dabrem

Hi, First thing I love OBS but after today I am not so sure. I had everything perfect with my stream and within obs. I currently just moved and had to setup all my equipment in a new place. Nothing changed other then the locations of my computers and monitors. Anyway I get everything setup. Turn on the computers and sit down to stream in my new place. Open OBS and my cameras aren't showing. Weird?! Go to the settings of the camera and click "activate" whew camera is back. Go and check the next scene and this same source camera is gone. What is going on?? Activate that one and check another and looo and behold its "deactivated" too. To not make this too long. Alll "Video Capture Devices" are not remaining active. I will make them active and switch scenes and they deactivate. So I have been troubleshooting for the last 6 hours with no change. I have backed up all scenes and sources and uninstalled OBS, then reinstalled and started scratch with just my cameras. And same thing in a fresh new OBS. So why are my cameras de-activating with every scene change? Why wont they stay Active in every scene.

deFrisselle

and you have them set to stay active, yes

Post another log with a streaming or recording session

Check Device Manager Make sure the drivers for your cams are okay

Last edited:

dabrem

and you have them set to stay active, yes

Post another log with a streaming or recording session

Check Device Manager Make sure the drivers for your cams are okay
How can I set them tk stay active? Also I have checked drivers and everything is up to date and working fine.

hyperkun

Im having this same problem occur with my c920 webcam. Everything worked fine before.
Right clicked on the properties of the video source the checkbox ""deactivate when not showing" . But this option does not save. So the source deactivates itself and has trouble reactivating when switching scenes. Win 10 OBS 27.2.4 64bit , Logitech c920 (in a usb hub)

dabrem

Yeah that's why
Im having this same problem occur with my c920 webcam. Everything worked fine before.
Right clicked on the properties of the video source the checkbox ""deactivate when not showing" . But this option does not save. So the source deactivates itself and has trouble reactivating when switching scenes. Win 10 OBS 27.2.4 64bit , Logitech c920 (in a usb hub)
Yeah mine doesn't save either. I'm using a C922 and another basic USB cam. It's doing it on all cams. Including video capture items.

dabrem

BTW way I will mention I am streaming and gaming from one pc. Not sure if this matters or not.

wilderf353

I am having similar trouble too with 2 FoMaKo 20X Zoom USB cameras. Everything has been working fine for 10 months and on Sunday I started having problems. Both cameras seem to randomly keep de-activating then re-activating on their own. When they were de-activated I could still see an active video stream, but I could not control their pan/tilt/zoom from OBS.

hyperkun

I made some progress (Logitech c920 webcam) but not there yet:
I installed old "Logitech Webcam Software 2.80.853.0 (ENU)" filename is "lws280.exe"
Situation now each time upon opening OBS:

1)C920 webcam video source is deactivated. I have to right click on the video source (c920) and click the "activate" button
2) Uncheck the "deactivate when not showing" box.
It now works fine for the session in OBS but I have to do these steps again when exiting and opening OBS.
The virtual cam function works fine for me during the session, switching scenes..
Perhaps some kind of Windows 10 update is responsible? Its weird.

dabrem

I made some progress (Logitech c920 webcam) but not there yet:
I installed old "Logitech Webcam Software 2.80.853.0 (ENU)" filename is "lws280.exe"
Situation now each time upon opening OBS:

1)C920 webcam video source is deactivated. I have to right click on the video source (c920) and click the "activate" button
2) Uncheck the "deactivate when not showing" box.
It now works fine for the session in OBS but I have to do these steps again when exiting and opening OBS.
The virtual cam function works fine for me during the session, switching scenes..
Perhaps some kind of Windows 10 update is responsible? Its weird.
I'm on windows 11 and it's every video capture device not just the one logitech I have. Although I have learned it's on the computer side of things as I can replicate the issue on SLOBS. It does the same thing on there. So currently in the process of removing programs one by one looking for what is causing it.

PanoramicWest

I can confirm, removing the StreamFX plugin solved the deactivating camera issue for me as well. Using a dslr and mirroless both had the issue, even after the OBS 28.0.3 update.