MIDIControl - Control OBS, Soundboard, Twitch chat with MIDI Devices

Free MIDIControl - Control OBS, Soundboard, Twitch chat with MIDI Devices 2.0.1.0

Trando

This really is an amazing program, I've had a blast setting up OBS and soundboards with it over the last month or so. Honestly I've had more fun with this than playing around in games recently.

Couple of nitpick things:

1. Is it possible to have the window open up in the same place upon launch? I've employed every trick I'm familiar with trying to get it to open up in the spot I'd like, but it always opens up in the top left quad of my main monitor. I don't mind moving it, but it would be convenient for it to open where I leave it.

2. LED feedback on the Launchpad is great, but is it possible to incorporate a backlit LED permanance function to better distinguish the individual pads' functions? Similar to how ControlCast works? https://github.com/dbkynd/controlcast

Might be asking a lot, and I'd certainly take a look at the source code myself if I was smart enough to understand code.

Last edited:

Etuldan

bonjour j ai un souci avec control midi pourriez vous m aider merci.En faite je n 'arrive pas a enregistré les scènes que ej met en place tout s'efface a chaque reboot de control midi .Merci de votre aide .
Il faut, une fois tout créé dans MidiControl, sauvegarder le profil en cliquant sur l'icone d'enregistrement (la disquette)

DrMicka

Bonjour,
I don't know if you understand french, so tell to me if it is a problem.
Vous avez construit un logiciel tellement utile pour le stream avec les fonctions de OBS, chat, soundboard,.. je trouve ça merveilleux. J'ai un micro Elgato avec le logiciel waveLink.
J'ai vu qu'on peut controler goXLR donc wave link avec des boutons mais impossible de le faire avec les slider, pensez vous que cela est possible ?
Ainsi dans la partie slide on aurait un onglet OBS et un onglet XLR ?

Merci d'avance de votre réponse

Paul G

I made the mistake of upgrading OBS to v28. Broke plugins so I reverted back to 27. I had to reinstall web-socket manually - the last 2 versions just in case. Also dropped back to MIDIControl v 1.9.2.0 - both IPs set to web-socket's "best guess" - doesn't connect - OBS and Next Icon are red. Midi Icon is Black.

THE R3Y3S

Is there a possibility to control light of the device? So i can give a different light to divide for example obs scene buttons, sounds button etc

For example i tried this old projet: github.com/dbkynd/controlcast and worked good for lights, but not compatible with my mk2 buttons and has less features. But i think can be a good start to take info to control lights.

Last edited:

Paul G

I made the mistake of upgrading OBS to v28. Broke plugins so I reverted back to 27. I had to reinstall web-socket manually - the last 2 versions just in case. Also dropped back to MIDIControl v 1.9.2.0 - both IPs set to web-socket's "best guess" - doesn't connect - OBS and Next Icon are red. Midi Icon is Black.
Got ASIO working in v28 so upgraded to FMC 2.0 again. Icon disappears when I try to open interface from Taskbar (Crashes) Will 1.9.2 work with v28?

NorrinRadd22

I am missing something along the way, but I can't get MIDIControl to connect with OBS at all. I can sign it in to Twitch, and the MIDI controller is recognized. But nothing seems to let the app talk with OBS. Any ideas?

MsM

Hello, until the update it worked for me with an AKAI LPD8; but now, despite connecting between the program and the LPD8, it does not recognize the orders.
Any idea why it could be?
Thank you

tpbee

Same issue - used to work beautifully with Maudio Trigger Finger, now3 crashes and wont connect at all with OBS28 and version 2.0
Any ideas gratefully received.

Mundays

Currently MidiControl connects to OBS, will utilize the midi commands for transitions, and then after about 10-15 seconds seems to just timeout or disconnect randomly. Using a Korg NanoKontrol2 but I imagine that doesn't effect the Midicontrol/OBS connection.

I'm on 28.0.3 at the moment.

pantrybarn

I'm having the same problems as everyone else. After the update it doesn't connect to OBS. I tried to downgrade both OBS and MidiControl and everything is broken. Looks like there's no support.