Resource icon

Free MIDIControl - Control OBS (and SoundBoard) with MIDI Input 1.3.0.0

MIDIControl is an external software (Windows Only), to remote control OBS with any MIDI device.
Switch scene, show/hide source, mute/unmute any scene/source, show/hide filter, ... with a MIDI device.
1596878133100.png

Also, you can play any local audio file (like a soundboard)
1590766321400.png

1596878165400.png

If you have an Android device, you can setup it as a MIDI device, for example with DJ PADS (if your device supports MIDI)

In order to be able to use your MIDI device by any other sofware, MIDIControl can forward all MIDI events to another MIDI interface. ( LoopBe1 to have a virtual loopback MIDI interface)

Install .NET 4.7.2 redistributable.
Install & enable obs-websocket.
Author
Etuldan
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.60 star(s) 5 ratings

More resources from Etuldan

Latest updates

1. Delay & Transition Duration

Delay between MIDI event and OBS action can now be setup in Options. Additionally, you can now...
  2. Start/Stop Steam/Record

Ability to start/stop/toggle streaming/recording on OBS. Feature is under the checkbox "Misc" on...
  3. Keybind for Stop All Sounds

You can now set a MIDI Keybind to Stop All Sounds.

Latest reviews

Setup was only slightly confusing, but I figured it out pretty quick, was instantly blows away at its accuracy and ease. Better than the other plugin I tried which did nothing but slow OBS down to .5fps somehow. But, I unplugged my midi controller and since then I cant get the plugin to respond to it. Still going to try to get it working, might have to do a reinstall but we'll see. Was great when it worked! Only thing I dont like is that you cant change the channel once its set, its uneditable, meaning I have to delete whatever I mapped and re map it. Other than that its 5⭐
Not only does this give us an interface to repeat all MIDI events through a multi-MIDI driver like LoopBe1 but it gives direct control to OBS via websocket which I love.. It's very clean. Honestly this could be expanded into a very capable global MIDI control hub. Great work. One thing I noticed is that the new start/stop/toggle stream record function requires a double message to activate in OBS. So in otherwords, I need to press my button twice to either stop or start recording function. Not sure if others are having this issue. I don't have any such issues with mute toggle, etc...
Works very well! I've tried all of the other midi plugins for obs and this works the easiest and best. Thanks.
I still need to use another program (MidiKey2Key) to activate computer keyboard "hotkeys" using midi. If this plugin had a way to either send a computer keystroke combination or even better, enable access to the same list of hotkeys dynamically listed in OBS, that would enable it to trigger all OBS functions and 3rd party plugins like ReplaySource, for example which control Speed, Direction, or any of the other controls available in this or other plugins that show up in OBS's dynamic hotkey-list.

One other possibly more complicated enhancement might be to enable midi SysEx messages to be captured as well. Right now, I use BOME midi translator to receive SysEx and then convert to midi CC messages to send to this plugin...
Etuldan
Etuldan
A MIDI to Keystroke feature could be a good idea indeed.

About SysEx, MIDIControl uses NAudio lib to intercept MIDI Event.
As stated here https://github.com/naudio/NAudio/issues/186 , there is no plan to receive SysEx. And I don't plan to switch from NAudio lib to another one.
Great so far, would be great to start and stop streaming and recording, otherwise its the best.
Etuldan
Etuldan
With current updated version, you can ! Enjoy :)