Hi OBS users someone help me!

RobloxGamer

1600114349600.png

i want to record roblox videos and i tried everything, i watched many videos on youtube how best to do this without lag and delays? I have an windows 10 laptop as you can see. what are the best settings to apply? I have literally tried everything. Someone who is happy to help me? I appreciate your help!

Lawrence_SoCal

Specifically, I'm too new to help
However, a dual core/4 thread CPU from 2015 with only 4GB of RAM is fairly low-end system to try and play a game and simultaneously do video encoding, especially if you don't have a nice GPU to handle encoding. Are you saying you can stream ok now, just with lag/delay? or ?? From Task Manager/Resource Monitor, how is CPU, GPU, disk and RAM utilization?

Also, from the time you do something on the screen and it gets encoded, sent to stream provider (YouTube), re-encoded, then sent out... expect delay/lag (anywhere from 10/15 seconds if you are really luck, to 30 seconds and more.. this is normal, in my experience with live streaming (though not to YouTube, but the comments I've indicate issue is similar/same).

But I'm not a gamer, so hopefully someone can give you better advice.

RobloxGamer

Specifically, I'm too new to help
However, a dual core/4 thread CPU from 2015 with only 4GB of RAM is fairly low-end system to try and play a game and simultaneously do video encoding, especially if you don't have a nice GPU to handle encoding. Are you saying you can stream ok now, just with lag/delay? or ?? From Task Manager/Resource Monitor, how is CPU, GPU, disk and RAM utilization?

Also, from the time you do something on the screen and it gets encoded, sent to stream provider (YouTube), re-encoded, then sent out... expect delay/lag (anywhere from 10/15 seconds if you are really luck, to 30 seconds and more.. this is normal, in my experience with live streaming (though not to YouTube, but the comments I've indicate issue is similar/same).

But I'm not a gamer, so hopefully someone can give you better advice.
H

Hi Lawrence thanks for youre respond, but when i play i never have lags or something like that, the laptop works great! Only when I want to record does it slow down. I don't want to stream just record my games. Do you have some good OBS settings that might help me?

Attachments

• 1600176123777.png
    1600176123777.png
    312 bytes · Views: 30

Lawrence_SoCal

You don't have to stream to record (though that is one way of doing it)
If I understand correctly, your laptop slows down when you try and use OBS to capture & encode your gameplay. Correct?
if so, that is totally expected. Video recording (and/or streaming) takes a lot of resources (CPU, GPU, and to some extent RAM, plus a fast drive if locally recording) to encode the video. Video encoding is much more demanding than your game.. unfortunately. I suspect, your laptop simply isn't powerful enough. You could try really lowering your stream/encoding settings (low frame rate, low bitrate, low resolution, etc)... even then, I wouldn't be surprised if your laptop isn't powerful enough... sorry.
Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I will comment/offer suggestions.