Question / Help Frames lost due to rendering lag (video stutters frequently)

D

Deleted member 160256

So I have not been able to stream due to the fact that it stutters a decent amount for no reason, when I play a game like Overwatch for example I don't experience this lag or frame drops at all but my stream seems to experience it quite a lot

My specs -
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 3.70GHz
8.00GB Vengeance LPX @ 1197 MHz
ASUSTeK ROG STRIX H370-F GAMING
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB
931GB Western Digital HDD

I attached my log, sorry if I did this incorrectly, am new.

(Edit) https://gyazo.com/139683e706cae1df2036006cba23caa1 Virus clean for anyone worried.

Attachments

• 2018-08-24 22-24-35.txt
    21.3 KB · Views: 24

Elixerin

lol.

try using a software encoder, your 8700k is proficient enough to do the task. NVENC uses way less power and is usually better at higher bitrates but it uses the encoding/decoding part of your GPU, it may have problems if you have multiple monitors at high refresh rates and/or are watching 4k videos on youtube (for example) anything producing video on a screen uses GPU so keep that in mind when you are using NVENC for OBS as obs uses a lot of decoding power(i have a 1070 in comparison but i'd imagine usage in decoding is fairly similar). Remember, the actual GPU usage doesn't come in to play here as that part of the gpu is entirely for 3D visuals/rendering such as Overwatch or any other game for that matter. But if you are decoding too much video at once OBS will struggle to find power, either way even with multiple monitors at higher refresh rates the 1080 in particular shouldn't be having encoding/decoding issues, However it might and this might help you find a solution. Hope it works out