CaptainSteamFox

CaptainSteamFox submitted a new resource:

grab-song - BASH script for grabbing the song info and album art from any MPRIS enabled media players!

grab-song
Tool for scraping the song data from MPRIS enabled media players under Linux for use in streaming applications like OBS.
Requires qdbus and ImageMagick to run. Supports any MPRIS enabled media player.

WIP! There are a few bugs, and it is not entirely finished.

Outputs the song title, artist, and album data, as well as the album art to the 'Output' subdirectory. If no album art is found, a generic one is substituted in. The album art is...

Read more about this resource...

CaptainSteamFox

I am currently optimizing the script and working on a UI. So you guys will get better performance and be able to change settings on the fly!

CaptainSteamFox

Well, folks. The whole project is about to get a massive overhaul, with loads of new features! Stay tuned for the next couple of weeks for more updates!

CaptainSteamFox

CaptainSteamFox updated grab-song with a new update entry:

grab-song

This is the last version before the Python rewrite. The new script will be called 'pygrab-song', and will be the replacement for 'grab-song', as we are running into massive limitations and bugs working in nothing but BASH. Fear not, however! As I intend to keep this version around for those who want a simple CLI solution to their music scraping needs.

Stay tuned, and look out for 'pygrab-song' here in the next few weeks.

Sincerely,

-The grab-song team.

Read the rest of this update entry...

CaptainSteamFox

200+ downloads, squashed bugs, and new life!

Thank you to all who downloaded and use this tool. It means a lot to us! We're past 200 downloads!

Well, folks, the cat's outta the bag:

I am pleased to announce that not only have the last bugs in the configuration system been fixed, but we are continuing the project for the foreseeable future!

Version 0.1.2, folks! This brings an end to the previously broken (sorry) and buggy (again, sorry) configuration system, and adds a first run message and help text for those who may have...

CaptainSteamFox

New update! Last one before proper version control!

Hey everyone! Long time, no see! So sorry for being gone for so long!

I have done some work to update the script and get it closer to using actual version control. Version control will be helpful in the future for allowing easier tracking of script versions, and will make finding and tracking issues easier. This project has proven to be more popular than I expected, and it brings me joy to know that anyone uses this thing!

Here's to a bright future for Grab-Song!