Not open for further replies.

T-Lock

CPU: i7-4790k
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 780
Game causing this issue:
LoL
Overwatch
PUBG

Issue occurs with NO game open?: No (two cam + plugins but no problem) Encode Overload begin when game is lauched
Antivirus: Avast

Last edited:

EnterElysium

CPU: i7 5930K
GPU: GTX 980Ti, 382.05 (release date 05/04/2017, suspect had issue on previous version of driver but cannot confirm)
Game: Subnautica, Stellaris
Issue w/ or w/o game open?: As soon as game is launched, does not need to be in focus, merely being open will cause issues.
Game boost: None.
Antivirus: Avast (Free)

Further notes:
  • Seems to cause CPU0 to overload to 100% and fluctuate hitting 100% constantly. Forcing OBS to use a high priority or removing CPU0 from it's affinity did not help.
  • Disabling Avast Antivirus didn't change the symptoms.
  • Rolling back and forward in OBS versions yielded no difference. 18.0.1, 18.0.2, 17.0.2 all had same result.
  • Seemingly even the start screen before the main game causes the issues in Stellaris so there is something funky going on here...

Last edited:

jakobmiller

cf3edbfc-2ba2-485e-a95b-4a9deb372759
Where you find your GPU driver:

cf3edbfc-2ba2-485e-a95b-4a9deb372759
DPfx3AQ.png

Fenrir

Forum Admin
To anyone having the issue, please verify you do NOT have any sort of game boost, CPU core usage, or other "performance boost" software installed.

Also, if you could please let me know if you run any kind of antivirus or internet security software, and if so, which. The more data we can get the better.

I've been trying to replicate this on my system, and I'm not able to even come close.

trigga

CPU: i7-2600K
GPU: GTX770 4GB
GPU driver version: 382.05 but was doing it before i updated to latest driver
Game causing this issue: All games
Issue occurs with NO game open?: No, only when a game is running and it's been doing it since May 9th, my stream from May 8th is flawless. Was running x264 until I noticed this problem, switching to NVENC seems to work better.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
New users reporting, use this for info:

CPU: (example: i7-4790k)
GPU: (example: NVIDIA GeForce 1080ti)
GPU driver version: (example: 382.05)
Game causing this issue: (example: League of Legends)
Issue occurs with NO game open?: (example: No it's not)
Antivirus/Security software installed? (example: Yes, Norton Internet Security and Avast AV)
Provide link to OBS log with a recording/streaming session where this issue happens (if available):

Anyone who previously reported, if you could update your posts. Sorry for the trouble, I'm expanding parameters as the investigation continues.

Might be worth to mention:

I have a i5 2500K (yea it's old but still works, and it should be bottle-necking even quicker then most of the cpu's people have here)
8Gb ram.
Geforce GTX960 driver: 382.05 whql
And i have win 7 64-bit ultimate.
Norton AV

Trying City Skylines as that was reported by someone else.
game runs on 1920*1080 no vsync.

And i record on x264 no rescale @60 fps 2500 bitrate verryfast.
Alt tabbed a lot of times but could not reproduce the problem.
But i have also have to say that i did not test streaming tbh.

HOWEVER:
I have set my custom x264 options with 'threads=4' (without quotes, it has been long on that setting as it seems to had a bit better preformance years ago with classic)
(my cpu has 4 physical cores)

Not sure if that would help anything but i don't have any problems with recording anything i want.
Sure my cpu and mem is nearly maxed out but hey, it still works with no encoding error.
And i still use webpages, hexchat and mspaint in the background for uploading this photo while still recording.

https://gist.github.com/e903b854292ff0972966d49c762de00f

iCpFeP7.png

Edit: added log file and resources overview.
Edit 2: Subnautica also did not give any problems/warnings.

Last edited:

GhepTiepTrung

Hey Guy, i realize that this error "Encoding Overloaded" ONLY occur when i play old game use Direct X 9 (for me it's The Walking Dead). When i live stream newer game like GTA V or Battlegrounds (using Dx10 or above), it works perfect!

Last night i update Windows and this problem begin.

Cpu: I7-6700
GPUs: Nvidia GTX1060
Game: The Walking Dead season 1-2
No issue occurs with NO game open
Antivirus: avast

MrHatty

Will add PUBG to my list along with Rainbow 6 Siege. The only game I've noticed that isn't experiencing issue is iRacing.

xDumped

CPU: i7-3770
GPU: Nvidea GeForce GTX 970
GPU driver version: 382.05
Game causing this issue: Noticed first with Overwatch
Issue occurs with NO game open?: Yes frames can't stay stable without even starting the stream
Antivirus/Security software installed? Avast

Attachments

• 2017-05-11 16-27-15.txt
    11 KB · Views: 16

MrHatty

Update to what I've been seeing. I'm on Overwatch right now. OBS isn't running, but the work load is being off loaded across all cores on my system. I'm still noticing though that my M65 and K70 Lux are still having issues with their lighting effects when the game is focused and I'm playing.

My keyboard and mouse are set to breath light. When I'm in game, I'm noticing that they are hanging and stuttering in their effects somewhat.

MrHatty

Something else you guys might want to note.

Especially for Win 10 users, has your rig updated over the past 48 hours?

Tyler Wolf

Something else you guys might want to note.

Especially for Win 10 users, has your rig updated over the past 48 hours?

Not that I was aware of. I looked to see if there was an updated available and it said I had the latest update. Typically Win 10 lets me know, and then I have to choose to install it. Could check later when I get back home.

SickMotion

I tried these custom x264 options just for the sake of getting different results. This was what i pulled from a thread that said they would be very high settings and require alot of CPU usage.

8x8dct=1 aq-mode=2 b-adapt=2 bframes=1 chroma-qp-offset=2 colormatrix=smpte170m deblock=0:0 direct=auto ipratio=1.41 keyint=240 level=3.1 me=umh merange=16 min-keyint=auto mixed-refs=1 no-mbtree=0 partitions=all profile=high psy-rd=0.5:0.0 qcomp=0.6 qpmax=51 qpmin=10 qpstep=4 ratetol=10 rc-lookahead=30 ref=1 scenecut=40 subme=10 threads=0 trellis=2 weightb=1 weightp=2

When i turned them on, just idle (no game focused) my OBS used 60-90 CPU. When I focus the game, CPU usage drops to 10-12 area and it goes from using CPU 0 - 7 to only using CPU 0. All other cores drop off to almost no usage except for the one the game is on. Thought this emphasized the fact that it refuses to use all cores while game is focused very well. It is hard to tell normally cause idle with normal settings it uses barely any CPU but here it shows that even if it wants to use it idle, when game gets focus it refuses to use anything but CPU 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.