Danicchi

While playing BattleBit Remastered I have noticed a very noticeable amount of micro stuttering, which results in me dying or various other things happening, which aren't even my fault. So I did some "troubleshooting", followed some clickbaity YouTube guides, the typical stuff. But then I have noticed, that it might be due to me having OBS opened up 24/7. I almost exclusively use it for its great built-in replay buffer, and it would be a shame to ditch it, as it is very useful for e.g. editing because of multi audio track support, etc. I have set up OBS to always start with windows (which is the sole reason why I didn't think that OBS was causing the issue) and my "Start Replay Buffer"-Keybind is 'W', which is a button you will pretty much always press, in any game. Anyways, I have then stopped the Replay Buffer, killed OBS tasks and had pracitcally no more stutters. I figured it would be because of some settings I have made, but I absolutely do not know anything about encoders, codecs and all that.
I will now list all of my hardware specs and in the attached files I will include an image of my recording settings which I believe are the ones that get used for the Replay Buffer.

| PC Specs |
Case: Corsair 110Q
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB OC
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB DDR4 3200MHz
Power Supply: Be Quiet Pure Power 11 600W
MoBo: MSI B450M Pro-VDH Max
Storage: Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD [OS]
Storage: Western Digital 2TB HDD

If there are any other specs/settings you would like to know, just ask. I love OBS and wouldn't wanna switch anytime soon. o7
And here's my log file, though I am not sure how useful it might be. https://obsproject.com/logs/WEzZPQ3KMy03DrYi

Attachments

• Bild_2024-01-23_010843698.png
    Bild_2024-01-23_010843698.png
    41.9 KB · Views: 35
  • Bild_2024-01-23_010849569.png
    Bild_2024-01-23_010849569.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 35

Harold

Change your recording settings to (in order):
rate control: CQP
cqp level: 14
preset: p1

koala

Use a higher CQP level. Using 14 requires a huge amount of memory. Previously, you used CBR with bitrate 8000, this is probably equivalent to CQP 25-28. What you gain with CQP is quality where it is needed, what you lose is the ability to predict how long the buffer lasts, because CQP is variable bitrate.

Danicchi

Use a higher CQP level. Using 14 requires a huge amount of memory. Previously, you used CBR with bitrate 8000, this is probably equivalent to CQP 25-28. What you gain with CQP is quality where it is needed, what you lose is the ability to predict how long the buffer lasts, because CQP is variable bitrate.
I have now played like 3 matches which is more than enough to determine if the settings Mr. Harold has provided have improved anything. Unfortunately, It didn't seem that these settings have improved the stutters.