Resource icon

motion-effect 1.2.0

catxfish

catxfish submitted a new resource:

motion-filter - make source animated

The plugin is designed for picture in picture switch animation in the first place , but you can use it for variant effect if you give appropriate settings.

How to Install?
Unzip motion-filter.zip and Put it to the obs-studio installation folder

How to use? (Screenshot in Attached Files)
1.Add a motion filter to a "scene" (It's important, this filter won't work directly with source)
2.Choose a source which you want to animate and give a destination position and scale on...

Read more about this resource...

J Gerstel

This is awesome :-) Will integrate it in "Replay" when somebody scores in the sports event in the next livestream, how:
script that presses hotkeys:
1: save buffer and kick of LUA script to copy file to dir
2: go to new scene with this motion on the Live screen that overlays the Replay screen
3: scale down live screen - now Replay will be played but main live screen is still visible smaller!
4: wait few secs... then scale up live screen, so Replay is hidden behind live again
5: switch back to original live screen

lastzombie

Hello first of all thanks for the filter. Source transition effects are very useful they don't However filters doesn't work well on studio mode. When scene is selected for program changes are not applied until scene transition is made.

swizzlerz

I found a bug. once you have set your initial size small in obs. then set the motion and hotkey. if you spam the hot key it grows and will not revert back to the original size. you will then have to manualy set it in obs to the original. would be great if you could manualy type in the original location so that this never happens and is always forced to revert back to the original location.

swizzlerz

I found a bug. once you have set your initial size small in obs. then set the motion and hotkey. if you spam the hot key it grows and will not revert back to the original size. you will then have to manualy set it in obs to the original. would be great if you could manualy type in the original location so that this never happens and is always forced to revert back to the original location.
This is only an issue when you set the forward and backwards motion to the same hotkey. as I am messing around best to set this up with separate forward and backwards buttons.

Grandy

Hey there, loving the work so far - here's my feedback:

BUGS:
  • If the scene with the motion filter applied is the currently live scene (while in studio mode), attempting to open general Settings will crash. It doesn't crash if it's the scene in the preview window, but does if it is live.
  • Duplicating scenes doesn't properly copy across the sources in the filters for the scene. It switches them all to disabled, so you have to go through each one, re-adding the sources. The hotkeys also don't copy.
  • Using hotkeys to go in/out in quick succession can completely break the position data of the sources in the scene, and it a royal pain in the ass to fix. It needs some safeguards against this happening.
SUGGESTIONS:
  • A "Don't change size" option. Majority of my sources I do not wish to alter the size of during the animation - especially when it comes to text sources.. makes setting movement up rather awkward. I'd like to change what the text is (and in doing so, the size of it), and still have the motion work correctly, but as of right now, you have to pre-define the size of the source at its destination point, meaning text gets squashed or extended during the animation, which I do not want.
I'd love to see this kind of thing implemented into OBS in a similar fashion to how the stinger transition was - it opens the door to some really neat and great looking broadcast features. Like how the unofficial stinger transition plugin was, still rather buggy, I remember it crashing OBS when trying to transition while a transition is currently taking place - similar but different issue here!

I've raised these as issues on the github project.

Last edited:

catxfish

Hey there, loving the work so far - here's my feedback:

BUGS:
  • If the scene with the motion filter applied is the currently live scene (while in studio mode), attempting to open general Settings will crash. It doesn't crash if it's the scene in the preview window, but does if it is live.
  • Duplicating scenes doesn't properly copy across the sources in the filters for the scene. It switches them all to disabled, so you have to go through each one, re-adding the sources. The hotkeys also don't copy.
  • Using hotkeys to go in/out in quick succession can completely break the position data of the sources in the scene, and it a royal pain in the ass to fix. It needs some safeguards against this happening.
SUGGESTIONS:
  • A "Don't change size" option. Majority of my sources I do not wish to alter the size of during the animation - especially when it comes to text sources.. makes setting movement up rather awkward. I'd like to change what the text is (and in doing so, the size of it), and still have the motion work correctly, but as of right now, you have to pre-define the size of the source at its destination point, meaning text gets squashed or extended during the animation, which I do not want.
I'd love to see this kind of thing implemented into OBS in a similar fashion to how the stinger transition was - it opens the door to some really neat and great looking broadcast features. Like how the unofficial stinger transition plugin was, still rather buggy, I remember it crashing OBS when trying to transition while a transition is currently taking place - similar but different issue here!

I've raised these as issues on the github project.

Sorry , I didn't check forum these days , and I'll give an update to fix these bugs .
Thanks for your feedback .

catxfish

catxfish updated motion-filter with a new update entry:

motion-filter 1.0.1

- Now there's two motion filters , "round-trip motion filter" will perform forward& backward animations , "motion filter" perform an one-way animation.
- Add "change scale" option.
- Now you can use this plugin in studio-mode.
- The crash issue when open setting page in studio-mode has been fixed.
- The missing config issue after duplicating scenes has been fixed.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Grandy

Great stuff!
I've added a few extra issues into there - there's still the sizing issue in there but seems harder to reproduce than it was previously - definitely considering adopting this filter in the streams I help run now - not perfect, but much more stable.

xbam

Can you add a feature to add negative values to start position, ie if I want to have something hidden off the screen and then bring it out when I press the hotkey. I can add negative values into Destination but not into Start.

Also, there is a bug where sometimes the source will randomly reset to the values in the scale even if the scale option is not enabled. Ie, if I don't enable the start with given scale option and leave the values at 300 300, sometimes when starting OBS, the source will automatically resize to 300 300.

Grandy

Also, there is a bug where sometimes the source will randomly reset to the values in the scale even if the scale option is not enabled. Ie, if I don't enable the start with given scale option and leave the values at 300 300, sometimes when starting OBS, the source will automatically resize to 300 300.

Aye, I've noticed this as well.
We're in the process of re-doing how we create and configure various types of movement. Hoping to pick up and fix many of these kinds of things in one fell swoop but it'll take a while.

petjo10

Awesome filter!
Is it possible to add a function that autostart the motion-filter when you switch to the scene?
I want to use the motion filter together with the Automatic Scene Switcher plugin.

catxfish

Awesome filter!
Is it possible to add a function that autostart the motion-filter when you switch to the scene?
I want to use the motion filter together with the Automatic Scene Switcher plugin.
This feature is planning. But I recently work on another project , you might need to wait for a while.

Such a great plugin!! I was looking for something like this since 2017. Thank you very much for share your work. Here are some suggestions:

- Acceleration of the animation: so you can set high speed at the start of the motion and then set low speed at the end of the motion.

- Motion effect: The option to set different motion effects, so for example you can set a fade in motion.(fade in, swipe...)

Again, thank you so much for you plugin.

catxfish

Such a great plugin!! I was looking for something like this since 2017. Thank you very much for share your work. Here are some suggestions:

- Acceleration of the animation: so you can set high speed at the start of the motion and then set low speed at the end of the motion.

- Motion effect: The option to set different motion effects, so for example you can set a fade in motion.(fade in, swipe...)

Again, thank you so much for you plugin.

These are good ideas. I have considered acceleration and transparency variation before. But I just have some concerns about if there are too many parameters and too complicated in a filter plugin, so I didn't implement these features in previous versions. I'll try to figure out a better solution. Thanks for your reply and suggestion.

These are good ideas. I have considered acceleration and transparency variation before. But I just have some concerns about if there are too many parameters and too complicated in a filter plugin, so I didn't implement these features in previous versions. I'll try to figure out a better solution. Thanks for your reply and suggestion.

Maybe you can implement an "advance mode" button or something like that, so you can hide complicated features and only advanced users enable those options. Thank you so much for your consideration.