Resource icon

Multiple RTMP outputs plugin 2020-05-17

spdyvkng

No, it can't. It can only send the active scene to other providers.
Would it be possible to use different downstream keyers from Downstream Keyer Plugin for different streams using separate encoders? Thus using DSK1 for Twitch with Twitch elements overlaying the Twitch target and DSK2 for Facebook elements overlaying the Facebook target, each with their own separate encoder?

Robo92la

Can someone help me? I've tried downloading this plugin for Mac but can't seem to find it in my "view--docks". I have the proper versions and the obs-multi-rtmp folder in my plugins folder. Not sure what I'm getting wrong here.

wadokin

Hello,
I've been trying to use this plugin for months without success. I have so many problems. I have OBS 27.1.3, and obs-multi-rtmp-portable.zip version 0.2.8. I have my OBS linked to Youtube, and I intend to stream to Twitch simultaneously with this plugin.
1. I cannot uninstall this plugin. I removed all the files that I had added to the OBS folder, but the plugin is still there, and my RTMP settings are there too. Why isn't there an uninstaller?
2. When it is installed, I get the error " To get encoders from OBS, please start steraming in OBS for once", EVERY time I close and reopen OBS.
3. After starting a broadcast without this plugin to let it get the encoder data, I click start on the plugin, and it says that it's streaming, and on my Twitch site it's says that I'm live under my profile picture and the timer on the bottom right is running, but the stream does not play, it shows the offline banner, and on the top right, it says I'm offline. Also, the bandwidth is indeed being uploaded, but Twitch is not able to display it.
4. I haven't found a single forum or video on internet which explains exactly how to introduce the "RTMP Server" and RTMP Key that this plugins requires, when trying to use it for TWITCH (all the tutorials are for youtube). So I googled the twitch ingest servers (https://stream.twitch.tv/ingests/), and I am introducing the data like this:
RTMP Server: rtmp://mad01.contribute.live-video.net/app/{stream_key}
RTMP Key: {stream_key}
where I replace {stream_key} with the "Primary Stream key" that I have in my Twitch user profile.
Then I introduced my username and password just in case. And I left the Video Settings and Audio Settings to "Get from OBS".
Is this the correct way to do it for Twitch?
5. Would it be possible to add a feature to the plugin that allows me to set a different "FPS" for each stream output? I want to stream in 60 fps to Youtube, and 30 fps to Twitch.

Why do I always get more problems than anyone else when trying to set up computer stuff??

wadokin

Hello,
I've been trying to use this plugin for months without success. I have so many problems. I have OBS 27.1.3, and obs-multi-rtmp-portable.zip version 0.2.8. I have my OBS linked to Youtube, and I intend to stream to Twitch simultaneously with this plugin.
1. I cannot uninstall this plugin. I removed all the files that I had added to the OBS folder, but the plugin is still there, and my RTMP settings are there too. Why isn't there an uninstaller?
2. When it is installed, I get the error " To get encoders from OBS, please start steraming in OBS for once", EVERY time I close and reopen OBS.
3. After starting a broadcast without this plugin to let it get the encoder data, I click start on the plugin, and it says that it's streaming, and on my Twitch site it's says that I'm live under my profile picture and the timer on the bottom right is running, but the stream does not play, it shows the offline banner, and on the top right, it says I'm offline. Also, the bandwidth is indeed being uploaded, but Twitch is not able to display it.
4. I haven't found a single forum or video on internet which explains exactly how to introduce the "RTMP Server" and RTMP Key that this plugins requires, when trying to use it for TWITCH (all the tutorials are for youtube). So I googled the twitch ingest servers (https://stream.twitch.tv/ingests/), and I am introducing the data like this:
RTMP Server: rtmp://mad01.contribute.live-video.net/app/{stream_key}
RTMP Key: {stream_key}
where I replace {stream_key} with the "Primary Stream key" that I have in my Twitch user profile.
Then I introduced my username and password just in case. And I left the Video Settings and Audio Settings to "Get from OBS".
Is this the correct way to do it for Twitch?
5. Would it be possible to add a feature to the plugin that allows me to set a different "FPS" for each stream output? I want to stream in 60 fps to Youtube, and 30 fps to Twitch.

Why do I always get more problems than anyone else when trying to set up computer stuff??

After deleting everything, I also tried the "obs-multi-rtmp-setup.exe", and it shows the message "uninstall obs-multi-rtmp?". But even if I click yes, it doesn't delete it; and the next time I run it, it asks the same thing.
Also, regarding deletion of the plugin, is there anything in "Username"\AppData\Roaming\obs-studio that I should delete?

I also tried setting Twitch as main main stream, and tried to stream to Youtube with this plugin, and it didn't work either.
I just can't get it to work at all

wadokin

After deleting everything, I also tried the "obs-multi-rtmp-setup.exe", and it shows the message "uninstall obs-multi-rtmp?". But even if I click yes, it doesn't delete it; and the next time I run it, it asks the same thing.
Also, regarding deletion of the plugin, is there anything in "Username"\AppData\Roaming\obs-studio that I should delete?

I also tried setting Twitch as main main stream, and tried to stream to Youtube with this plugin, and it didn't work either.
I just can't get it to work at all
I literally just uninstalled OBS and checked the "remove settings" box. Then I even unistalled all plugins that had an uninstall.exe. Restarted my computer, deleted the obs-studio folder from Program files (which it didn't let me delete before the restart). Downloaded OBSStudio from internet, installed it. BAM Sorayuki's plugin is already there?!! How do I delete it?? Heeelp

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    37.2 KB · Views: 305

wadokin

I literally just uninstalled OBS and checked the "remove settings" box. Then I even unistalled all plugins that had an uninstall.exe. Restarted my computer, deleted the obs-studio folder from Program files (which it didn't let me delete before the restart). Downloaded OBSStudio from internet, installed it. BAM Sorayuki's plugin is already there?!! How do I delete it?? Heeelp
I found it in "C:\ProgramData\obs-studio\plugins\obs-multi-rtmp\..."!!! I don't remember how it got there, but it's a hidden folder, so I definitely didn't put it there myself. I deleted the whole \obs-studio\plugins\obs-multi-rtmp\..., and reinstalled OBS, and the plugin is finally gone!
Now I will try to manually add the plugin files to this clean install to see if the plugin works...

Note: I hate posting so many posts... I'd like to be able to edit and update a single post... but there's a 10 minute limit on editing...so I have to make a new post every time I want to update my progress...can that be changed??

wadokin

I found it in "C:\ProgramData\obs-studio\plugins\obs-multi-rtmp\..."!!! I don't remember how it got there, but it's a hidden folder, so I definitely didn't put it there myself. I deleted the whole \obs-studio\plugins\obs-multi-rtmp\..., and reinstalled OBS, and the plugin is finally gone!
Now I will try to manually add the plugin files to this clean install to see if the plugin works...

Note: I hate posting so many posts... I'd like to be able to edit and update a single post... but there's a 10 minute limit on editing...so I have to make a new post every time I want to update my progress...can that be changed??
OK. It works with the default settings. I literally didn't change a single setting. II logged in to Twich with OBS, and then put the Youtube RTMP data on the plugin. I managed to stream to both platforms simultaneously. Though after closing and restarting OBS, once again I got the error "To get encoders from OBS, please start steraming in OBS for once ".

wadokin

I then swapped accounts, and set Youtube as the main, and streamed to Twitch with the plugin. It also worked. Then I tried to increase the bitrate to 18000 kbps, which is what I use for Youtube. That's when the plugin stopped working. Is it illegal to send that much bitrate to Twitch, or what is the problem? I don't mind if I send 18 Mbps and it gets capped to 6 Mbps, but at least I don't have to set independent encoders. Maybe it's related to the setting "Ignore streaming service limitations" in the Streaing tab in the settings of OBS, which is not a setting that's available through the plugin. Well, at least I got it to work. I'm quite happy now :) Sorry for so many posts

Last edited:

wadokin

So I figured out, that this plugin only works upto 8000 kbps bitrate. If you go higher either through the OBS encoder, or through the custom encoder, in whatever platform (Youtube, Twitch..), it doesn't work at all. Though Youtube has a 51000 kbps limit, so I don't know why it's also capped at 8000 kbps by this plugin. What's interesting, is that with this plugin I can stream to Twitch at 8 Mbps even though I'm not an affiliate, whereas if I use the normal streaming method, it gets capped to 8 Mbps automatically, unless I check the "Ignore streaming service limitations". By the way, can I get banned for streaming at 8 Mbps without being an affiliate?

wadokin

So I figured out, that this plugin only works upto 8000 kbps bitrate. If you go higher either through the OBS encoder, or through the custom encoder, in whatever platform (Youtube, Twitch..), it doesn't work at all. Though Youtube has a 51000 kbps limit, so I don't know why it's also capped at 8000 kbps by this plugin. What's interesting, is that with this plugin I can stream to Twitch at 8 Mbps even though I'm not an affiliate, whereas if I use the normal streaming method, it gets capped to 8 Mbps automatically, unless I check the "Ignore streaming service limitations". By the way, can I get banned for streaming at 8 Mbps without being an affiliate?
Well, I realized that I was seeing myself as live on my own Tiwtch dashboard when streaming to Twitch at 8 Mbps, but then I went to my channel as a different user, and I appeared offline, so yeah, no hack there... Twitch was blocking me unitl I switched it back to 6 Mbps.

Also I realized that it was the obs-multi-rtmp-setup.exe that had installed the plugin in the Program Data folder. And then I had installed it twice by putting it manually into Program files. I was having the problem that the plugin doesn't remember the encoder settings after restarting (I tried versions 0.2.8 and 0.2.7.1), so I removed the files from Progarm Files, and I tried the obs-multi-rtmp-setup.exe, which put them again into Program DATA, and the plugin works anyway, but it still doesn't remember the encoder settings.

I also have some requests, which I don't know if they're even possible or logic:
1. I would like to be able to set different fps for each stream
2.Would it be possible to set a high bitrate for Youtube, and then have it capped for Twitch at 6 or 8 Mbps, with a single encoder?

Sorry and thanks again!

Last edited:

TriviaNight

This plugin is fantastic! We are running into one issue and I don't see a workaround. We need to stream to Twitch & Instagram at the same time, but the resolution cannot stay the same on both platforms. Is there a way to change the resolution within the plugin? Thanks again for making something so easy to use!

ejstark

I had this plugin working for several months. I streamed to Facebook Live with OBS, and YouTube with the plugin. The plugin recently started giving me a "Failed to Connect to Server" error. I changed all of my settings to simplify everything. I used Get From OBS, but still cannot connect for the last two months. Anyone else seen the same thing? I'm not sure why it stopped working.

Dputz

Anytime i stream more than 2 my computer goes to 70%+ (facebook group/facebook page/linkedin). I have to shut down the 3rd one. Any suggestions? Currently I "start the stream" then run the 2 off the dock killing the main stream.

MEDIAALL

Hi, great plugin! But please I have an important question. While streaming with this plugin to the multiple platforms, does that require the need for more data consumption or bigger bandwidth than when streaming to a single channel?

lifewithmatthew

Hi, great plugin! But please I have an important question. While streaming with this plugin to the multiple platforms, does that require the need for more data consumption or bigger bandwidth than when streaming to a single channel?

Yes, assuming every destination is using the same bitrate, then streaming to 2 destinations will take double the bandwidth, streaming to 3 will take triple the bandwidth, etc.

Jason McPeak

Love to be able to use this, I run LINUX. I tried to download and compile the source, but it's not working. I also tried to do the compile through the command line with GITHUB, but their weird change in login using a token or something and their workaround useing a browser login isn't working either.

brighthorizon

Hello, has anyone been able to successfully use this addon to stream to 2 different youtube channels? I can get this addon to work with main stream to be youtube and facebook using addon but when trying to add another youtube channel with correct rtmp and streamkey doesn't work. It says its streaming but no video ever shows on 2nd youtube channel.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.