Resource icon

Multiple RTMP outputs plugin 2020-05-17

haleypadawan

I'm confused since there are conflicting information. Someone said to avoid using more resources we can just set the settings to "Get from OBS" which then if you're uploading 9000kbps then you're only sending 9000kbps and not 18000kbps if you're streaming to 2 platforms which will mean it will be the same as restream without watermark/having to pay.

But on the other hand someone said you will always need to upload 18000kbps if you're sending 9000kbps to 2 platforms even with "Get from OBS" option.

Can someone clarify this? Thank you.

roleli

If you are using this plugin and you are sending 9,000 Kbps to the 2 platforms, you will need to be able to send 18,000 Kbps.

Now the 'get from OBS' option just prevents the encorder from doing double encoding. You are using the settings of OBS so it is less processing but does not change the fact you are still sending to 2 platforms therefore 2 x 9000 Kbps

With Restream, Castr, Splitstrem and similar providers you will send one stream, 9,000 Kbps, to them and they will "restream" the stream to the 2 or more platforms for you.

Now the general recommendation is that is you are pushing a stream of X Kbps you should try and have 2 to 2.5 that amount in upload capacity. The reason is you want to ensure you have headroom for other activity that might happening on the network and or fluctuation in the upload speeds.

haleypadawan

If you are using this plugin and you are sending 9,000 Kbps to the 2 platforms, you will need to be able to send 18,000 Kbps.

Now the 'get from OBS' option just prevents the encorder from doing double encoding. You are using the settings of OBS so it is less processing but does not change the fact you are still sending to 2 platforms therefore 2 x 9000 Kbps

With Restream, Castr, Splitstrem and similar providers you will send one stream, 9,000 Kbps, to them and they will "restream" the stream to the 2 or more platforms for you.

Now the general recommendation is that is you are pushing a stream of X Kbps you should try and have 2 to 2.5 that amount in upload capacity. The reason is you want to ensure you have headroom for other activity that might happening on the network and or fluctuation in the upload speeds.
Ahh I see. Thank you for this information.

So "Get from OBS" makes it so CPU/GPU usage doesn't change when you're streaming from 1 or multiple streams?

c0nsecro

Hello everyone, I've made a review of my settings ... creepy english skills, but maybe it will help you: https://youtu.be/l1jCnNBX_ag . At least it seems to be, that the plugin get problems with the anticheat "BattlEye" but I can't confirm it complete until now. Did someone else got problems when he plays PUBG, Destiny 2 or Escape from Tarkov like me?

ENECE

Atascado en la versión 27 de OBS por Multiple RTMP outputs plugin y obs-ndi - NewTek NDI™ integration into OBS Studio

Maurici

Hello everyone, I installed OBS 29 but there are two plugins that do not work:
Multiple RTMP output plugin
and STREAMFX
Should I wait for development?

c0nsecro

I installed the new version 29 as well and now the encoder still got really fucked up. The encoder overloaded in version 28 as well, but now my stream on Youtube (resolution 2560x1440, 11k bitrate) is a picture show, Twitch and Facebook streams (resolution 1600x900, 7800 bitrate) stuttering too. My encoding FPS dropping from 60 to 13, it's a disaster ... I think the Youtube encoding still bugs my OBS but it kills the plugin completly and I don't know why.

kulotnapanda

Hi! We're using both MacOS versions of OBS, for different devices of course, and is it just me or is this plugin not working on the latest version (v29) of OBS?

MiKaCe

Sorayuki not responding,. Stuck on OBS 28.1.2 cause it's the last that worked for me. Just waiting for the update to use OBS 29.

xbentu

Hey everyone! I'm using OBS 29.0.0 with the latest multiple rmtp plugin and trying to stream to youtube almost never works. It works once, then I have to restart computer/ readd the youtube information etc and maybe it'll work, sometimes it won't. Anyway I can diagnose the issue?