Resource icon

Multiple RTMP outputs plugin 2020-05-17

Silails

Hi, I'd like to know if there would be a problem if I stream to youtube with H.265 NVENC encoder and chose to stream to twitch with "Get from OBS" options? (will test it anyways)

JoHn26

Hi,
Is there a solution when using this plugin to stream on Twitch and Youtube at the same time, to have the Youtube and Twtich chat merged or at least to have 2 different windows for each chat?

sorayuki

I have accpeted a pull request adding Linux building steps.
It may now produce Linux package but I don't have the environment to test it now.

Acey05

Quick question, does anyone know what kind of PC do you need to use the 2nd encoder, or should I say, are QuickSync encoders bugged or something with this Plugin, maybe NDI doesn't play nice with it?
Do I need a high end GPU for it to work properly?

I wanted to try and push more bitrate to Youtube vs. Twitch on a streaming PC (same everything, just a different encoder for the data), and I figured if by default OBS uses 20-30% for a single encode pass at the highest settings with Quicksync, than 2 at same time will be 70% at worst.
Hell, dropping options cuts that cost in half about.

However, not only does the 2nd encoder use about 10% more power (30-40% on average) even if the main OBS stuff itself isn't streaming, or if no options where changed, but even if I "RESCALE DOWN" with the Plugin (1080 > 720) the entire PC starts lagging like crazy, it gets a lot worse if upscaling (it can take 30 seconds to stop the stream) and everything becomes extremely unresponsive (again, this is only with the Plugin 2nd Encoder active, OBS itself is not doing anything still, it's not even recording).
I can't even imagine how bad it will get once I start actually using both Encoders at the same time, while hitting the 90% CPU Usage out of nowhere.

I figured there is something wrong on my end, because the math doesn't add up, even if both encoders running at the same time need extra power, they shouldn't be lagging the entire PC to it's knees with same exact settings, while also dropping frames (in some cases it drops the 2nd encoder from 60 to 43 FPS).

Cheers in advance!

RSM4N

Hello,

Can you tell me what are the differences between the four settings in the photo please?
QuichSync.jpg

Nutri_

Hi all, any MacOS user able to run this on OBS 29+? I tried early this year but had to revert to OBS 28. Thanks!

Jsmith345

Does anyone know, which preset is used in the plugin version 0.3.0.2, if you choose x264 cpu encoding? Indicators like "very fast" or "slow" are completely missing. Whatever it is set to, it looks even better than 1080p x264 medium on twitch when i do normal single streams.

Is there some special thing behind it?

Main encoder settings in obs stream output:
- YouTube as streaming platform
- 20.000 kbps bitrate
- AV1 Encoder, preset quality
- 1440p Output Resolution

Additional Settings in Multi RTMP Plugin:
- Twitch
- 7.750 kbps bitrate
- CPU x264 Encoder, preset unknown
- Rescaling to 1080p Output Resolution

Last edited:

megavapor

Lets say you stream at 6,000Kbs.

You're sending 1 instance of Data (6K) to Restream, and then Restream is sending that (6K) everything else, that's how it works. The extra "Data" is coming from Restream.
So if you want 2 Platforms, that becomes 2 times the data (12K), and more and more, it can balloon pretty easily. Mind you, some people did mention Restream reduces the bitrate slightly, but I can't confirm that.

If you use this Plugin, you're doing the same. 2 platforms require 2 times the data rate, etc. So if you have a data capped internet, you could be easily hitting the limit, you can't do anything about that other then lower the bitrates or get a new ISP.
yes in reastream only stream at 6000kbs, old time send to 15platforms free, 1 stream in my pc, 15 platforms in clound recode perfect, but now reastream block free to only 2 platforms :(

hardlevelbr

it's a really nice plugin, but it wont save the keys of my streams and I have to set it manually each time I start OBS, it's a little bit annoying

would be nice a better way to save it, maybe in a json file or something else

andrei89tym

Последняя версия данного плагина, почему то не запускает Twitch с любым кодировщиком ( не знаю почему именно Twitch). Например: Первый добавил VK, а второй Twitch, выбрал кодировщик который и у VK, не работает, так же менял на другие кодировщики. Удалил последнюю версию, поставил для 28 версий OBS, заработало все отлично.

Adega

Hello. What am I doing wrong? Obs settings on YouTube 1440 60fps 25000 kb, I set it to restream in the plugin 1080 60 fps 6000 kb and I get terrible friezes in the game. There is no cpu 15%, gpu 45%, encoder 37% rtx 3070 in congestion monitoring. I tried to install a restream plugin on the integrated cpu 11700k and the result is the same.