is an option, I would love to have it shared! Thank you so much, I hope this helps everyone. The future for our PVR2's is looking bright.

vttym

I've been having trouble since the latest test build where things will run fine for 5 minutes, and then the computer will slowly bog down before becoming unusable. This wasn't happening with the previous build, but now that I've started using the new test build, the previous build is also having this issue.

I haven't tried to troubleshoot it much, but might delete all the plugins and re-add them, in case something is causing a memory leak.

BLAD3s7

I had that same issue actually. I live in Florida, so naturally I chose the Miami server for Twitch, but the issue was resolved when I changed the server to New York. Try that, and see if it helps man. That is of course, if the issue was happening when you are live. But if it also happens when you're recording/previewing, then it's probably something else.

vttym

I had that same issue actually. I live in Florida, so naturally I chose the Miami server for Twitch, but the issue was resolved when I changed the server to New York. Try that, and see if it helps man. That is of course, if the issue was happening when you are live. But if it also happens when you're recording/previewing, then it's probably something else.

Thanks, I'll try that, as it was happening when live. I'll check to make sure it's picking the right server, and maybe change it (I would be using NY, as I'm near there)

BLAD3s7

No worries man, let us know if it works.

Also I was able to stream for about 6 Hours of Resident Evil uninterrupted using this software, with full alerts and everything, and running at 59.94 FPS. It was really awesome and much better quality than the window capture.

CQR_Rich

I've been struggling along streaming window captures forever. Jim I am forever in your debt, this is absolutely superb. I ran a test stream earlier with beautiful results. I'm running at 3500kbps and 30fps using a direct capture from the PVR2 with zero issues...Top man Dodgepong

Here is a link to the test stream

http://www.twitch.tv/cqrclub/b/615435914

Last edited:

speedruntrainer

Just tried OBS 0.8.3 MP for Windows because HD PVR! But I can't get the game sound to work, and my internet was bad (0.49 upload)
But when I stopped streaming, my upload went normal (1.49) again and was still in the Skype Call. does OBS MP takes away my internet and results in framedrops even, for whatever reason?

This is my Past Broadcast:
http://www.twitch.tv/speedruntrainer/b/633121886

Had to lower the bitrate because the upload was only 0.49, so quality is not an issue.
You hear sound but the mic picked up the TV and I still need to figure out my mic level in OBS MP, but ofcourse I can find that out myself. My voice was too loud, so now I know I need to lower the level for next time :)

I never had any issues in FFSplit (besides not supported the HD PVR, but I used XSplit to initialize it)
The reason why I tried out OBS MP because FFSplit has a horrible bug not letting you update or install ffmpeg which results in crashing when you start the stream, even after you installed ffmpeg manually.

Anyway, how to get the game sound to work in OBS MP?

Thanks in advance.

Jon Prete

so i tried to use the beta version that jim put up on here it seems to work fine let me set up everything but everytime i start the stream about a minute in the program shuts down anyone know why this would be happening

BLAD3s7

Hey! It's been a little bit since the last version was released, just curious if there are currently any plans with this build still?