Move

Move 2.12.0

as an FYI, plugin crashes OBS when closing obs if a move filter (on a scene) is targeting a Scene source within it that has a "crop/pad" filter attached to it with filter visibility on. Turning visibility off on the crop/pad filter on the nested scene before exiting OBS seems to fix the crashes.

Fault address: 7FFAD97BCEEF (c:\program files\obs-studio\obs-plugins\64bit\move-transition.dll)
Thread AA8: tiny_tubular_task_thread (Crashed)
hope that helps.
Thanks for the amazing plugin. I cant imagine what I would do without it.
God Bless
I was wrong about this, for some reason it fixed the issue for a couple days then not anymore? Now my best guess is that copying/pasting the "move source" filters from one parent scene into another and then changing the target scene source name caused the problem. It resolved only after deleting scenes that had pasted/altered the target source once applied to another scene. (I was copying them over to retain the XY coordinates for re use on other scenes to replicate the same effect). Additionally, when I copy a move source filter from one scene to another, it DOES retain the coordinates I had set, UNTIL I change the target source.....which purges the coordinates so I have to manually re enter them (I dont know if that is by design? It would be nice if the coordinates typed it were retained even if the targeted source to move is changed in the drop down).

qwe1154323937

I have updated the Chinese localization translation of the mobile transition plugin to 2.9.1
I noticed that there seemed to be some duplicate text reference functions in the text, and I'm not sure if they were intentional, so I translated them all
Some English translations into Chinese may have incorrect descriptions (translation software cannot accurately translate certain words). I will learn more about certain functions in future use and make secondary modifications in the future
Thank you for creating such a great plugin!

Attachments

• Move transition 2.9.1 - zh-CN.rar
    4.4 KB · Views: 32

therealdadbeard

Has anyone successfully used this in comination with 3D filter to get real correct perspectives? You can fake some stuff but other things look weird. Always when I try to combine some of the axes it either moves mirrored or just glitches out.

mistywoods

Hi, I installed the plugin in OBS 28 and 29, v 2.6 / 2.8 / 2.9 and none of it worked, the plugin is not showing up.
The obs log shows the plugin is installed, I don't know what else to do :c

Exeldro

@mistywoods the log does not give an error loading? When you try to add a new transition in the transition dock it does not show there? Do the move filters show when you try to add a filter to a source?

AndrewJordan

I'm using OBS 29.1.1 and have an M1 Mac. No matter what I do, I can't see the move plugin in OBS after I download, unzip and install. It seems like this plugin doesn't work with apple silicon. Is that true? And if so, is there a similar "smooth" transition plugin that is compatible with my M1? Please help. Thanks!

AndrewJordan

I did everything this guy said to do and it still isn't showing up in obs.. He does say it should work for silicon macs, but i wonder if it's because of the new obs version not supporting it (29.1.1). I really need to get this to work. It doesn't look like there are any other similar plugins..
Is there a certain directory that I need to download to? What do you suggest I do?

AndrewJordan

@AndrewJordan @tankerojo does the plugin show an error in your OBS log file?
I think we're getting somewhere. Below is part of the log file. Noticed where is says "incompatible architecture" and "have 'x86_64', need 'arm64e".. What does that mean?

LOG: "Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins/move-transition.plugin/Contents/MacOS/move-transition' (mach-o file, but is an incompatible architecture (have 'x86_64', need 'arm64e'))"

biggie_boy_man

hello, i'm trying to have a way to move my source like a few pixels to the left or the right and repeat it using a shortkey. I thought the "move value" filter would do the trick but i dont understand how to put a value in it

hello, i'm trying to have a way to move my source like a few pixels to the left or the right and repeat it using a shortkey. I thought the "move value" filter would do the trick but i dont understand how to put a value in it
Move Source filter - make sure the source you want to move is selected in each filter.

If you only need two destinations - you need two filters: make them "Whatever 1" and "Whatever 2" or use "default" or "closed" or whatever for your starting point name.

If you've added the Move Source after the source is there, then the transform is correct once you've selected the source. So now, all you need to do is make that 2nd Move Source filter - select the source - and now *move* the source to the few pixels over you want or whatever - and hit "Get Transform"

So now you can play with whatever you need stylistically.... Easing; the timing of the move (10ms? 100ms? 1000? 2865ms? whatever) if there's a delay to the action if you need to program a hotkey for the movement to begin - and you need to make sure that at the bottom, you've selected how you want the movements to happen...

Typically - I use a lot of two positions per source, constantly in motion - so I'll have "Next Move" for "Whatever 1" be "Whatever 2" and on the Whatever 2 filter, I'll put "Whatever 1" on the "Next Move" option.... and you can choose "Move End" on "Next Move On" or "hotkey" if you want to control the timing of the movement....

You can control the way the source moves by using the Curve - whether you want it in a straight line or you want some arced movements - and then play around with the Easing Function - maybe you want that curved arc to bounce or whatever.... I use Sine for most of mine with the constant motion - and Ease In & Out, but occasionally I just want one way if it visually works better...

Simultaneous Move - you want some other filters to spring into action when the movement starts? This is where you do that. "When the left side of my space station door moves 'open', the right side needs to always open too" so I'll have the filters programmed and just program the one filter and put the motion with the Simultaneous Move so I don't have to worry about it anymore.

Okay, gotta ask my question to the Legend. Maybe this post will count as currency!

@Exeldro
Any chance of getting an update where we can pick the Source in the "Move Source" filter as something within a Group? The lack of this as an option forces me to have to do some crazy zooming in/out in OBS after kicking the source I need to move out of the Group....and then if it visually doesn't work anymore because of that, I might have to have 3 or 4 groups, instead of just one.

My super PC is in the shop (4090 fritzed in less than a month) but I'll try to record a short clip or something of what I'm doing with the stuff and why this option should be included.

You are The Best.

_ Peaches