Question / Help I need a Capture Card capable to actually preview 1280x720@60fps

Hello!
I hope you can help me with this simple question/issue.

What I Have:
  • OBS, with a Chat Overlay custom CSS (and I want to preserve it)
  • I also have a Live Gamer HD C985 capture card, but it isn't useful to me (following the reason)
  • Laptop

The issue:
The mentioned Capture Card only shows 60fps when it is recording/streaming using its own software.
If I try to use OBS adding it as a "Capture Game Device", the game only shows at 30fps.
Even if using AverMedia's Software to show the preview, and then capture that window in OBS, it's only at 30fps.

And I must use OBS, in order to have the Chat Overlay with my custom CSS (which add style and animations to new comments done).

What I'm looking for:
I need a Capture Card that shows at 60fps not only when directly recording/streaming using its software.
I need to be able to add it as a "Game Capture Device" in OBS, and that it displays at 60fps (the resolution would be 1280x720).

As far as I know, LiveGamerHD C985 isn't a valid option for the explained reason: it only shows 60fps when recording/streaming in its own software.

Please keep in mind before answering:
  • My PC isn't the problem. I have no issue streaming at 60fps, my pc is capable to do this, as I've done it before (e.g.: when streaming games directly played in my PC)
  • The Capture Card isn't broken. the LiveGamerHD C985 Capture Card works perfectly fine: when I use its own software to record/stream, it shows a perfect 60fps. But I don't want to use that software.
  • OBS with that custom CSS is a must-have. I want to use my custom CSS in my chat overlay, hence the reason why I have to use OBS

Please, could you tell me which Capture card would allow me to achive this?
I've readen that elgatoHD60s also has an issue like this, unless you use its very own software, so we run in the same issue as with LiveGamerHD C985

Thank you very much for your help!

PD: no log attached as there is no actual issue to show in logs.

Last edited:

Filgaja

"Elgato Game capture HD60 Pro"
i Am using it since 2 Years now, and you can directly use it in obs as a source:

Image1.jpg

It can run 60 FPS in 720p but also in 1080p

It should fits all your needs :) and i love the performance ^^

Hope it helps you

"Elgato Game capture HD60 Pro"
i Am using it since 2 Years now, and you can directly use it in obs as a source:

It can run 60 FPS in 720p but also in 1080p

It should fits all your needs :) and i love the performance ^^

Hope it helps you

Great thank you!

Although I forgot to mention: I currently have a laptop :/ I will update the original post to add this.