MIDIControl - Control OBS, Soundboard, Twitch chat with MIDI Devices

Free MIDIControl - Control OBS, Soundboard, Twitch chat with MIDI Devices 2.0.1.0

GATonTRAX

Would it be possible to add a field that would input a combination of keyboard strokes as well? I know this is the main function of midikey2key, but i love your program and using both programs doesn't work well in my attempts.
For example, 1 midi button to trigger the combination keyboard strokes "alt" + "÷".

Tony_PJs

Small bug report: When renaming an item in OBS that was bound to a command on the software(MIDIControl) seems to throw out an Unhandled exception when trying to edit a command and will keep happening until the variable of the item name is changed to what the one in OBS is set as, through closing OBS and removing the name or through the "keybinds.json" file in the \AppData\Roaming\MIDIControl folder
Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: value out of range
Parameter name: index
   at CheckComboBoxTest.CheckedComboBox.SetItemChecked(Int32 index, Boolean isChecked)
   at MidiControl.EntryGUI..ctor(String name, KeyBindEntry keybind)
   at MidiControl.MIDIControlGUI.EditEntry_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4250.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
MIDIControl
    Assembly Version: 1.2.5.0
    Win32 Version: 1.2.5.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/MIDIControl/MidiControl.exe
System
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4200.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4270.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Newtonsoft.Json
    Assembly Version: 12.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 12.0.3.23909
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/MIDIControl/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4250.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
NAudio
    Assembly Version: 1.10.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.10.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/MIDIControl/NAudio.DLL
obs-websocket-dotnet
    Assembly Version: 4.2.0.3
    Win32 Version: 4.2.0.3
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/MIDIControl/obs-websocket-dotnet.DLL
websocket-sharp
    Assembly Version: 1.0.2.59611
    Win32 Version: 1.0.2.59611
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/MIDIControl/websocket-sharp.DLL
CheckComboBox
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/MIDIControl/CheckComboBox.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

mub

It worked the first time I set it up with my MPD218 but the next time I launched Midi Contoller it no longer detects the inputs from the midi device. My MPD218 works fine in other apps so its not a hardware issue. The MPD218 is listed as an option in the OBS Midi Contoller settings so it obviously detects the device it just doesn't see the inputs.

I've tried changing the program modes on the mpd218 with no luck.

Rolling back to v1.2.5 also didn't work.

Anyone else had this issue or know what is up?

EdK

Hello!
I'm a first time user of MIDIControl. Was looking for an alternative to the OBS-Midi plug-in as it has several bugs and not reliable.
MIDIControl looks very interesting however I am quite confused how to set it up.
Here is my situation:
I have a program called Multiplay (it's the PC equivalent of QLABS for Mac). Multiplay can send MIDI commands. As I mentioned, I was using OBS-Midi plug-in to control Scene changes in OBS from Multiplayy. Other than the several bugs in OBS-Midi, it works as intended.
In Multiplay, my output MIDI device is Loopbe1.

As another user mentioned in an earlier post, in the MIDI Keybind window, the MIDI Device, Channel, etc are grayed out. You mentioned that it would be populated when receiving a MIDI command.
I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I don't know what.

I am sending Control Change commands on Channel 1 from Multiplay but it seems MIDIControl doesn't see the commands and I'm stumped to determine what the issue is.

In the MIDI Keybind screenshots you have documented, it appears that MIDIControl may only recognize NOTE ON/OFF commands? Is that correct?

Do you have any more detailed documentation than just the screenshots?

Thanks! EdK

oliveramays

This is definitely an interesting and useful addon for OBS.

I hope this can get more functions soon to enable much more advanced Midi controls.

Under the "On slider change" section, is it possible to add things like adjusting variables within filters or adjusting the sizing and position of sources? Sometimes it's very handy to be able to adjust the zoom, X and Y position of a layer during a stream, doable with encoder wheels on some midi controllers which I guess appear the same as sliders? I don't see anything in the websocket documentation that suggests this is possible though?

Is media playback possible to add too? A lot of midi controllers have media buttons and it would be awesome to be able to control video playback on OBS. I'm not entirely sure how much is possible via the websocket but media controls seems possible.

Axel Doorman

Love the plugin! The only thing I can not find is a way to link, for example, a fader on the controller (in my case the crossfader) to the transition knob (the one in the middle when in studiomode). Is this possible? Thanks in advance.

SG369

Hi,
I need some help. I've instaled MIDI control and when I used it for the first time it worked. I've instaled the letest version of OBS studio and also websocket. I've set the MIDI device to my AKAI LPD8 and it worked.
After reseting the program I can't get the MIDI control get any data from my MIDI device. I've tried to uninstall MIDI control and install it again but it didn't solve the problem.
On my computer I have instaled also MIDIKey2Key that I was using until now and it alweys worked fine. But I'm not runing it at the moment nor any other program that is using MIDI devices.
And yes, I've also reseted my computer. It didn't help.
Can anyone help me please. The program looks promising if I get it to work.

Croniac

PERFECT, Thank you for this.

Was trying to work with OBS-Midi, but I think that project is abandoned. It was working but crashy.

Tried Midi2Key, and it just wasn't getting it done.

So happy to find something that just does what it says it does. Took me a few ticks to get it all talking, but its rock solid and just works. So happy.

SG369

It worked the first time I set it up with my MPD218 but the next time I launched Midi Contoller it no longer detects the inputs from the midi device. My MPD218 works fine in other apps so its not a hardware issue. The MPD218 is listed as an option in the OBS Midi Contoller settings so it obviously detects the device it just doesn't see the inputs.

I've tried changing the program modes on the mpd218 with no luck.

Rolling back to v1.2.5 also didn't work.

Anyone else had this issue or know what is up?

I have the same issue. Did you manage to solve the problem? I also need help with this. Until then I'm using MidiKey2Key.

SG369

Hi,
I need some help. I've instaled MIDI control and when I used it for the first time it worked. I've instaled the letest version of OBS studio and also websocket. I've set the MIDI device to my AKAI LPD8 and it worked.
After reseting the program I can't get the MIDI control get any data from my MIDI device. I've tried to uninstall MIDI control and install it again but it didn't solve the problem.
On my computer I have instaled also MIDIKey2Key that I was using until now and it alweys worked fine. But I'm not runing it at the moment nor any other program that is using MIDI devices.
And yes, I've also reseted my computer. It didn't help.
Can anyone help me please. The program looks promising if I get it to work.

Here is the solution that worked for me: https://youtu.be/iThAu40tKYA

EdK

To me, the solution is like a 'work around'. Perhaps that is the way it was designed to work. I think having some written documentation from installation to configuration would be more helpful than just screenshots and video's.

Paul G

I've been using OBS-Midi and would like to check out this plugin. Are there any video tutorials on setting it up? Does the exe install everything I need if my usb midi keyboard is plugged into the PC

Etuldan

To me, the solution is like a 'work around'. Perhaps that is the way it was designed to work. I think having some written documentation from installation to configuration would be more helpful than just screenshots and video's.
It works as intended, by default, MIDI Control will listen on every MIDI device. Is you add a device in the "ignore list", it will obviously ignore this device.

Etuldan

Make sure to untick your device in the Ignore list in MIDIControl. ("MIDI interface to ignore")