Getting lag in playback for streaming and recording, but not in-game.

ThePixelator

Every 1-2 seconds my recording or stream freezes. This is not a problem in the preview, or while playing, only when viewing recordings or streams. I have no missing frames, and I'm kind of stumped.

When I am testing it not in game, everything is fine. The most recent recording still displays the issues in the log file I've attached. Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• 2020-09-28 13-00-10.txt
    22 KB · Views: 137

qhobbes

1. The version of Windows you are running (1909) has a limitation which causes performance issues in hardware accelerated applications (such as games and OBS) if multiple monitors with different refresh rates are present. Your system's monitors have 2 different refresh rates (165 and 60), so you are affected by this limitation.

To fix this issue, we recommend updating to the Windows 10 May 2020 Update. Follow these instructions if you're not sure how to update or set both monitors to the same refresh rate or disconnect a monitor.
2. Set your MSI monitor to 120 Hz refresh rate and cap your game(s) at 120 FPS. It's easier to make 60 frames out of 120 than 165.
3. Run OBS as Admin
4. Display and Game Capture Sources interfere with each other. Never put them in the same scene. See Desktop 1 and Sea of Thieves Cam scenes.
5. At least one of your audio devices has a sample rate that doesn't match the rest. This can result in audio drift over time or sound distortion. Check your audio devices in Windows settings (both Playback and Recording) and ensure the Default Format (under Advanced) is consistent. 48000 Hz is recommended.
OBS Sample Rate: 44100 Hz
Cloud Alpha Headphones (High Definition Audio Device): 48000 Hz
Microphone (3- USB PnP Audio Device): 48000 Hz
Capture Input terminal (AC Interface): 16000 Hz
6. A slower x264 preset than 'veryfast' is in use. It is recommended to leave this value on veryfast, as there are significant diminishing returns to setting it lower.
7. Custom FFMPEG output is in use at the end of your log. Only absolute professionals should use this. If you got your settings from a YouTube video advertising "Absolute best OBS settings" then we recommend using one of the presets in Simple output mode instead.