I can see any video capture devices and it crashes obs when i open properties

VioletDash

I have tried every bit of trouble shooting i can... and no matter what i do all video sources show up black and when i try to go to properties to fix it, it only shows up as a white box then right to not responding then crashes and i dont know whats causing this i have tried everything from uninstalling it and reinstalling it, rebooting the comp and updating the comp i even updated my cap card cause i didnt realize it had an update i tried checking the integrity of obs and it came up with nothing, i even deleted and tried readding the sources from scratch and still the same result... i stream regularly and no matter what i do its stuck like this and i cant stream with out my cap card.. cant stream without the game there since that is what we do we are a gaming channel TT.TT im scared and i dont know what else to do

VioletDash

Please post a log
This may or may not be relevant https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/laptop-black-screen-when-capturing-read-here-first.5965/

Is it just the capture device that is the issue What is the make and model
It’s not the device I even opened the device on its own cause it’s an Elgato HD 60 S and it’s fine when I run it from its own software but I know it’s the device cause I can’t open any video devices including my camera it’s all video capture devices I can’t touch any of them

Harold

The nvidia 526.47 driver is known to be bugged and causes this issue. If you have it, switch geforce experience to use the studio (stable) driver instead of the game ready (beta), install the latest studio driver, reboot, and try again.

devilion

Well..... I downgraded to 522 and it works, but it seems illogical to have to work with an old driver, DEVS: please make sure that it is possible to work with driver 527 which came out on 8/12/2022

Harold

In cases like this it is not OBS' responsibility to fix nvidia's mistakes/breaking changes.

devilion

no, it's not Nvidia's mistakes, it's OBS' responsibility to adjust the software according to NVIDIA drivers,
NVIDIA has already released 5 updates since then... Who is responsible? Certainly not NVIDIA, it's like saying that OBS does not support the "Windows 69" operating system because Microsoft did not fix it
2022-12-22 21_56_13-Window.png

mkharisecario

My temporary fix is by disabling the NVIDIA when setting the video capture and then enabling the NVIDIA driver again.
The properties still can be open and see for the session.

After the first time restarting OBS (driver enabled), the input is still there, but it will not show properties windows and make OBS not respond. I think it should be ok as long as we do not change anything for the video capture settings.

However, it will not work for second restart, it will show black screen for the capture.

Using similar setup, shotcut dont have this problem, so I wonder if the problems is really come from nvidia driver or OBS behavior.