voxsinistra

I've tried every combination of settings and read all the forum posts I can here to troubleshoot, but I am totally stumped.

Here is the last log file of the OBS recording that was going well for a few minutes around 5-10% CPU usage but this will happen for a bit and then the recording suddenly has CPU surges to 20-50%, causing dropped frames below 30. Usually they continue for a minute and then the CPU gradually goes back down to normal, but the recording is useless. I have done many recordings with these settings on my computer before and never had issues. I am not a gamer and am recording DJ sets with multiple sources - audio, background vid, video of me, logo and border. Nothing in my video filter settings is different than what I've used before successfully on these settings. I'm running it as admin and even changed the priority to "high" in my computer settings.

My computer itself has had some issues recently with overheating, and about two months ago it had a squealing, unhappy and dusty fan. I cleaned it thoroughly and bought an external fan as well, and it was working a lot better - recently it was again having issues with the fan and I cleaned it again, which again seemed to improve its performance. All other elements of the computer are working just fine, the performance is fast and nothing is overheating. Could it be an issue with my system? Or is something in this log more telling with OBS settings? I recently updated both OBS and Windows as well. I have done several logs and watched my system task resource usage, and it appears the problem is with GPU being maxed out, but I have recorded many videos with these quality settings in the past, including since the first occurrence of overheating. With the CPU being so low, what could the options be for the sudden CPU surges? I have tried using software encoding to no avail (the CPU is much higher overall and still this happens) and this problem also occurs when I try to lower the resolution to 720p.

Last edited: