MusicBuddy [Supports Spotify, YouTube and more!]

Free MusicBuddy [Supports Spotify, YouTube and more!] 1.3.0.186

maltsea

spotify doesnt show any information after pausing once, i restarted musicbuddy and spotify multiple times and the info wont come back. and yes music is playing out of spotify.

Koffeth

@Koffeth any news on the update :-), the current version doesn't work for me, it stopped working some weeks ago

Edit1: After reinstalling Spotify, MusicBuddy and revoking access from Musicbuddy to spotify, it works

The update is schedule mid/late January 2019 :) Could you next time you get the same problem, delete the "data.dat" file.

spotify doesnt show any information after pausing once, i restarted musicbuddy and spotify multiple times and the info wont come back. and yes music is playing out of spotify.

Delete "data.dat" file, that should fix your issue.

OBSuser777

Hello @Koffeth , I am having the exact same problem than the above message. MusicBuddy suddenly stops working while display a Spotify playlist ... and all that we can do is closing it, deleting the data.dat and restarting, the selecting Spotify again in the dropdown list so that it starts again... until next stop, it's random, I have no idea what is causing it, but its a few times an hour and a bit painful while streaming.
Can you give us an update on .. the next update ?

OBSuser777

Hi, before this update, MusicBuddy would stop working with Spotify randomly, at a rate that I would put at an average of once an hour, sometimes more. The only thing that would get it back working was closing it, deleting the .dat, restarting it and selecting Spotify again, as mentionned upper in a previous post.
Well, after this update... 1h exactly... it did that again, stopped working, except this time it said "PLEASE OPEN THE SPOTIFY APP" ... well, buddy... I never closed it.. and you know what, it's still opened.

So.. is there anything I could do to fix that ?

Thanks.

Koffeth

Hi, before this update, MusicBuddy would stop working with Spotify randomly, at a rate that I would put at an average of once an hour, sometimes more. The only thing that would get it back working was closing it, deleting the .dat, restarting it and selecting Spotify again, as mentionned upper in a previous post.
Well, after this update... 1h exactly... it did that again, stopped working, except this time it said "PLEASE OPEN THE SPOTIFY APP" ... well, buddy... I never closed it.. and you know what, it's still opened.

So.. is there anything I could do to fix that ?

Thanks.
Will investigate this, in the mean while try to run MusicBuddy and Spotify as Administrator. You can also try to remove the link between MusicBuddy and your Spotify account by going to the Spotify webpage, log in and select "Profile", then "Account", then click "Apps", then find MusicBuddy in the list and click "Remove access". After that start MusicBuddy and select Spotify, then reconnect the link between MusicBuddy and your Spotify account.

OBSuser777

Will investigate this, in the mean while try to run MusicBuddy and Spotify as Administrator. You can also try to remove the link between MusicBuddy and your Spotify account by going to the Spotify webpage, log in and select "Profile", then "Account", then click "Apps", then find MusicBuddy in the list and click "Remove access". After that start MusicBuddy and select Spotify, then reconnect the link between MusicBuddy and your Spotify account.

Ok , we will try that, thanks. I will post how it went as soon as all this has been tested live !

Devilmashine

Hi, it caused Chrome to freeze when going into SoundCloud or YouTube mode, no logs. I try only 1 tab, admin mod - all the same result.
win10 64bit, all apps updated to last versions

FR-The_S

Could be the perfect tool if it can display "No song"(something like that) or empty the file when nothing is playing because it's showing the last song when no song is playing :/

jueganeherYT

Hi Koffeth, how are you?.

I have the same problem as the users mentioned:
Man i have a little problem. I try to use musicBuddy for youtube, but when i select youtube likes music source, i have an infinite loading and nothing work. https://gyazo.com/e3cb7d1735c7aab3e37f2a29714991e3
What i do bad?
Hi, it caused Chrome to freeze when going into SoundCloud or YouTube mode, no logs. I try only 1 tab, admin mod - all the same result.
win10 64bit, all apps updated to last versions
I use Google in Spanish, but I changed it to English and it also did not work. I tried to enter Administrator mode and neither.
When choosing Youtube provider the cursor remains loading indefinitely, it also lets me see the settings and access the sections of the program but does not show any PLAY INFO data. The state stay on "Running Youtube for Google Chrome".

What else can I do?.

Is there an extension for Google Chrome that solves this?

Thank you very much for the initiative.

Koffeth

Hi Koffeth, how are you?.

I have the same problem as the users mentioned:

I use Google in Spanish, but I changed it to English and it also did not work. I tried to enter Administrator mode and neither.
When choosing Youtube provider the cursor remains loading indefinitely, it also lets me see the settings and access the sections of the program but does not show any PLAY INFO data. The state stay on "Running Youtube for Google Chrome".

What else can I do?.

Is there an extension for Google Chrome that solves this?

Thank you very much for the initiative.
Hello!
1. Which Windows are you running?
2. If you were running Chrome in Spanish, I would guess that you're running Windows in Spanish? If so, try and change the Windows language to English.
3. An Chrome extension for MusicBuddy is planned for the future!

jueganeherYT

Hello!
1. Which Windows are you running?
2. If you were running Chrome in Spanish, I would guess that you're running Windows in Spanish? If so, try and change the Windows language to English.
3. An Chrome extension for MusicBuddy is planned for the future!
1. I'm running Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
2. I change the SO languaje to English and now works fine. But obbiously, i prefered my system in Spanish because others persons use my PC like my girlfriend, and she don't speak English. If you need some translation or something to do your program works fine on Windows and Chrome in Spanish you can tellme. Maybe i can helpyou.
3. Great!!!

EDIT1: I have seen a small defect while the program ran. It shows the number of notifications from the YouTube account with which the current video is played. Shows it in front of the song in parentheses (1). Obviously he does it because you are taking the name of the tab to put in the plain text. Perhaps you can ignore the text that appears in parentheses at the beginning of the name of the tab, only if they are numbers. Or some other improvement can be carried out.

EDIT2: If you close Chrome or Youtube tab, the program creates infinite LOG error messages. Which means that if by clueless we close the YouTube tab but leave the program open the daily log file will increase continuously every 2 seconds or so. Maybe it should not be saved in the log when you close youtube tab or chrome and simply report it in the status bar of the program, or save only the first unique error and don't repeat it on the log.

Many thanks for you quickly answer!

Last edited:

phaxan

Hello !

Thanks for your work ! It is not that easy to find this kind of tools.

I've tried the online players with your tool and unfortunately it doesn't work with the last version 1.2.4.124 and Chrome 73.0.3683.103 .
When I choose the provider, I have a loading icon on the mouse, message "Running Youtube for Google Chrome" is displayed but no meta are displayed. Same issue with Soundcloud. No error in log.

My OS is Windows 10 btw.

valentinbraem

I would use your software with Foobar2000, but the metadata is not detected.
brave_2019-04-21_18-03-42.png