OBS branch with AMD VCE support.

dping

If I use b-frames and save a VOD, both MPC-HC and VLC will drop frames and blur the picture.
core warning: picture is too late to be displayed (missing 101 ms)
setting b-frames to 0 fixes the problem. Radeon 7790.
This has been something that jackun was working on a while back. it seems the encoding and decoding of b frames are set to different orders. I cant recall of he was able to get that working or not.

Setra

alright...
try´n´error... and again, and again...
If AMF is active OBS freezes. Done full driverwipes with ddu, installed 14.12, 15.5, 15.6, reinstalled msvc++2013, done multible sfc, sfcfix, tried new version of obs branch and many more. same result in all cases.
there is no way for me to get VCE working.
Pls see Logs @ Page93.
Hope anyone got the golden idea :)
Thank u

Last edited:

dping

alright...
try´n´error... and again, and again...
If AMF is active OBS freezes. Done full driverwipes with ddu, installed 14.12, 15.5, 15.6, reinstalled msvc++2013, done multible sfc, sfcfix, tried new version of obs branch and many more. same result in all cases.
there is no way for me to get VCE working.
Pls see Logs @ Page93.
Hope anyone got the golden idea :)
Thank u
I'm sad that you still haven't got it to work. so your 7870 right? The only thing I could think of is that encoder lag and duplicate frames at the end of your log that dont make a lot of sense. you are only doing 720@30 (GOP/IDR 60). which shouldn't be to taxing.

the only other thing I could think of is heat or stability. I'm sure your card never crashes outside of this build of OBS, but many have found underclocking to work well. maybe 1000core 1200mem. sry, I dont have a better idea, but if you've done everything else, heat or power issues is the only thing I could think of that would cause this.

you've tried DDU then drivers, you've tried everything else. All things considered your 7870 should be just as capable as my 280x.

khades

well if you use AMF and it freezes, stick to OVA. It will not freeze at least. and if you dont encode at 1080p60p you wont notice real difference

Setra

I'm sad that you still haven't got it to work. so your 7870 right? The only thing I could think of is that encoder lag and duplicate frames at the end of your log that dont make a lot of sense. you are only doing 720@30 (GOP/IDR 60). which shouldn't be to taxing.

the only other thing I could think of is heat or stability. I'm sure your card never crashes outside of this build of OBS, but many have found underclocking to work well. maybe 1000core 1200mem. sry, I dont have a better idea, but if you've done everything else, heat or power issues is the only thing I could think of that would cause this.

you've tried DDU then drivers, you've tried everything else. All things considered your 7870 should be just as capable as my 280x.

Thank you for your answer.
Yes gpu clock and heat are realy the last things... i´ve tried underclocking from 975 MHz to 900 MHz on 49°C in idlemode. Of course, same result... The last Option i think: Reinstall Windows ? Whats your meaning ?

EDIT: Khades what do you mean with OVA ?

on my q9550 oc'ed to 3.4ghz obs still takes over 30% cpu even when using vce, is this normal? games take about 40%-60% and adobe audition takes about 8-10% using msi after burner to limit fps to 30. unfortaintly the performancetest software only gave it a 15% increase from 2.83 to 3.4.

dping

on my q9550 oc'ed to 3.4ghz obs still takes over 30% cpu even when using vce, is this normal? games take about 40%-60% and adobe audition takes about 8-10% using msi after burner to limit fps to 30. unfortaintly the performancetest software only gave it a 15% increase from 2.83 to 3.4.
that is an older CPU but VCE shouldn't be using all that much CPU unless you are running a bunch of other things as well or not set up properly.

dping

Hey guys I am using OBS with AMD VCE and during the stream, my graphic drivers crash and i have to exit OBS to continue in the gameplay. Can you help me please ? Log file: https://gist.github.com/9a3f0e476a812bee9def
1080@60 only works with speed preset and is definitely not for streaming. it is basically for recording locally because the speed preset needs more bitrate to see the advantages. also your IDR should be multiples of your fps. you had IDR set to 20 with fps being 60.

Dellon

So what settings should I use for 720 streaming ? I don't have enough knowledge for this, just some basic stuff. Will I be able to stream 720@60 without crashing ?

dping

So what settings should I use for 720 streaming ? I don't have enough knowledge for this, just some basic stuff. Will I be able to stream 720@60 without crashing ?

From what I could see there were two possible issues. I didn't see in the log when and where you were crashing.

1, was at a certain point, you were attempting to stream at 1080@60 and the VCE encoder said this when you were doing 1080@60:
Code:
Failed to submit input buffer multiple times already. VCE is probably too slow for current settings.

After that, I noticed that the D3D hook (game capture) was being cleared periodically but it doesn't specify what or why, but those could have just been scene changes.

Dellon

It like didn't really crash, but my game froze...then i alt-tabbed to OBS and preview was white and I had to exit the OBS to continue in gameplay.

Last edited:

dping

It like didn't really crash, but my game froze...then i alt-tabbed to OBS and preview was white and I had to exit the OBS to continue in gameplay.
So you downscaled to 720p@60fps. are you still having an issue with those settings?

Dellon

Yeah, after 2 hours of streaming and playing CS:GO, my game freezes. I have to alt+tab to OBS, manually exit it, then I can continue playing else I can't.

dping

Yeah, after 2 hours of streaming and playing CS:GO, my game freezes. I have to alt+tab to OBS, manually exit it, then I can continue playing else I can't.
over time issues usually signal heat or stability issue. I would slightly underclock your GPU and see if it still happens. you probably wont notice the difference.

Dellon

I have these settings...which would you recommend me ?

Attachments

• sdfgsdf.png
    sdfgsdf.png
    108.5 KB · Views: 43