Resource icon

Browser Plugin

Albern2000

Hello, when i interact with the web browser page, i can not for some reason click the log in button. So i was looking if anyone else has that problem, and how i can fix it. Sorry if i am repeating some one else's post

Faruton

Developer
Hello, when i interact with the web browser page, i can not for some reason click the log in button. So i was looking if anyone else has that problem, and how i can fix it. Sorry if i am repeating some one else's post
Just checking, you are using interaction mode, right? Right click on the source and choose Interact.

You cannot interact in the properties view

Eddie Lucitt

For some reason, my Twitch Alerts won't work because of an HTML5 support issue. I'm also unable to view most Flash and HTML content. All in all this plugin has very few resources included and doesn't support 90% of the things I want to do with it. It looks like this is an issue only a few are having but I'd really like to get this fixed.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Can you be more specific? What error do you get with TwitchAlerts? What happens when you try to add the "Flash and HTML content" that you're referring to?

Eddie Lucitt

Here's a photo: http://i.imgur.com/ESASo7X.png

The bottom right is the Twitch Alerts error (from their end); and I realized that it doesn't work because the browser doesn't seem to support MP3 or M4A html5 (pictured left), which is what's causing the error.

As far as flash content goes, it simply shows a "Get Flash Player" button. When I interact with it, it that Flash is installed but disabled, and becomes unresponsive when I try to enable it from Adobe's website. Some other html5 content (such as TwitchAlerts' donation goal widget) doesn't appear when I try to add it as well (completely transparent image).

Hope I was specific enough. Happy to help solve this in any way.

mabreaker

Faruton updated Browser Plugin with a new update entry:

Browser Source 1.0.6

Features
  • Local file support
Download 1.0.6
First of all thank you about your nice browser plugins for OBS.

I would like to know is it huge job to port this OBS Multiplatform plugin also into Windows beside MAC world ?

Currently I'm forced to use OBS Studion (build from GitHub source) in Windows environment because of DirectX compatibility isseus on "old" OBS. And it is working on my system.

But the problem with OBS studio is that there is no CLR plugin support nor any other plugins awailable for OBS Studio Multiplatform, maybe because it has not been released for Windows yet.

Also I was not able to find any good plugin example for OBS multiplatform nor source code of your Multiplatform Browser plugin to build it by my own. Is your Browser source available somewhere ? In GIT maybe ?

I'm also making my own "plugin" (OBS multiplatform video plugin or DirectX Capture Source) to be able to import RTSP stream from wifi IP camera. Any working example for OBS Studio Multiplatform plugin would help a lot.

Br,
MaB

AT ONE SIR

Here's a photo: http://i.imgur.com/ESASo7X.png

The bottom right is the Twitch Alerts error (from their end); and I realized that it doesn't work because the browser doesn't seem to support MP3 or M4A html5 (pictured left), which is what's causing the error.

As far as flash content goes, it simply shows a "Get Flash Player" button. When I interact with it, it that Flash is installed but disabled, and becomes unresponsive when I try to enable it from Adobe's website. Some other html5 content (such as TwitchAlerts' donation goal widget) doesn't appear when I try to add it as well (completely transparent image).

Hope I was specific enough. Happy to help solve this in any way.
I have this exact same issue. Twitch alerts HTML5 error but I have up to date latest version of chrome 64-bit and 64-bit plugin. latest version of OBS for mac 0.6.4

I should add that I am only trying to load the TA test page for testing my follower design. However, it doesn't even work and gives me an inaccurate HTML5 error.

Last edited:
So when streaming with obs I have no problems putting my follower alert from twitch alert into the browser source but the second I put the donation ticker or donation goal from twitch alert into the browser source plugin, it isn't even visible I would like to know why.

First of all : Thanks for your work :D

Im trying the addon and i encounterd some small things on obs-mp 64-bit (windows)

I have a test folder that excludes everything thats in it from my antivirus scanner.
However with extracting the zip file, the file libcef.dll was marked as unsafe and removed. But this was only from the 64-bit folder.
I managed to get it back and exclude it again from future scans but it was a bit more work then expected.

And now , every time when a browser source is active and im closing obs-mp;
It closes the main window of obs and 2-3 seconds later i get an error message that obs64.exe is not responding anymore and some options to close it.
it does give some crash information tho:

Gebeurtenisnaam van probleem: APPCRASH
Naam van de toepassing: obs64.exe
Versie van toepassing: 0.0.0.0
Tijdstempel van toepassing: 54ac83d7
Naam van foutmodule: Qt5Gui.dll
Versie van foutmodule: 5.4.1.0
Tijdstempel van foutmodule: 54ac6e99
Uitzonderingscode: c0000005
Uitzonderingsmarge: 0000000000022248
Versie van besturingssysteem: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Landinstelling-id: 1043
Aanvullende informatie 1: 9a89
Aanvullende informatie 2: 9a89d64fb37547b5226711d99a4611c4
Aanvullende informatie 3: aa77
Aanvullende informatie 4: aa774768de91c768bc98f2edc880ec1d

This error only occures when a browser source is in the sources list.
Only after removing it from the sources list and restart obs-mp; will obs-mp close normally again without any error.

I have not tested it further but ill see if i can have a further look at it later today.
If you need more info: please ask and ill try to help as much as possible. (im in the irc channel(s) most of the time)

Cheers.

**edit** ps. also tested the 32-bit and that also gives the closing error.

Last edited:

Osiris

Forum Moderator
Weird, i never got a crash message, but i see now i do get one in the event viewer, i'll check it out.