OBS branch with AMD VCE support.

dping

I have these settings...which would you recommend me ?
Tahiti if either a R9 280x (like mine) or a 7970 GHz Edition is stock around 1000 core and 1500 memory. I have mine stable at 1050 with 1500MHz memory which is a slight underclock from 1100Mhz core factory OC that it came with. YMMV but use OCCT (GPU) with error check enabled for 30 minutes or so. you should get 0 errors whatever you use. you'll know in about 2 minutes if its going to error out.

dping

I had it enabled for 10 minutes and 0 errors, so I guess the stream now should be stable at 720@60, right ?
30 minutes or longer is the best test. did you check the box for error checking? I cant recall if I had to add in an amount to memory... anyway. the more complex the test is, the better chance it has in finding an error.

If your instability came from a factory OC that gives VCE trouble then yes, it should be stable. what did you end up setting clocks to just curious?

Setra

Thank you for your answer.
Yes gpu clock and heat are realy the last things... i´ve tried underclocking from 975 MHz to 900 MHz on 49°C in idlemode. Of course, same result... The last Option i think: Reinstall Windows ? Whats your meaning ?

EDIT: Khades what do you mean with OVA ?

Reinstalled Windows... Simsalabim, It runs like the first day =)

Andt42

My obs keep crashing and if I try to start broadcast or recording I got bluescreen. I put one of the log files I got. Latest crash didn't even give me an option to get one. I was streaming when it crash.

Attachments

• OBSCrashLog2015-07-01_2.txt
    4.9 KB · Views: 14
Ay, caramba, caramba... I just installed Windows 8.1 but I don't remember my setting :<
Can someone explain me again what to do with I/P/B/B delta QP? I think that's the problem (blurry recording) but I don't remember how I set it on Win7...

Shafski

Is this compatible with Windows 10? Has anyone got it to work on W10?

It works for me fine on W7 but when I dual boot into W10 the AMD VCE option is greyed out.

QLgtIFu.png

Edit: Btw its not a matter of not downloading the 2013 dist package since I had that problem on W7 then installed it and it was fine. I have them on here now too, re-installed again. I also don't have the original normal version of OBS on this whereas I do on W7, don't know if that means anything, but if I recall correctly you don't need the original for this version.

Last edited:

Dellon

Alright, so this time it happened...here is the crash log

Attachments

• OBSCrashLog2015-07-03_1.txt
    5.3 KB · Views: 13
enabling Disable D3D/OpenCL interoperability in AMD VCE's settings reduces OBS CPU usage by 10%, what the heck? 10% cpu was the difference between streaming dota 2 in 720p at 30 fps on my laptop.

Also I set my upload to CBR 1606 and twitch says "The broadcast is not set to constant bitrate (CBR). [Current average: 1776 kbps, current max: 3309.0 kbps]"

?!?!?!

AMD VCE is set to CBR but the bitrate will increase for fast motion based on min and max qp. which is set to 18-51.

dping

Is this compatible with Windows 10? Has anyone got it to work on W10?

It works for me fine on W7 but when I dual boot into W10 the AMD VCE option is greyed out.

QLgtIFu.png

Edit: Btw its not a matter of not downloading the 2013 dist package since I had that problem on W7 then installed it and it was fine. I have them on here now too, re-installed again. I also don't have the original normal version of OBS on this whereas I do on W7, don't know if that means anything, but if I recall correctly you don't need the original for this version.
works for me. you need to have OBS installed first, then run the OBS-VCE version from somewhere else. and yes, make sure the MSC+ both versions are installed,

Shafski

works for me. you need to have OBS installed first, then run the OBS-VCE version from somewhere else. and yes, make sure the MSC+ both versions are installed,

Strange. I deleted the OBS VCE, and started over in this order.

Installed original OBS, and ran it. Closed it. Installed 64 bit OBS and put in diff location, installed both MSC+ Versions, ran the 64 bit OBS, it's still greyed out. Works fine on W7 partition though.

Edit: Really weird. Im runnning 64 bit Windows 10 but only the 32 bit version of AMD VCE works. Oh well just gonna run with this :D Thanks

Last edited:

dping

Strange. I deleted the OBS VCE, and started over in this order.

Installed original OBS, and ran it. Closed it. Installed 64 bit OBS and put in diff location, installed both MSC+ Versions, ran the 64 bit OBS, it's still greyed out. Works fine on W7 partition though.

Edit: Really weird. Im runnning 64 bit Windows 10 but only the 32 bit version of AMD VCE works. Oh well just gonna run with this :D Thanks
interesting. did you check to make sure the 64bit version of MSC+ was installed? right click on start, control panel, programs and features and see if both show up in the list.

@dping Did you check the crash log ? I am really frustrated and I dunno what to do

I did but I dont really read those very well and is why I just prefer normal logs. did you have the minidump as well? not that it will help but someone could read whats going on.

Dellon

interesting. did you check to make sure the 64bit version of MSC+ was installed? right click on start, control panel, programs and features and see if both show up in the list.

I did but I dont really read those very well and is why I just prefer normal logs. did you have the minidump as well? not that it will help but someone could read whats going on.

https://gist.github.com/8eece91fda7e89becc4a
Here is the normal log.

And as an attachment, there is the crash dump

Attachments

• OBSCrashDump2015-07-03_1.zip
    321.1 KB · Views: 11

Shafski

Yup both there. x86 and x64 Strangely enough, the VCE option isn't greyed out and I can use it, but when I try to use Open CL for testing purposes, i get an error message saying it doesn't support AMD VCE whilst it works fine in W7