DroidCam OBS Camera

DroidCam OBS Camera 2.3.2

Dauslyn

Does anyone know if there's a way to use Samsung's portrait video mode with DroidCam OBS? I'm fully a noob at this, but managed to get DroidCam OBS working which is quite an accomplishment for me. But I was hoping to get that blurred/bokeh look that Samsung's camera can do naturally. Doesn't look like there's an option in the app though? Thanks!

dev47

Hi @Dauslyn , the app does not have special camera modes supported, such as Samsungs portrait mode.
These tend to vary vendor-to-vendor.
Your best bet is to select the main "Back" camera of your phone, then set Auto Focus (AF) to "Manual".
Adjust it to a level to get yourself focused and have some of the background blurred.

Dauslyn

Hi @Dauslyn , the app does not have special camera modes supported, such as Samsungs portrait mode.
These tend to vary vendor-to-vendor.
Your best bet is to select the main "Back" camera of your phone, then set Auto Focus (AF) to "Manual".
Adjust it to a level to get yourself focused and have some of the background blurred.
Perfect, thanks for the reply!

yellowtreesobs

hello, my droidcam obs disconnects after mabye 3 hours, then whenever i reconnect, it just turns into a black screen again after 5~10 minutes. i paid for the pro mode so this is really dissapointing. My phone is an A13. could anyone help?

yellowtreesobs

Hey @yellowtreesobs , could you check out the tips under "Video is not stable and keeps disconnecting" at https://www.dev47apps.com/obs/usage.html#faq

If the problem persists, could you email support@dev47apps.com for help on this.
Attaching one of the OBS logs where the problem has occurred would also really help -- see "Report a problem" at https://www.dev47apps.com/obs/#faq
hmm, all the settings offered in the link seem to be fine, and my wifi connection is more than stable(although my pc uses ethernet, is that a problem?),and obs doesn't log any problems; just the camera view in the phone app freezes and the droidcam source does black.
if this does persist, i'll email you i guess.

BruSnow

@dev47 Hey there. I used the plugin for a few years now, pro version, and I used to use it by USB and by Wifi depending on the situation. But now it only does work with USB. With Wifi it doesn't connect I dunno why. I'm doing everything I did when I used with Wifi. Would you know what could I do?

I'm mainly trying to use Droidcam with Wifi so I could try to connect a wireless lavel mic to my smartphone and my PC USB to the lavel, so I could use it's audio inside OBS. Is it possible to do?

dev47

@BruSnow check out "The plugin does not activate / video does not start" at https://www.dev47apps.com/obs/usage.html#faq
Try restarting the router, double check for 2.4 vs 5Ghz.

I am not sure about the mic question, you should not need Droidcam if you can pair the mic with your PC directly (using the USB dongle that comes with the microphone). Droidcam would be useful if you want to connect a standalone microphone to the phone.

dansim

I am trying to figure out what the issue is with my USB connection. There is a lot more lag over USB than over Wifi. This only happens with my desktop and not my laptop. Everything is updated on my desktop (samsung phone driver, droidcam obs plugin, the app), but there is still a lot of lag and choppiness. Is the issue with my USB ports? I tried a lot of cables and plugged it in to all of my USB ports but still the same thing.

dev47

Could be anything unfortunately; system / drivers / hardware. Some ideas:
Are there a lot of other USB peripheries on the PC?
Does lowering the Droidcam video resolution make any difference?
Does changing the Droidcam video format make any difference?

dansim

I have tried all the USB ports on the computer. It still is choppy with AVC and lowering the resolution does not do anything. This is a recent problem. It just showed up about a month ago. I have used it since 2021 with no problems until now. It was working fine with MJPEG as the video format, 1080p resolution, now it doesn't matter which settings I use, the USB function is always choppy. It must be a problem with my desktop, as it works fine on my laptop.

Dvdley_Child

Am I stupid? I can't figure out how to get 60 fps. I paid 15 bucks for this shit man, like it's great software but is there a hotfix to get 60 FPS Webcam? I enabled it, I also enabled 60 fps, I have a Samsung Galaxy A53 which is capable of 60 FPS UHD. Any help would be appreciated, I would have hated to waste money and not even get 60 fps.
It says the AE FPS is 8-30, and IDK how to fix it. My phone should be good enough for this.

dev47

Some phones (esp. Samsungs) will support all features only with their native camera apps, like 4k/60 capture, because they will have special internal optimizations to make it all work. 60fps isn't locked into pro upgrade, but you're welcome to email in if thats a dealbreaker.

You can use this camera inspector app to see which features your phone actually supports:

lukenchi

Hey everyone. Is it possible to zoom out any of the cameras? I'm trying to record overhead piano playing videos and the current placement of my "camera holder" doesn't allow to record the entirety of the keys. The app is great and I bought it, recording is great and USB works smoothly. It would be great if zooming out can become a possibility or maybe I'm missing something. My phone is a SAMSUNG A30. Thanks for the reply!

WolfGrey

Using an iPhone with AVC/H.264 video format and Allow AVC/H.264 hardware acceleration = on gives me an error in my logs.
error: Failed setup for format d3d11: hwaccel initialisation returned error.

Is this normal behaviour for iPhone?

Mylozh

Hello, I installed droidcam obs, but it does not appear in my obs, what could be the reason, if you need more information, I am ready to answer your questions.

sniffenj

Hello, weird question, does this app have a way to use an attached camera with the phone?

I got it working great with a USB mic attached to the phone and using the phones camera, but I got a USB camera I wanted to try and use with the app just to see if it would work, but the app would not recognize the camera as far as I could tell.

I got another app (ip webcam) to pickup the camera so I don't think it's the hardware, just wondering if there is a way to use this app with a connected camera.

Great app and a happy pro user!

dev47

@WolfGrey seems like a local driver or Windows issue, updating display drivers and applying any available updates would be the main suggestions.

@Mylozh did you install the correct version of the plugin (OBS v25-27 versus OBS v28-29), and did the installation succeed with no errors?

@sniffenj UVC/external cameras are not supported by the DroidCam app. That's on the potential feature list though.