OBS branch with AMD VCE support.

PoznanskaPyrka

On rx-470 i have two problems.
1. Bitrate, when i set 3500 the output was 5000.
2. No stable work, and FPS drops. It does not matter what VCE profile is seting up. Stream processor is always congested.

Thibault

Can someone help me?

For some reason amd vce in encoding is grayed out and I can not check it.
I have the c++ 2013 x86, x64 and the latest drivers installed.
And Windows 10 Pro N
I am using the r9 390 with the i7 6700k @ 4.6Ghz

I randomly fixed my on issue, fix:
Enable multi monitoring in intergtared settings in BIOS

Last edited:

chummy

I want to understand the VCE 2.0 and B-frames thing. When i record a footage with Bframes enabled it cause video playback like MPC and even FRAPS to display wrong framerate. Recording with bframes enabled always cause player OSD to read 25% less framerate. 30fps recordings are show with 22.5fps and 60fps come at 45fps. Mediainfo and Windows info say video has 30/60fps but MPC/FRAPS realtime playing show only 22.5/45fps. Disabling bframes no such thing happen and both OSD read correctly 30/60fps.

Has someone noticed this yet with VCE 2.0? Problem persist with any VCE implementation Jackun. Media Foundation or Xaymar plugin.

Reencoding the video with Handbrake cause no video/audio sync problem and after conversion MPC/FRAPS read 30/60fps correctly.

Is MPC/FRAPS just misreading the raw VCE with bframes or they are really capped at framerate?

dping

I want to understand the VCE 2.0 and B-frames thing. When i record a footage with Bframes enabled it cause video playback like MPC and even FRAPS to display wrong framerate. Recording with bframes enabled always cause player OSD to read 25% less framerate. 30fps recordings are show with 22.5fps and 60fps come at 45fps. Mediainfo and Windows info say video has 30/60fps but MPC/FRAPS realtime playing show only 22.5/45fps. Disabling bframes no such thing happen and both OSD read correctly 30/60fps.

Has someone noticed this yet with VCE 2.0? Problem persist with any VCE implementation Jackun. Media Foundation or Xaymar plugin.

Reencoding the video with Handbrake cause no video/audio sync problem and after conversion MPC/FRAPS read 30/60fps correctly.

Is MPC/FRAPS just misreading the raw VCE with bframes or they are really capped at framerate?
I've noticed this in the past but since it doesn't exactly cause an issue, it has been chalked up as a misread.

But, until now, I dont believe anyone realized that this had to do with b frames alone.

Good find but I'm sure its just a mis-calculation

Thibault

Can some one please tell me what the best settings in obs are with vce for minimal fps loss but still good quality
I mean the AMD VCE encoder settings
What rate controll method should i use?

Last edited:

dping

Can some one please tell me what the best settings in obs are with vce for minimal fps loss but still good quality
I mean the AMD VCE encoder settings
What rate controll method should i use?
This 100% dependson your application, streaming or recording. There are many settings recommendations in the past 4 pages alone.

chummy

I've noticed this in the past but since it doesn't exactly cause an issue, it has been chalked up as a misread.

But, until now, I dont believe anyone realized that this had to do with b frames alone.

Good find but I'm sure its just a mis-calculation

I noticed it in past already and always avoid using Bframes thinking it was really broken. So recently decided to test again and make some tests, so looks like misreading then.

dping

I noticed it in past already and always avoid using Bframes thinking it was really broken. So recently decided to test again and make some tests, so looks like misreading then.
bframes will allow for better compression and hence, more quality per same bitrate so they are worth it.