Input Overlay

Input Overlay v5.0.5

Dan_The_Noob

Hey guys,
So I have been using this overlay and with the dualsense controller it works perfectly fine, but i setup a second overlay for the Hyperkin Xenon (Xinput controller) and the overlay doesn't respond at all.
if i select the dualsense with the xbox overlay it responds, so the overlay itself is working but just wont detect Xinput at all.

tautologias345

On the QWERTY preset, there isn't the arrow keys. My preset is very bad, so what can I create the arrow keys preset for Input Overlay?

Attachments

• arrows.zip
    34.7 KB · Views: 55

purple moon

Feels great to struggle for something as simple of having this in azerty

Haven't tested it yet but it seems like a really good plugin

(the first is sarcasm not the second)

motor59

Hi all! Please help with solution how to highlight sticks in gamepad skin?
Stick change color only when they are pressed, but not moved.
I ask about how to change sticks color when stick are moving?
Thanks!

tempaccslime

Hey everyone!
I'm trying to run two instances of OBS so i can use one layout for streaming and one for replay buffer. In the first instance the mouse direction arrow pointer and all inputs work just fine but in the second instance of OBS none of the inputs are shown. So far I've tried using different profiles, different scenes different sources, different folder locations, different names for the .json files and all these together. Is it possible to run two instances of OBS where both instances have a working input overlay and if so how would I manage that?
Thanks!

Durrn

Unsure how to fix this but it seems my mouse arrow is locked moving right even when not moving. The result is it tries to snap to that direction constantly and spasms when I move it in other directions. This happens for all settings of sensitivity and deadzone, as well as in fullscreen applications, windows or display captures without anything interfering with the mouse. This does not happen with the dot version of the default mouse presets.

aresaurio

Hello, is there a way to use old .ini files of the ps4 controller on the new version of the plugin? I tried using the converter that universal share on github but it says it only works with keyboard layouts.
I specifically want to use the dualshock4 from the 4.7.4b version of the input overlay on the newest one

ichbinsisyphos

The arrow always points somewhere, it doesn't disappear when you stop moving your mouse. If you don't use the "Use monitor center" option it's also fairly inaccurate.
Is there any way around this? Could it point in the last know direction instead of to the right? Or maybe poll the direction less frequently? Or an y other way to not have the arrow spasm around on screen?

univrsal

Oh and would there be a way I can change the ALT to Capslock and swap its position with shift?
I use Caps as duck
I should be able to handle the Image if you provide the Font details :)
You'd have to edit the texture and then the preset with the config editor. The *.psd files for the wasd overlay are here:
The config editor is here
Tutorial on how to use it:

Hello! I am not seeing the overlay in OBS. Here is my log. Thanks! :)
You're obs version is very outdated, try updating.
Hey guys,
So I have been using this overlay and with the dualsense controller it works perfectly fine, but i setup a second overlay for the Hyperkin Xenon (Xinput controller) and the overlay doesn't respond at all.
if i select the dualsense with the xbox overlay it responds, so the overlay itself is working but just wont detect Xinput at all.
Yeah there's an issue when connecting multiple gamepads. I only have one so I can't really diagnose the issue.
Feels great to struggle for something as simple of having this in azerty

Haven't tested it yet but it seems like a really good plugin

(the first is sarcasm not the second)
There's this:
Hi all! Please help with solution how to highlight sticks in gamepad skin?
Stick change color only when they are pressed, but not moved.
I ask about how to change sticks color when stick are moving?
Thanks!
That's not possible currently.
Hey everyone!
I'm trying to run two instances of OBS so i can use one layout for streaming and one for replay buffer. In the first instance the mouse direction arrow pointer and all inputs work just fine but in the second instance of OBS none of the inputs are shown. So far I've tried using different profiles, different scenes different sources, different folder locations, different names for the .json files and all these together. Is it possible to run two instances of OBS where both instances have a working input overlay and if so how would I manage that?
Thanks!
You'd have to enable the remote connection and then send the inputs from the client software to both instances:
Unsure how to fix this but it seems my mouse arrow is locked moving right even when not moving. The result is it tries to snap to that direction constantly and spasms when I move it in other directions. This happens for all settings of sensitivity and deadzone, as well as in fullscreen applications, windows or display captures without anything interfering with the mouse. This does not happen with the dot version of the default mouse presets.
Yeah the arrow doesn't really work that well. It kinda works if you set the monitor center and then play a game that locks the mouse.
Is there any way around this? Could it point in the last know direction instead of to the right? Or maybe poll the direction less frequently? Or an y other way to not have the arrow spasm around on screen?
I've tried smoothing the movement, but it didn't really work.

BobaYaga

Hello!
First thanks a bunch for this plugin!
Ive got a dual PC setup so Id like to send though the inputs so I dont have to send a whole NDI for the overlay.
Ive had some trouble getting the websocket server running

When I try to start the server I receive:
error: Failed to connect to server
info: network stopped
What could be the cause here?
Ive tried on 5.0.4 and 5.0.2 to see if it was a version issue.

Server is enabled in input overlay and logging enabled but I cant see anything logged either.

Im new to websocket servers so do I need the websocket plugin enabled also? Or is that separate?
I have tried with both.

Not sure what Im missing here.

Thanks for the help!
Hayden
Hi @Valla and @univrsal -

I'm having a very similar problem. When I try to follow the steps in the example Youtube Video I did everything the same up until i try to connect the gaming PC to the streaming PC. I get "error: failed to connect to server; info: network stopped"

I'm new to websocket servers as well.

I triple checked that I'm using the streaming PC's IPv4 Address. I'm using the default port 16899. I tried turning off firewalls.

Note: Not sure if this could cause a problem but the gaming PC is connected via ethernet and the streaming PC is connected via wifi

I just can't seem to get the gaming PC to connect to the streaming PC in Powershell! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

leoarg81

Hello. I want to thank you for your contribution "input-overlay" plugin. Unfortunately as a Debian GNU/Linux (sid/unstable) user I have had problems trying to load the mouse settings. When I load the .json file OBS-Studio crashes/closes. I have tried to compile it myself, however when I run "build-linux.sh" I get the following warnings and errors:

(...)
CMake Warning:
Manually-specified variables were not used by the project:

ENABLE_PIPEWIRE
QT_VERSION

(...)
CMake Warning:
Manually-specified variables were not used by the project:

LINUX_PORTABLE
LOCAL_INSTALLATION
QT_VERSION

(...)
[10/15] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/io_client.dir/src/network_helper.cpp.o
FAILED: CMakeFiles/io_client.dir/src/network_helper.cpp.o

(...)
[14/15] Building CXX object MY_PATH/input-overlay/deps/json11/json11.cpp.o
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
✖︎ script execution error

Callstack:
MY_PATH/input-overlay/.github/scripts/build-linux.zsh:242
MY_PATH/input-overlay/.github/scripts/build-linux.zsh:260

I don't quite understand what the compilation error is. Could you tell me how I could solve it? or at least I would like to know if there is a way to simply use the mouse source for the .deb package that you are already distributing.

Thank you
Leonardo

MAT-ARG

Hello people, good evening from Argentina.
I have no idea how to edit these things and that's why I'm asking for your help.

I downloaded an almost perfect overlay but the arrows don't work and I don't know how to edit it to add the arrows

If you can help me, thank you very much in advance.

Attachments

• XBOX.zip
    397.6 KB · Views: 40

Kyogre

hi @univrsal and everybody! Is it possible to make input-history-windows source to support keyboard layouts, thus it will understand that I press non-latin letters (e.g. Cyrillic letters) when my keyboard language in Windows is set to e.g. Russian?

Old source variant (back when OBS v27 was latest version) had such feature. I really miss it.

univrsal

Hi @Valla and @univrsal -

I'm having a very similar problem. When I try to follow the steps in the example Youtube Video I did everything the same up until i try to connect the gaming PC to the streaming PC. I get "error: failed to connect to server; info: network stopped"

I'm new to websocket servers as well.

I triple checked that I'm using the streaming PC's IPv4 Address. I'm using the default port 16899. I tried turning off firewalls.

Note: Not sure if this could cause a problem but the gaming PC is connected via ethernet and the streaming PC is connected via wifi

I just can't seem to get the gaming PC to connect to the streaming PC in Powershell! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Are the machines on the same network? Try pinging the other machine via ping <ip>. Also you should check if the firewall has any rules that block the web socket server not sure if disabling it is enough.
hi @univrsal and everybody! Is it possible to make input-history-windows source to support keyboard layouts, thus it will understand that I press non-latin letters (e.g. Cyrillic letters) when my keyboard language in Windows is set to e.g. Russian?

Old source variant (back when OBS v27 was latest version) had such feature. I really miss it.
you'd have to edit the preset to use cyrillic instead of latin letters

zockerboy1yt

Hello, can anyone make a arrow keys, for the file in the attachment? i am to stupid, so all arrow keys pls
wasd.png

zockerboy1yt

hello can anyone made error keys for this, i am too stupid and didnt knew how i work with gimp or something else.

Attachments

• wasd.zip
    161.2 KB · Views: 14

amione

Hello, I was wondering If it would be possible to bind (or if there is any config) for vr controllers (valve index in my case) and so how would I do it
Thank you!