Input Overlay

Input Overlay v5.0.4

lazuee

Hello, how can i customize this without using a .png mapping? i would like to make a input overlay that would just show what control key i'm pressing. Also, i want to make it to be a text only not an image because i want to make it to be placed in one line where it will just put a "+" symbol when pressing an another control key. My stream would be like a web developer stream where my audience can only see my "control keys" then dissappear when inactive.

lazuee

No that's not it either. It was sent to me maybe it was never posted in this thread. It was made by Luís Cherubini quite a while ago, I adjusted it to the new format, but haven't tested it so no guarantee....
how do you use .ini ? the plugin can't read it.

univrsal

Hello, how can i customize this without using a .png mapping? i would like to make a input overlay that would just show what control key i'm pressing. Also, i want to make it to be a text only not an image because i want to make it to be placed in one line where it will just put a "+" symbol when pressing an another control key. My stream would be like a web developer stream where my audience can only see my "control keys" then dissappear when inactive.
Something like this?

lazuee

Something like this?
1655735332717.png

yeeessss... thank you, you're a life saver. <3

IdaVarulv

I've really enjoyed using this plugin with OBS and having recently switched to using the Razer Tartaurs Pro, I wanted to know if it was possible to map an irregular shape or if its only possible with squares and having the press texture directly below it?

If its possible, I have no problem taking the time to do it. Just wasn't sure if it was feasible.

Attachments

• TartarusPro.png
    TartarusPro.png
    98.7 KB · Views: 66
  • TartarusPro_KeyPress.png
    TartarusPro_KeyPress.png
    99.1 KB · Views: 68

univrsal

I've really enjoyed using this plugin with OBS and having recently switched to using the Razer Tartaurs Pro, I wanted to know if it was possible to map an irregular shape or if its only possible with squares and having the press texture directly below it?

If its possible, I have no problem taking the time to do it. Just wasn't sure if it was feasible.
In 5.0.0 you can, in the older versions you can't.

IdaVarulv

Managed to get a decent texture and map going. If anyone else uses the Razer Tartarus Pro / V2 please feel free to use and mod. The config itself should work with any layout, you just need to set the bindings with the config tool.

Google Drive link has PSD file, JSON, and Texture.

Attachments

• TartarusPro_DPad.png
    TartarusPro_DPad.png
    230.4 KB · Views: 48

IdaVarulv

@universallp , not sure if this is a weird bug or something I'm doing wrong but if I apply a texture element within the config, that should be visible when applied in OBS, correct? Screenshots of how it looks in the configurator vs OBS.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-02 012832.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-02 012832.png
    141.9 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot 2022-07-02 012816.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-02 012816.png
    20.1 KB · Views: 49

IdaVarulv

Welp, foot is in mouth.

Default Gamepad
{
"id": "body",
"mapping": [
],
"pos": [
],
"type": 0,
"z_level": 0
},
{

Mine

{
"type": 0,
"pos": [
],
"id": "Tartarus Body",
"z_level": "0",
"mapping": [
]
},
{

-1 values needed to be changed to 1.

My apologies.

Mi_Sao

Input Overlay cannot display keyboard and mouse operations when using some applications. For example, "UU 加速器" "fongo cat mver" "Naraka:Bladepoint". Please solve this problem.(Window 10)

lazuee

i want to know which version of input overlay plugin does input history html with websocket is working. The latest version seems like its not working. I already turned on the websocket server but nothing happened with the browser source.

univrsal

i want to know which version of input overlay plugin does input history html with websocket is working. The latest version seems like its not working. I already turned on the websocket server but nothing happened with the browser source.
The 5.0.0 pre release adds the websocket server, and it works just fine for me.
Input Overlay cannot display keyboard and mouse operations when using some applications. For example, "UU 加速器" "fongo cat mver" "Naraka:Bladepoint". Please solve this problem.(Window 10)
Why does Input Overlay not detect input in some cases?
This is most likely caused by the application protecting its inputs for a variety of reasons. Launching obs-studio as administrator usually fixes this issue.

lazuee

The 5.0.0 pre release adds the websocket server, and it works just fine for me.

Why does Input Overlay not detect input in some cases?
This is most likely caused by the application protecting its inputs for a variety of reasons. Launching obs-studio as administrator usually fixes this issue.
i tried running obs as admin, but my window detects the input_history.html with a virus or unwanted sowftware when adding a browser source.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    55 KB · Views: 76

lazuee

Last edited: