Lags on recorded video (not on the content I am recording)

Bohdander

Hello everyone, many of my videos recorded in OBS have been experiencing lags lately. Sometimes the video was recorded without lags; sometimes half of the video was smooth, and the other half was not. I set a higher priority (higher than normal), and it got a little better, but the problem didn't disappear.

Please help me solve this problem!

I've attached the Log File of the session where there were lags in the recorded video.

Log File: https://obsproject.com/logs/TS3PloFmhJydByAO

koala

You seem to record to a H: drive. In case this is an external drive connected with USB, switch to an internal drive for recording. External drives are usually not write cached, and this might lead to issues with OBS while writing long continuous data streams.
Your log contains a short 10 second recording with no issues. Settings seem fine, even conservative (only 30 fps). No lost frames logged. Either this is the wrong logfile, or there are no issues with OBS. Try a different media player, for example vlc. The Windows integrated media playback often doesn't work well.

Bohdander

You seem to record to a H: drive. In case this is an external drive connected with USB, switch to an internal drive for recording. External drives are usually not write cached, and this might lead to issues with OBS while writing long continuous data streams.
Your log contains a short 10 second recording with no issues. Settings seem fine, even conservative (only 30 fps). No lost frames logged. Either this is the wrong logfile, or there are no issues with OBS. Try a different media player, for example vlc. The Windows integrated media playback often doesn't work well.
H: drive is HDD. I'll already tried VLC and I can still see the lags.
Just now I've recorded few videos and in the videos named "2024-04-08 16-06-23", "2024-04-08 16-16-43" and "2024-04-08 16-18-02" there was frame drops.

Log File: https://obsproject.com/logs/cLFtGRDOkxeOJ5Xj

Bohdander

UPD. Another Log File with lags on two videos: https://obsproject.com/logs/jLh4g2M8sOKqYOCf

rockbottom

HAGS is enabled in the last log, that should be disabled. There are also a couple of Scenes that have multiple Game/Window Captures, only 1 per to avoid interference. Your recordings will always stutter with the monitor @ 75HZ, run it @ 60 when using OBS.

Audio lagging here:
13:42:32.151: Max audio buffering reached!
13:42:32.151: adding 917 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 960 milliseconds (source: Устройство воспроизведения)

Bohdander

HAGS is enabled in the last log, that should be disabled. There are also a couple of Scenes that have multiple Game/Window Captures, only 1 per to avoid interference. Your recordings will always stutter with the monitor @ 75HZ, run it @ 60 when using OBS.

Audio lagging here:
13:42:32.151: Max audio buffering reached!
13:42:32.151: adding 917 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 960 milliseconds (source: Устройство воспроизведения)
Thank you for the answer! So I need to change the monitor refresh rate to 60 when using OBS? I'm recording a video on the scene where I've left only a screen capture. Will the other scenes with other captures affect the recording?

rockbottom

See how it goes. Hopefully that audio lag clears up with HAGS disabled. If you're still seeing it happen, I think it may be from the Nvidia NR filters. They're set but not being used as the app is not installed.

13:40:58.209: [noise suppress: 'Подавлення шуму'] NVAFX redist is not installed.
13:40:58.211: [Loaded global audio device]: 'Mic/Aux'
13:40:58.211: - filter: 'Подавлення шуму' (noise_suppress_filter_v2)
13:40:58.211: - filter: 'Пороговий шумопонижувач' (noise_gate_filter)
13:40:58.211: - filter: 'Компресор' (compressor_filter)

Bohdander

See how it goes. Hopefully that audio lag clears up with HAGS disabled. If you're still seeing it happen, I think it may be from the Nvidia NR filters. They're set but not being used as the app is not installed.

13:40:58.209: [noise suppress: 'Подавлення шуму'] NVAFX redist is not installed.
13:40:58.211: [Loaded global audio device]: 'Mic/Aux'
13:40:58.211: - filter: 'Подавлення шуму' (noise_suppress_filter_v2)
13:40:58.211: - filter: 'Пороговий шумопонижувач' (noise_gate_filter)
13:40:58.211: - filter: 'Компресор' (compressor_filter)
Thank you!