input sensitivity settings like in discord

lavanlin

Hi everyone. There are already a lot of questions about sound settings on this forum, but I still haven't found an answer to my problem.

How can I use default audio filters or third-party plugins to make sure that only my voice is picked up? Noise suppression (RNNoise) does a great job of removing keyboard, computer mouse and street sounds, but it doesn't muffle the sounds of other people's voices at all. Discord, for example, has "input sensitivity" (not a krisp function) which can be used to cut off any voices except your own. I have a lot of plugins, watched a bunch of videos on how to set up sound in OBS, tried customizing it for myself, but nothing works.

Plus, I'm a woman with a high voice so most settings from other people don't work with my voice correctly. BUT discord doesn't have this problem and it works fine, so it should be possible for OBS too. How to remove or make quieter low frequencies, leaving only high ones (the frequencies of my voice)?

I use translator, sorry for mistakes. And thank you for your help :)

Suslik V

You may find some useful info in these threads ("RNNoise noise remover", VST, "de-esser", "de-click" etc, no guaranty that old solutions still works, but you may try it):

But maybe you just need mic screen and more sound isolation to your room (+ soundproofing panels to reduce bouncing).