DroidCam OBS Camera

DroidCam OBS Camera 2.3.2

Swedemaximus

Hello!

How do i use droidcam OBS (from one source)(samsung s20fe) to two instances of OBS On my PC?
One instance work but the other don't display any cam picture (black).

dev47

Are you trying to connect the sources simultaneously?
The app supports only 1 connection at a time, it is not designed for handling multiple parallel video streams. This would have to be added as a new feature.

Edit: To add, you could use NDI or Teleport to mirror the Droidcam source from one OBS to the other.

Inverge Design

Hello, first off thank you for your work because this app is very impressive despite my issues.
So my issue is that I cannot use the audio OR AVCH without it immediately crashing OBS.
The camera kicks on and I see frames, but then it crashes or freezes and apport/whoopsie tries to run and I have to kill it all.

I'm using Ubuntu 18.04 & my OBS is 29.02 Flatpak. I installed FFMPEG 4.3.2 via PPA.
AVC encoding isn't top priority, but having sound would be life changing as I'm trying to usemy phone as a remote camera between studios for a live stream.

I start obs --verbose & droidcam is working without sound. I see lots of these errors, but I don't know if they're related to droidcam:
ALSA lib confmisc.c:392:(snd_func_concat) error evaluating strings
ALSA lib conf.c:4528:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_concat returned error: No such device
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1246:(snd_func_refer) error evaluating name
ALSA lib conf.c:4528:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: No such device
ALSA lib conf.c:5007:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such device
ALSA lib pcm.c:2495:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM front:CARD=Plus,DEV=0
error: alsa-input: Failed to open 'front:CARD=Plus,DEV=0': No such device

Then, I deactivate & enable sound. Reactivate:
info: [DroidCamOBS] activated: id=dev_id_wifi type=1 ip=192.168.1.251 port=4747
info: [DroidCamOBS] video_format=1/jpg video_resolution=2/1280x720
info: [DroidCamOBS] mjpeg stream is 1280x720 subsamp 2 colorspace 1
info: [DroidCamOBS] have config: 2
info: [DroidCamOBS] audio: sample_rate=44100 channels=1
[1] 18690 segmentation fault (core dumped) obs --verbose

Any ideas? Any help is appreciated in advance, and I'd gladly purchase the premium if I can get audio/video working.

rednev

I use Droidcam OBS with OBS Live on the Mac.

I use 2 Android phones connected to their own USB-C ports on my Macbook pro.

When I use a simple fading transition between scenes (using an automated scene switcher plugin), the video from the cameras take a second or two to appear in the new scene. This makes for a jarring transition as they dont fade nicely with the transition, and just sump into view once.

Is there a simple fix for this that I have missed?

Thanks!

dev47

Make sure there is only one Droidcam source for each phone, and that 'Deactivate when not showing' is not enabled in the source properties.
In your second scene, add the existing Droidcam sources instead of creating a 3rd and a 4th (which will compete to connect to the phone, and what it sounds like is happening).

rednev

Make sure there is only one Droidcam source for each phone, and that 'Deactivate when not showing' is not enabled in the source properties.
In your second scene, add the existing Droidcam sources instead of creating a 3rd and a 4th (which will compete to connect to the phone, and what it sounds like is happening).
Thank you. I have noticed that the Deactive when not showing box was ticked on a few scenes.

I will check it out later if it solves things.

With regards making sure there is only one source for each phone. I use Advanced Scene Switcher plugin in so my scenes blend from one to another after x amount of time. On some scenes I have Filters/Masks applied to the cameras, so I have had to make a couple of different Droidcam sources.

I.e.
Scene One - Camera 1 - Camera Full Screen with Chroma Key Filter = Source name "DroidCam OBS - P3A XL - Semi-Trans"
Scene Two - Camera 2 - Camera Scaled to Small Size with No Filter but has a PNG Mask = Source name "DroidCam OBS - SONY - NO FILTER"
Scene Three - Camera 1 - Camera Scaled to Small Size with No Filter but has a PNG Mask = Source name "DroidCam OBS - P3AXL - NO FILTER"
Scene Four - Camera 2 - Scaled for Close Up with No Filter but has a PNG Mask = Source name "DroidCam OBS - SONY - CLOSE UP"
Scene Five - Camera 1 - Camera Full Screen with No Filter but has a PNG Mask = Source Name "DroidCam OBS - P3AXL - NO FILTER"
Scene Six - Camera 2 - Camera Full Screen with No Filter but has a PNG Mask= Source name = "DroidCam OBS - SONY - NO FILTER"

Am I doing the above wrong?

dev47

When you add the same source to another scene, any changes to it will apply everywhere.
If you'd like to have different filters/etc in different scenes, I think the workaround is to put the DroidCam cameras into their own individual scenes (full screen, no filters), and then add this "camera" scene as a source everywhere else (applying whatever filters/masks you need).

Wietjuh

As of today my full 4 phone setup is 4k ready. Now i know @dev47 talked about this about a year ago.

But i am kinda curious if you have made anything move in the 4k direction.

I am more than willing to alpha/betatest if that would help.

marrizard

been trying to use droidcam obs with my galaxy z flip 3 and it will not do 60fps at all. i have no clue what im doing wrong, or if i am doing anything wrong at all. using the camera2api and set it to 60fps, have been playing around with the settings, and still no luck

dev47

RE- 4K; will be added in the next update or so, as an unlockable option (no paywall, just consent).
The core feature set is complete, including the new PC client, so more advanced features are up next.

@marrizard unfortunately good chance your Samsung limits 60fps to the native camera app only. Samsungs are notorious for this.
You can check the camera2 api probe (linked in the DroidCam app Settings) for available FPS ranges on the device.

dev47

Audio input is supported, you can tick the "Enable Audio" option in the DroidCam source.
Its not possible to have it audio-only, so you would select 640x480 for video and set video quality to low, to use minimal extra resources.

Hi Dev47, question: does DroidCam OBS Camera support 2.1.0 support recording from multiple cell phones into separate video files on the Windows desktop?
Many thanks

dev47

@dev.fretlightready - you should be able to use the Source Record plugin to record your DroidCam sources into video files