Input Overlay

Input Overlay v5.0.4

RotzaffTV

I downloaded it - strg c - strg v, new version do not work. if i load the png it will be shown like a pic. After I put the ini in all disapears.

univrsal

i've downloaded the v3 version of this plugin, and i wanted to know what do i do with these cpp/hpp/c/h files, like, how do i compile them in dll? i gave it a quick try but all i got was errors in compiling
You can compile them if you want, but it's easier to just download the precompiled version. Have you taken a look at the installation guide? You downloaded the source code instead of the release.

univrsal

I downloaded it - strg c - strg v, new version do not work. if i load the png it will be shown like a pic. After I put the ini in all disapears.
What *.ini file are you using? You need to always use the ini files that come in the zip archive. The lastest version changed the config format which means that older ini files will not work anymore.

univrsal

Hey, I'm having the same issue as Silvian.
I watched the Vimeo and have installed it to the right place, but I still am not seeing any "Input Overlay" option in the drop-down to add a source.
Logs attached
https://gist.github.com/e01eaf375906cefa76b2fd9b38220061
Code:
1:20:27.362: ---------------------------------
21:20:27.362:   Loaded Modules:
21:20:27.362:     win-wasapi.dll
21:20:27.362:     win-mf.dll
[...]
21:20:27.362:     frontend-tools.dll
21:20:27.362:     enc-amf.dll
21:20:27.362:     coreaudio-encoder.dll
21:20:27.363: ---------------------------------
In there it should say input-overlay.dll somewhere but it doesn't so somehow obs can't find the plugin. Are you sure that you put it in the right place? Did you install obs on a different hard drive or on C:\? I'm sorry that I can't really help you with this, but as long as the dlls are in the right place obs should load them just fine.

CocoaBirdy

Code:
1:20:27.362: ---------------------------------
21:20:27.362:   Loaded Modules:
21:20:27.362:     win-wasapi.dll
21:20:27.362:     win-mf.dll
[...]
21:20:27.362:     frontend-tools.dll
21:20:27.362:     enc-amf.dll
21:20:27.362:     coreaudio-encoder.dll
21:20:27.363: ---------------------------------
In there it should say input-overlay.dll somewhere but it doesn't so somehow obs can't find the plugin. Are you sure that you put it in the right place? Did you install obs on a different hard drive or on C:\? I'm sorry that I can't really help you with this, but as long as the dlls are in the right place obs should load them just fine.
I don't know what I'm doing wrong and I'd love for this to work.
I'll upload a screenshot of my file path, tell me if anything looks wrong.
https://imgur.com/a/3lSU9
Thanks for getting back so quickly.

univrsal

I don't know what I'm doing wrong and I'd love for this to work.
I'll upload a screenshot of my file path, tell me if anything looks wrong.
https://imgur.com/a/3lSU9
Thanks for getting back so quickly.
So you're not the first one to make this mistake (don't worry :P), but I'm really curious how you mixed this up:
nrdpuj.png

You downloaded the source code, but you need the "input-overlay.v3.1.zip".
Inside that zip is a folder called "plugin", copy the contents of that folder inside your "obs-studio" folder ("C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio")
I know that in the tutorial it's not completely obvious which one I downloaded because my dumb self forgot to record the mouse cursor, but there's still a difference between the source code and the release zip file^^

Here's an image showing the exact process:
pcbioa.png

Rafson

The plugin in the latest version does not work at all. I tried to install the older version and the only problem was that when I search for a file with the tip .ini, the picture disappears and nothing can be done. :(

Attachments

• plugin problem.jpg
    plugin problem.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 157

univrsal

The plugin in the latest version does not work at all. I tried to install the older version and the only problem was that when I search for a file with the tip .ini, the picture disappears and nothing can be done. :(
You are not using the latest version in that screen shot. The game-pad overlay and all new overlay versions will not work with older versions.
Please install the lastest version and use the presets that were shipped with it and it should work without issues

Rafson

But I just wrote that the latest version of the plugin does not work.

Attachments

• plugin problem.jpg
    plugin problem.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 149

univrsal

But I just wrote that the latest version of the plugin does not work.
Well then you'll have to give me a log file, but installing an older version will definitely not work with the new presets (you can use the ones shipped with the old version, though).
Also I had multiple people reporting me that the plugin didn't work because they installed it wrong, so please always check whether or not the *.dll files are in the correct place.
But I guess because you were able to install the older version you know how to do that.

Other than that I'm sorry that I can't help you more.

balistafreak

I have a rather unique problem with how this overlay interacts with AutoHotKey.

When I have an AutoHotKey script running that accepts a particular keystroke, the overlay is unable to detect when I input said keystroke. The overlay is similarly unable to detect outputs from AutoHotKey.

Say, for demonstration's sake, that I use an AHK script to rebind M1 to the spacebar. When I click M1, neither M1 nor spacebar will be detected by the overlay, even though AHK works as intended and whatever program I'm on will accept said input of spacebar just fine.

I am attempting to figure out how to configure either AHK or this overlay to work around this issue. Is there a way to configure this overlay to detect "higher up"; the raw inputs before they are digested by AHK? Or would it be possible to configure it to detect "internal outputs", outputs from an internal program as opposed to my hardware? The end result is that I would simply like this overlay to display some kind of positive feedback when I push a key accepted by an AHK script.

Last edited:

univrsal

I have a rather unique problem with how this overlay interacts with AutoHotKey.

When I have an AutoHotKey script running that accepts a particular keystroke, the overlay is unable to detect when I input said keystroke. The overlay is similarly unable to detect outputs from AutoHotKey.

Say, for demonstration's sake, that I use an AHK script to rebind M1 to the spacebar. When I click M1, neither M1 nor spacebar will be detected by the overlay, even though AHK works as intended and whatever program I'm on will accept said input of spacebar just fine.

I am attempting to figure out how to configure either AHK or this overlay to work around this issue. Is there a way to configure this overlay to detect "higher up"; the raw inputs before they are digested by AHK? Or would it be possible to configure it to detect "internal outputs", outputs from an internal program as opposed to my hardware? The end result is that I would simply like this overlay to display some kind of positive feedback when I push a key accepted by an AHK script.
Nothing I can really do on my side. I use an API call from windows, the only alternative to that would be using a hook but I couldn't figure out how to use them inside a plugin.
The only other thing I can suggest is you try to run obs as admin and see if that somehow helps but that's a shot in the dark.

Mcfunpants

I didn't make any of the mistakes that others have, but it seems to only be working in OBS 32 bit, and not 64 bit. Any idea if I've maybe done something completely different wrong?
32bitInputOverlayWorking.png
64bitNoInputOverlay.png

univrsal

I didn't make any of the mistakes that others have, but it seems to only be working in OBS 32 bit, and not 64 bit. Any idea if I've maybe done something completely different wrong?View attachment 33333 View attachment 33334
That's rather strange, I've had some others reporting that the plugin didn't load even though it was in the right place. I made a new version which fixed it for them so give me some time and I'll put that up on github. In the meantime can you give me both logs of the 32bit and 64bit version?

Wheels.

Hey universallp. This onscreen keyboard looks really good. Have you heard of Nohboard? It's another onscreen keyboard made for OBS and it's what I'm using currently, but because of some technical issues, I'm looking to replace it with something more reliable. My main concern is my custom layout. Would you happen to know if they are compatible? There are three types of files: .json, .style and .png. It looks like the .style files from "keyboard" folder pull the .png s from the "images" folder and apply them to the keyboard.json file. Does this seem like something I might be able to drag and drop into your program?

univrsal

Hey universallp. This onscreen keyboard looks really good. Have you heard of Nohboard? It's another onscreen keyboard made for OBS and it's what I'm using currently, but because of some technical issues, I'm looking to replace it with something more reliable. My main concern is my custom layout. Would you happen to know if they are compatible? There are three types of files: .json, .style and .png. It looks like the .style files from "keyboard" folder pull the .png s from the "images" folder and apply them to the keyboard.json file. Does this seem like something I might be able to drag and drop into your program?
Unfortunately no, I made my own layout system (which I have to admit is not going to win an award, but it does the trick) that is used for input overlay.

Wheels.

Unfortunately no, I made my own layout system (which I have to admit is not going to win an award, but it does the trick) that is used for input overlay.
That's a bummer. Thanks for getting back go me though. And seriously, nice work with this.

chubby-ninja

Thanks for making this plugin, its a pretty neat tool.

I use the scroll wheel to alter sizes of objects, because the program allows me to mouseover the height and width dimensions within the transform panel and scrolling the wheel up or down increases or decreases the units i.e pixels or mm.

When I use the mouse scroll wheel to scroll up and down, the scroll wheel doesn't highlight so consequently there is no reflection of my mouse usage on-screen, Is there no option for this?