Question / Help How to configure Recording output settings for streaming on Facebook Live

willhavengaming

Long story short, I'm currently using restream.io as the streaming output/source in OBS (for Mixer and Twitch). Since Facebook Live has a cost in restream.io, I'm using a workaround of utilizing the SETTINGS > OUTPUT > RECORDING > CUSTOM OUTPUT > OUTPUT TO URL in OBS.

The problem I'm having is the quality of the FB Live stream is horrible. I can increase the Video Bitrate, but that doesn't seem like the optimal solution. I think it might be that it is pushing out at 60 FPS when it should be 30 FPS (Facebook requirement). My settings are attached (mind all the random parameters, I don't know what I'm doing).

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Attachments

• obs recording settings.png
    obs recording settings.png
    64.7 KB · Views: 543
Last edited:

willhavengaming

Check the framerate in Settings -> Video.

Looks like that improved the quality a little, but I was hoping to leave that video setting at 60FPS for the restream.io streaming setting since Mixer and Twitch support 60FPS.

I'm guessing there is no way to set the streaming output to 60FPS and the recording output to 30FPS?

...Actually, the FPS can't be the issue. Because if I use Facebook Live as the streaming output, the quality is way better, and that is still using 60FPS video setting.

So I think this is more of an issue with how the streaming output works in OBS versus the "recording to URL" output.

I feel like I need to setup the "OUTPUT TO URL" a certain way, I just don't know how to do it. I've spent days trying different container formats, encoders, parameters, etc.

Thank you for the feedback so far though!!!