MIDIControl - Control OBS, Soundboard, Twitch chat with MIDI Devices

Free MIDIControl - Control OBS, Soundboard, Twitch chat with MIDI Devices 2.0.1.0

Meldj

Making slow progress. I've now got the plugin to pick up the Audio Monitor settings and adjust them. However, the volume moves in jumps and not as you would expect on a slider i.e. the slider seems to only be able to set one of 3 values depending on its position - 0% volume, 78.73% volume and 100% - There are no inbetween values.

Etuldan

To add to the above - I'm using non-native plugin called 'Audio Monitor' - The audio monitor filer appears in the 'adjust filter' section first drop down, but there are no settings showing in the second drop down as per below. Any ideas?View attachment 76129
could you drop here the link to the non-native plugin ? So I can check (hopefully tomorrow)

Meldj

@Etuldan had an interesting find. The source I was referring to earlier that was jumping from 0 to 78.3 to 100 was Spotify which is coming in via Virtual Audio Cable as a Mic/Auxiliary device in OBS' global audio settings. I tried a similar bind on Discord which is routed in the same way and it works perfectly for Discord.

I went into the filterminmax CSV file and changed the min max from 0,100 to 0,10. This made the slider work perfectly for Spotify (a smooth slide from 0% to 100%), but capped Discord maximum at 10%.

Will continue investigating

Meldj

Okay lots of testing done, this is the best breakdown I can give - hope it helps.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Have 2 distinct audio inputs in OBS e.g. Spotify + Discord
1634425278785.png

2. Add the "Audio Monitor" plugin filter to each of these 2 inputs, named distinctly -- e.g SpotifyAudioMonitor, DiscordAudioMonitor
3. In MIDIControl, Add the keybind for a midi trigger (im using a slider for each keybind) - assign this to the first distinctly named input's filter (e.g "SpotifyAudioMonitor")
4. Confirm and save
5. In MIDIControl, Add the keybind for *the second* midi trigger - assign this to the *second* obs audio input (e.g "DiscordAudioMonitor")
6. Confirm and save

Expected:
Changing the 2 mapped sliders on my hardware midi controller send values from 0-100 accurately to their mapped counterpart as per MIDIControl plugin

Actual Behaviour:
Changing the slider mapped to "DiscordAudioMonitor" sends values from 0-100 correctly.
Changing the slider mapped to "SpotifyAudioMonitor" sends values from 0-10000 --- Incorrectly.

Example request from OBS logs:
[obs-websocket] Request >> '{
23:04:24.984: "request-type": "SetSourceFilterSettings",
23:04:24.984: "sourceName": "Spotify",
23:04:24.984: "filterName": "Spotify Audio Monitor",
23:04:24.984: "filterSettings": {
23:04:24.984: "volume": 7244.09473
23:04:24.984: },

Examples of the same request for "Discord" cap at 100 as expected.

Modifying the filterminmax.csv to have a smaller range e.g 0,10 corrects the values for Spotify but then makes it impossible to reach 100% on discord.

Towelie006

I have been messing around with this plug-in/App combination for about a day now. Once I figured out I had to type "audio_monitor.volume" and add "0" - "100" into the .csv file, I was able to get MIDI Control to sweep the Audio Monitor filter really smoothly. Smoother than it works with normal volume control with Input Audio Caps.

The issue is, it only works once.

I have many Audio Monitor Filters running on multiple inputs to eliminate a need for Voicemeeter as it doesn't play nicely with high end mixers.

When I program the next MIDI event for the next Audio Monitor filter, it works...but it is the infamous 0-78-100 structure, and only works in the first 10% of the fader or knob's usable sweep. I have tried adding another entry to the .csv file. I've tried typing the matching name to the filter in OBS. I just can't get a second fader to work as well as the first.

Unfortunately Meldj's post from last month is basically all Greek to me, but sounds like something similar to what I am experiencing. The potential is there...I wish I knew coding and could help find a solution.

All help is appreciated.

GoingSunny

This would be perfect for me if it worked with my Behringer FCB1010. The pedal board outputs midi controls that are not single notes but instead program change signals.

Right now I have to use a Midi to Hotkey work around and a different bot to execute OBS and other controls.

If you could expand the inputs from just single midi notes to program change and other midi commands I and a few other streamers I know that use this board would really appreciate it.

Right now every button I push on the board sends the same "note" to the software, but in my midi hotkey software I can see the full midi signal.

Etuldan

This would be perfect for me if it worked with my Behringer FCB1010. The pedal board outputs midi controls that are not single notes but instead program change signals.

Right now I have to use a Midi to Hotkey work around and a different bot to execute OBS and other controls.

If you could expand the inputs from just single midi notes to program change and other midi commands I and a few other streamers I know that use this board would really appreciate it.

Right now every button I push on the board sends the same "note" to the software, but in my midi hotkey software I can see the full midi signal.
Hi,
Could you send me the midi exchanges ( http://www.midiox.com/ could help you to intercept them) received by your computer on a single press on your pedal board ?

ABbrodcasting

Hey, just starting using this and I'm loving it so far! How does the Hotkey option work? Could I use it to setup instant replay? If not is there any other way to go about this, can't seem to figure it out.
Thanks!

Etuldan

Hey, just starting using this and I'm loving it so far! How does the Hotkey option work? Could I use it to setup instant replay? If not is there any other way to go about this, can't seem to figure it out.
Thanks!
In the OBS section, in the misc dropdown, there is the "Save Record" option that should save your current Record Buffer.
If you wanna replay on your stream your recorded buffer, then it depends on your plugin, I don't think there is a builtin feature in OBS for that.

OSBooter

So I have a very selfish request, to add novation launchkey mk1/mk2 LED support. The difference from a launchpad is it needs the program to send a midi trigger to enable the mode. Sending a "900C7F" to MIDIOUT2 (the secondary midi in) to activate the controller's LED feedback listening. I don't know if it is easy or not, but it would be pretty neat. After which it LED on would be triggered like the launchpad, for example "604F" being the first pad "60" red "4F" on and "6000" being the first pad "60" off "00" . not sure if it's applicable. for reference https://www.partsnotincluded.com/how-to-control-the-leds-on-a-novation-launchkey-mini-ii/ , willing to help test it as well of course. midi codes I tested on MIDIKey2Key

LaughterOnWater

This sounds like a great plugin. I could not make this work with my LaunchKey Mini MK3. If someone has a link to a recipe for making this work, or a video specific to the LaunchKey Mini MK3, I'd be grateful. Cheers!

RustinPlays

Whenever i click the Login button for Twitch, it gives me the pop up saying "click here to redirect if nothing comes up, blah blah" but nothing ever pops up, even when I do click that. how can I fix it?

OSBooter

So I have a very selfish request, to add novation launchkey mk1/mk2 LED support. The difference from a launchpad is it needs the program to send a midi trigger to enable the mode. Sending a "900C7F" to MIDIOUT2 (the secondary midi in) to activate the controller's LED feedback listening. I don't know if it is easy or not, but it would be pretty neat. After which it LED on would be triggered like the launchpad, for example "604F" being the first pad "60" red "4F" on and "6000" being the first pad "60" off "00" . not sure if it's applicable. for reference https://www.partsnotincluded.com/how-to-control-the-leds-on-a-novation-launchkey-mini-ii/ , willing to help test it as well of course. midi codes I tested on MIDIKey2Key
So I had the time so I just made it . I'm glad I saw the github.

LaughterOnWater

I've attempted to install this plugin again today. I even tried an older version wondering if there was something else causing problems.

My setup (assume latest versions)
Win10
32GB RAM
Dual SSD, Plenty Storage
OBS with lots of plugins
MIDIControl installed.
loopMIDI installed.
Cubase Pro 11
Studio One 5
Ableton Live 11 Lite
Lots of Cubase Plugins, Sounds, Etc.
I bring the music software because I do use my MIDI keyboard for other stuff when I'm not on OBS.
If I could use the MIDIControl interface for other software, that's great too.

Is there a more remedial recipe for making this work? Possibly a video? I see a lot of videos for obs-midi, which is still in alpha and doesn't seem quite ready yet.

I've installed MidiControl and loopMidi.
There is nothing in loopMidi. What do I add? Is this integral to making this tool work with OBS?
I've started MIDIControl after opening OBS.
None of my scenes or other settings are available in the pulldown menus. Is that normal?
In your overview post, the name of the midi keyboard appears in green next to the midi icon. I don't see that. Is that normal?
When I tap keys on my Novation LaunchKey Mini III, they show up in the "Midi Device", "Channel" and "Note" segments.
I can add a keybind with no checked boxes and nothing set. I can't modify it.
If I check any box for a new keybind, I can't add it.

I'm obviously missing something, or doing something wrong.

I'd be grateful for suggestions about how to get this going.

Cheers!

Chris

midicontrol.png