Muffled sound on recording. And only good when audio driver is turned off. Possibly a bug.

VinnieGret

I am tinkering here for more then 6 hours already and i am extremely frustrated and exhausted.

In detail:
I spent alot of time trying all the types of settings, a billon of googling. And nothing worked, no matter the OBS/Windows settings the sound is shit. Alot of time wasted.
Until i tried to turn off dolby equalizer which makes sound bad+Stereo for me. I captured a few minutes like that, and when i actually turn everything back on and listen to the recording it is actually what it supposed to sound like. It was actually crispy clean. But here is lies the problem. It either me to listen to bad stereo sound or the stream to muffled.
The driver: I use "dolby digital plus advanced audio" for the 7.1 quality sound, to be precise i had to erase realtek completely to prevent it from reinstalling in place of my current driver. It is an original dolby driver of 2014-2016. This what i did to get it, precisely: https://youtu.be/lRw8MoQyvzY
If anyone to say thats a driver side problem, here's the catch... Nvidia Shadowplay / Geforce Overlay, handles the capture perfectly. Including the sound. Bandicam too, it only has the stereo so its a little harder to compare but it is definetly NOT muffled in bandicam either. Discord streams are having a better sound too. Any type of programm that has screen capture handles it better basically. There is a problem at some of the steps in OBS either with a finalization of audo or with its capture IDK.

cyclemat

01:22:09.118: - scene 'Game Capture':
01:22:09.118: - source: 'Genshin' (game_capture)
01:22:09.118: - source: 'DArk Souls III' (game_capture)
01:22:09.118: - source: 'Sekiro' (game_capture)

only use one gamecapture per scene make a scene per game and use the advanced scene switcher to switch the scene when you start the game

disable 5.1 when you streaming obs makes problems with downmix 5.1 or put an external 5.1 mixer or another audio tool to split the signal and downmix the 5.1.

look here

and no streamer uses 5.1

try Atmos for headphones !

and "It is an original dolby driver of 2014-2016" did you see the problem???? 2014.................. buy an delorean

VinnieGret

and no streamer uses 5.1

try Atmos for headphones !

and "It is an original dolby driver of 2014-2016" did you see the problem???? 2014.................. buy an delorean
Yeah, i know about preferable stereo for streaming i just left it at 5.1 when i was trying to identify the problem. But i didnt knew that multiple captures per scene can cause problems, thanks for that.