OBS branch with AMD VCE support.

Shafski

Something it wrong because that low of streaming resolution and preset should not affect performance.
That RAM speed can't be right, Fastest DDR3 ram speed at the moment is 3000MHz. Anyway, all I was getting by is that APUs perform much better with faster RAM so make sure your ram is set to at least the clocks you bought it at.

Also, I dont know if you've tried the newest drivers out...15.5 I believe.

Sorry was looking at the wrong thing.

bsQqPEj.png

Sorry, How do I know it's at the clock I bought it at? :x

AMD auto-detect told me I have the latest drivers, but I'll try manualling installing the 15.5

dping

Sorry was looking at the wrong thing.

bsQqPEj.png

Sorry, How do I know it's at the clock I bought it at? :x

AMD auto-detect told me I have the latest drivers, but I'll try manualling installing the 15.5
Well that should be close enough. I think they are supposed to run at 1833 but I could be wrong.

Setra

Ok, i filtered out.
OBS freezes if AMF is active.
In all other cases it runs...
Here the latest Log directly from protocolwindow:

Attachments

• manlog.log
    11.7 KB · Views: 25

dping

Ok, i filtered out.
OBS freezes if AMF is active.
In all other cases it runs...
Here the latest Log directly from protocolwindow:
Did you attempt a full driver wipe with DDU then reinstall? make sure there is a restart to safemode with DDU, it will guide you.

Shafski

With regards to my previous post, tried the new drivers which help a lot more but it's still as smooth as when I stream on my CPU (which isn't so smooth)

jackun

Developer
2015-06-18: [32bit] [64bit] Update to git head and merge Kobata's h264 profile level and no resolution checking patch.

As of now no resolution checking is done (future VCE may support larger resolution sizes like tonga/fiji support 4k), unsupported settings give the "encoder init failed" message box. Check the logs to be sure.

Also it seems you get no email alerts when not logged in which I always forget to do :P

Last edited:

Lucil

2015-06-18: [32bit] [64bit] Update to git head and merge Kobata's h264 profile level and no resolution checking patch.

As of now no resolution checking is done (future VCE may support larger resolution sizes like tonga/fiji support 4k), unsupported settings give the "encoder init failed" message box. Check the logs to be sure.

Also it seems you get no email alerts when not logged in which I always forget to do :P

does this new integration allow for 1080 @48 on quality now? or allow @30?

Kobata

does this new integration allow for 1080 @48 on quality now? or allow @30?
The limits are based on what your card can do, and to some extent how much you bandwith you can use.

VCE1/2 cards (everything current except R9 285, R9 380, Carrizo APU, and presumably fury-based cards) can do 1080p30 quality, and somewhat higher framerates at speed setting. VCE3 can do up to ~4k30/1080p120 quality. Realistically, either way 1080p30/720p60 is about the maximum you can get passable quality out of at twitch bandwidth (3500 max). Offline recording and some other streaming sites allow higher bandwidth, which can let you do more.

khades

just recorded with amf on r9 285 fullhd 1080p60fps at 6000kbps. Blocky but watchable. Awesome. (tested with Battlefield 4 test field)

khades

Everytime i change video settings inside "Heroes of the storm" game encoding freezes

Also got the same freezes or even driver crashes at real bf4 while encoding 1080p60fps. (sometimes it said VCE encoder is too slow) (just got "VCE encoder is too slow" on 720p60)

Last edited:

dping

Everytime i change video settings inside "Heroes of the storm" game encoding freezes

Also got the same freezes or even driver crashes at real bf4 while encoding 1080p60fps. (sometimes it said VCE encoder is too slow) (just got "VCE encoder is too slow" on 720p60)
Mantle or DX11?

kamild_

@jackun
Not sure if I'm being ignored but 5 "pages" ago I've reported an issue which is still happening on v0.651b.
I might have found a bug, can someone reproduce?
  1. Start Replay Buffer
  2. Go to OBS tray menu, click "Stop streaming"
  3. OBS crashes, Windows shows "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" when a game is running
Also I've just upgraded OBS to the latest version and while playing CS:GO the driver suddenly "stopped responding" - it hung for 10 seconds, then the game started working but OBS refused to work until I've restarted the computer.
Using the latest beta drivers, HIS Radeon R9 280X, not overclocked. If there's anything I can help with troubleshooting the issue, just let me know :) I wanted to report an issue on GitHub but I can't see the "Issues" section.
Also are changes submitted by @Kobata important for people who are using OBS for local recording instead of streaming?

Last edited:

dping

@jackun
Not sure if I'm being ignored but 5 "pages" ago I've reported an issue which is still happening on v0.651b.

Also I've just upgraded OBS to the latest version and while playing CS:GO the driver suddenly "stopped responding" - it hung for 10 seconds, then the game started working but OBS refused to work until I've restarted the computer.
Using the latest beta drivers, HIS Radeon R9 280X, not overclocked. If there's anything I can help with troubleshooting the issue, just let me know :) I wanted to report an issue on GitHub but I can't see the "Issues" section.
Also are changes submitted by @Kobata important for people who are using OBS for local recording instead of streaming?
There were resolution limits placed by Jackun for anything over 1080@60 to error out quickly instead of having the driver fail later down the line, jackun removed them to accommodate for the r9 285 (and other GCN 1.3 cards).
it shouldn't affect streaming or anyone currently using resolutions since, if your streaming, you shouldn't be doing it at 2k or 4k.
does the replay buffer just not work at all? is your issue occasional? does it matter how long? do hotkeys change the result, as in, being in game when you start-stop the replay buffer?

kamild_

does the replay buffer just not work at all? is your issue occasional? does it matter how long? do hotkeys change the result, as in, being in game when you start-stop the replay buffer?
I've never crashed the way I mentioned earlier until I updated to 0.651b, which crashed in the first 5 minutes. I'm going to play some CS:GO right now with replay buffer enabled and I will let you know ASAP. Regarding the hotkeys, I actually have problems with them not working sometimes - although I can start replay buffer manually but I can't save it.

EDIT: It must have been some really bad luck back then. Now I played the game for over an hour and OBS worked fine, except when I wanted to save a replay after 30 minutes of playing (the replay buffer is set to 10 minutes), my PC started lagging badly, OBS was like "CPU is overwhelmed with encoding" and it finally crashed. Probably should have reduced the replay buffer, hmm...

Last edited:

Darker

Anyone in here who have managed to use a secondary GPU solely for encoding in order to eliminate lag / bad FPS without having to use a 2PC setup?

If I use b-frames and save a VOD, both MPC-HC and VLC will drop frames and blur the picture.
core warning: picture is too late to be displayed (missing 101 ms)
Disabling H/W decoder has no effect. Using the x264 encoder bframes works fine.

Setting b-frames to 0 fixes the problem. Radeon 7790.

Last edited: