MIDIControl - Control OBS, Soundboard, Twitch chat with MIDI Devices

Free MIDIControl - Control OBS, Soundboard, Twitch chat with MIDI Devices 2.0.1.0

jon_the_id

Hi - I am trying to get this working with a Zoom r24. Buttons ang jog wheel works but it totally ignores all the faders.
Here's a midi map of the R24. Why do you think it ignores my faders?
Thanks
Jon

Attachments

• R24 Midi Controller Map.pdf
    120.6 KB · Views: 97

Etuldan

Hi - I am trying to get this working with a Zoom r24. Buttons ang jog wheel works but it totally ignores all the faders.
Here's a midi map of the R24. Why do you think it ignores my faders?
Thanks
Jon
Event "Pitch Bend" is not actually handled by MIDIControl.
I'll try to do it in a future release.

Thanks you so much for your bug report and the documentation of your device !

jon_the_id

Thanks Etuldan, very much appreciated.
Note my device also sends all the faders on different channels, just to make life more fun!
Jon

Etuldan

Hi Etuldan, can MIDIControl connect to local MIDI software devices? For example, I am trying to connect it to VMPK but in the MIDIControl UI it is not possible to add it as a MIDI Device.
All MIDI device are supported.
Be sure to close all other app that listen to your MIDI device before starting MIDI Control, as MIDI event are exclusive.

By default, MIDI Control listen on every device available. There is no need to add it as configuration.
Simply add a new keybind, press your key, setup the action, and voila !

If you wanna blacklist a device, you can in options.

fireguy

Awesome Plug-in!!
I know someone suggested it a few pages back, but it would be great if there was a setting to delay the MIDI control for X number of milliseconds. We use OBS to live stream from a separate computer and audio feed. the MIDIControl activates the OBS scene faster than the source computer can transition. There is no way to delay the midi note on the source computer so having a way to add a delay in MIDIControl would be extremely helpful.

Thanks!

countdooku

This is really slick! I like how websocket doesn't crash OBS if there is a glitch vs using a plugin.

Would it be possible to add an option to set a scene to the preview screen instead of directly to program? This way another button could be used for transition which you already have.

countdooku

I just realized Transition just sets the current transition type and duration. Is there a way to add a button that transitions the current preview to program in studio mode? This is the button I'm using most often.

ZING22

All MIDI device are supported.
Be sure to close all other app that listen to your MIDI device before starting MIDI Control, as MIDI event are exclusive.

By default, MIDI Control listen on every device available. There is no need to add it as configuration.
Simply add a new keybind, press your key, setup the action, and voila !

If you wanna blacklist a device, you can in options.
Thanks!

Etuldan

This is really cool! Been looking for something like this.

One thing that would really help me is the ability to delay the MIDI messages. Use case: say you're live streaming a concert, and you have a backing track playing in your DAW, and a MIDI track to control scene changes in time with the music. If your cameras have a delay of maybe 2 seconds (not unreasonable with HDMI capture cards), you would need the audio and MIDI to be delayed to match it. Audio is easy, that can be delayed in OBS, but not the scene changes. I managed to get it working by running the MIDI through MIDI-OX and delay them there, but it would be nice if it was all in the same software.

Anyway, keep up the great work!
Awesome Plug-in!!
I know someone suggested it a few pages back, but it would be great if there was a setting to delay the MIDI control for X number of milliseconds. We use OBS to live stream from a separate computer and audio feed. the MIDIControl activates the OBS scene faster than the source computer can transition. There is no way to delay the midi note on the source computer so having a way to add a delay in MIDIControl would be extremely helpful.

Thanks!
Enjoy for delay (only for OBS, not for Soundboard ATM) feature !

jakobmiller

Are there plans to add preview scenes as an option? Would love to be able to on keypress down go to preview and on release to transition the preview. This would solve the scene loading delay when you want to cut from one scene to another without a transition.

vulgerrity

I can't get this to work. It throws an exception every time I try to add a source/control

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
OBSWebsocketDotNet.ErrorResponseException: specified source doesn't exist
   at OBSWebsocketDotNet.OBSWebsocket.SendRequest(String requestType, JObject additionalFields)
   at OBSWebsocketDotNet.OBSWebsocket.GetSourceFilters(String sourceName)
   at MidiControl.OBSControl.GetFilters()
   at MidiControl.EntryGUI.InitControls()
   at MidiControl.EntryGUI..ctor()
   at MidiControl.MIDIControlGUI.Add_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4250.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
MIDIControl
    Assembly Version: 1.3.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.3.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/MIDIControl/MidiControl.exe
System
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4200.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4220.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
Newtonsoft.Json
    Assembly Version: 12.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 12.0.3.23909
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/MIDIControl/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
NAudio
    Assembly Version: 1.10.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.10.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/MIDIControl/NAudio.DLL
obs-websocket-dotnet
    Assembly Version: 4.2.0.3
    Win32 Version: 4.2.0.3
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/MIDIControl/obs-websocket-dotnet.DLL
websocket-sharp
    Assembly Version: 1.0.2.59611
    Win32 Version: 1.0.2.59611
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/MIDIControl/websocket-sharp.DLL
CheckComboBox
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/MIDIControl/CheckComboBox.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

pmusic

Hi,
I would love to use this plugin, but I am a little confused with the setup process. I feel I am missing something...

I installed on 2 different machines (both with a MIDI interface connected) running Win 10 64bit.
I also installed Microsoft .NET Framework and obs-websocket (latest versions) before starting this plugin.
My OBS version is 26.0.2 (64 bit).

The plugin is able to properly connect to OBS, but when I try to add any MIDI Keybind I have the following situation and absolutely no way whatsoever to pick the MIDI interface, let alone to set (or learn I guess) the midi channel and note. Those areas are simply grayed out.

Am I missing something?

Hope you can help me. Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• MIDIcontrol-plugin-problem.jpg
    MIDIcontrol-plugin-problem.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 60

RichardR

Fantastic software - thank you. One question:
Is there anyway to export/import the configuration so that it can be replicated on another OBS machine/controller setup?
Sorry if this is an obvious question - I have looked but can't find anything. I have a perfect setup on my test rig using an Akai LPD8, and now want to transfer this over to the live stream PC.
Many thanks again for such a useful piece of software.

RichardR

Found the file - I knew it had to be somewhere obvious :-)
For the benefit of anyone else searching its in the folder
C:\Users\<uname>\AppData\Roaming\MIDIControl
keybinds.json is the MIDI control bindings I wanted to transfer from one machine to the other
options.json is the other settings.

pmusic

Have you tried hitting the note on your midi device? Those greyed out bits automatically populate with the last received midi note.

THANK YOU! You saved me. I was already sending the MIDI data to another device and I was having problems with that specific device for other reasons, therefore those greyed out bits were not populating with any MIDI note. Also, I was confused by the greyed out field and I did not realise that the plug in was already in "learning" mode while adding the entries, and automatically adding the MIDI interface and the last received note.
Once I tested the plug-in with another MIDI interface and without any other MIDI device in the way, everything worked smoothly.
My apologies for missing this part of the setup and thank you so much for your help. This plug-in really rocks! Thank you!

I'm having a new issue, not sure if it's from a recent update, but when using a keyboard binding that has both a transition and scene change, the transition is now being sent slightly after the scene change - ie if OBS is set to cut, and you trigger a "Slow Fade to Scene 2" cue, it hard cuts to Scene 2, and changes the transition to slow fade. SO yes, the next transition will slow fade, but not the one that was supposed to trigger with it.