MusicBuddy [Supports Spotify, YouTube and more!]

Free MusicBuddy [Supports Spotify, YouTube and more!] 1.3.0.186

GONG_YOYO

Hey Bro,Could you please add a netease music win10 supports?I really need it.I can't find any plug-ins for it.Althought it's the best music player in China,So Please,Wish you can replay me.This the software offical website https://music.163.com/

iSn0w

Any plans on adding Youtube Music? :-) So the YT Music service instead the normal Youtube Homepage.

M1st3r J4ck

Can we please have additional formatting options? I want to be able to put some space between each iteration of the track and artist when I have it scrolling by. Here's a visual representation.

Ma Chouchoute - Snail's House Ma Chouchoute - Snail's House Ma Chouchoute - Snail's House Ma Chouchoute - Snail's House

Now imagine that slowly scrolling by to the left. Doesn't look quite right. I want it to look more like..

Ma Chouchoute - Snail's House ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ Ma Chouchoute - Snail's House ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏Ma Chouchoute - Snail's House

Make sense?

murko69

Hi there - New to the forum and MusicBuddy and just wanted to say a big thumbs up.
Been using something else before (Snip) but that applications stopped working about 12 months ago for me, so I am really happy to have been directed to this app.
I do have one suggestion though if that's possible to a few features I kinda gotten used to....
I use Spotify as my main media player

Even though the applications main window shows artist + title + album cover + album name I only get the art (spotifyalbumart.jpg) and 1 text file with artist+song combined.

Short wish list.
#1. The option to split current song in two files (song.txt + artist.txt)
#2. The option to create a text file (album.txt) with the album name (as currentsong.txt but that contains the album name instead)
#3. Also, when I shut Spotify down (pause, stop or killing the application itself - also if MusicBuddy shuts down) I really would like all text files emptied rather than to just add the text 'No song is playing!' Also if the .jpeg-file could be resized to 1x1 pixels or smilar if it's not active would be great.

PS. When authorizing Spotify I got an error, but everything seems to be working anyway. Forgot to copy the error text :/.

Edit: Added #3

Last edited:

Nascosta

Running into the same issue. Selecting any web-based service (YouTube/Soundcloud) causes infinite loading.

Running as administrator, chrome running in English, only 1 youtube tab open, Blocking plugins disabled for Youtube.

No errors in logs.

YoshiKyon

Been having the same issue re: YouTube and constantly seeming to load something, and I fixed it by changing the language from English (UK) to English (US). Not an ideal fix, but it's a fix none the less~

Cojora

I used this yesterday for Youtube (Chrome) and it worked without a hitch. But then I tried again today and had the same "program constantly loading" problem.
I noticed I had 2 log files in the "logs" folder and I deleted them. Then it worked without a problem :] and created a new log file in the folder.
Hopefully this will help

FR-The_S

Hi Dude, can we expect a dark theme or better, being able to choose our own color for the background? Color key is not really great on our streaming software for that.

mydetour

Hey, so 1st off I want to say I love using this for soundcloud but I would really love you to make one change. When an error occurs it gets hung up on that sound title until I hit ok. Can you build in an auto ok after say 30 or 60 seconds. This way I dont have to back out of the game to fix. That would be AMAZING!

Draco1314

I'm having trouble downloading, when clicking on the link ittakes me to the page but nothing happens or loads, just a blank page

dinkley1

will it be possible in future updates for musicbuddy to detect local files playing through spotify? as of now, it prints a bunch of errors to the log when it hits a local file, and doesnt detect any non-local music from that point on

GoojiTiger

I used MusicBuddy for a bit with no issues, but recently it will not even open anymore. The icon just pops up in the taskbar like it's attempting to open and then goes away. After searching my pc for MusicBuddy related files I found AppCrash logs. Anyone else have this problem? And can anyone help?

iSvein

@GoojiTiger Same here, happened after latest w10 update. I guess it needs an update. It has not been updated for over a year so....I hope it gets updated, its a great tool.

BazoxTV

Hey, It worked for me for 2 weeks and now Its not working anymore and I get this error: "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><MusicBuddyXml xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"><Version>1.2.1.87</Version><Errors><MusicBuddyError><Time>19:13:35</Time><Location>Update</Location><Log>Die Anfrage wurde abgebrochen: Es konnte kein geschützter SSL/TLS-Kanal erstellt werden..</Log></MusicBuddyError><MusicBuddyError><Time>19:12:40</Time><Location>Log</Location><Log>Created log file</Log></MusicBuddyError><MusicBuddyError><Time>19:12:40</Time><Location>Update</Location><Log>Die Anfrage wurde abgebrochen: Es konnte kein geschützter SSL/TLS-Kanal erstellt werden..</Log></MusicBuddyError></Errors></MusicBuddyXml>"

rocket91fm

Using newest version MusicBuddy-V1.2.5.156 with no issues for months. Today, cannot open the program after rebooting Windows 10 PC. It opens for a second, then crashes. I use the program to write a text file of current song playing in Winamp. Is there some server that is down that the program needs to connect to when it first tries to open? If so, is there a Lite version that does not need to connect to a remote server?Especially if someone doesn't need Spotify support like me.

hooppathbax

How does one show the album artwork in OBS? I can see the artist and title, but no artwork. I did click "download spotify artwork" in settings. Am I missing something?

EDIT: never mind! Sorry, I figured it out. Is there a way to get artwork for Soundcloud or iTunes?