Hotkey doesn't work while playing game.

dntwurry

Technically it does work while playing the game, but I must not be clicking any game functions. If I am running with WASD say, I can't click my F9 record replay button, it won't work.

The only way it works is if I am completely inactive, not pressing any buttons usable by the game, and press my F9 key. Which is not optimal sometimes when I want to record a clip from a fast paced game.

I have tried running as admin, and the problem persists. Any clue on how I can fix this?

I am using a small keyboard so the option to hotkey are somewhat limited and pressing the function keys are honestly best for me.

Suslik V

Keyboards has limits on how many keys can be pressed simultaneously. You can try 5-buttons mouse and assign keys from it.

dntwurry

Keyboards has limits on how many keys can be pressed simultaneously. You can try 5-buttons mouse and assign keys from it.
I thank you for getting me to test it! But it seems as if using the Shift key in conjunction with F9 is the true problem for me at the moment... is there a workaround? or is there weird functionality while holding shift in general?

Suslik V

I'm considering that the Websocket from main menu Tools not an option for you, because all your attention is inside the game, and you have no time to look at phone/tablet...
Edit: I forgot that you need to "save replay" action.

Last edited:

dntwurry

Found this solution on another thread..

I found the solution to this problem

You have to add a button as a PTT function, using the + sign to the right of your PTT Hotkey assignment bar. Then hold Shift and [PTT button] to make a Shift+[PTT Button] selection. Then have one of the selections as purely [PTT button].

Thank you so much for the help Suslik as it lead me to think of possible problems and troubleshoot what my specific problem was :D helpful community here.