1. 64-bit
Source Code URL
https://github.com/dev47apps/droidcam-obs-plugin
Minimum OBS Studio Version
Supported Platforms
  1. Windows
  2. Mac OS X
  3. Linux
The DroidCam OBS plugin lets you connect your phone and get high quality audio & video directly into OBS Studio, just like a regular camera source. No need for a separate client, less software = more resources for your production!
  • Connect as many devices as you want, using WiFi or USB*.
  • Free unlimited usage at standard definition (640x480), including sound and picture.
  • Get up 1080p60 or 4k30* video, and 48kHz stereo audio (on supported devices).
  • Pro upgrade unlocks all features and helps support the app.
  • Remote camera controls via custom browser dock in OBS Studio.
  • Use Ultrawide and Telephoto lenses on supported devices.
  • Works with the phone screen off for extra efficiency (Android only, unfortunately impossible on iOS).
  • Android: DSLR -like features including exposure, white balance, and focus controls with Camera2 API.
  • iOS: Manual white balance, exposure controls. Continuous or tap-to-focus options.

Check out https://dev47apps.com/obs for more details and up-to-date downloads.
*Extra setup required, the website covers the details.

droidcam_obs_props.png

Reviews and Videos

Español

Deutsche

Français

Português

And many more...
Author
dev47
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.58 star(s) 12 ratings

More resources from dev47

Latest updates

1. 2.3.0

Fixed a crash when switching between multiple profiles. Fixed an issue whereby adb would cause...
  2. 2.2.0

Initial 4K support (Read More)
  3. 2.1.0

This release adds support for OBS Studio version 29.1 (currently in beta).

Latest reviews

Makes you watch ads then doesn't unlock pro... can't rotate to portrait mode to work for where i'm streaming not seen by other apps so cant use background removal that i pay for also does not let you choose resolution or any camera settings making my Pixel 8 Pro camera look like a cheap webcam
dev47
dev47
Hi there. The app supports up to 4K resolution and most camera settings; You can rotate the source in OBS Studio as usual; the Ad-Tier option is for removing the watermarks and not unlocking all Pro options. The app website has detailed documentation on most of this, and you can email/post here for extra support.
I use the Droidcam virtual camera instead of the OBS Virtual cam - because downstream keyer content will be shown with it. Great work - thanks a lot!
Hello, I am very enthusiastic about the app.
Would it not also be possible to use the app via mobile data? So that you can leave your PC running and then use the app to stream to the OBS on your PC at home while on the move? That would be very cool, because you could keep your overlay as it is. A twitch chat function would still be helpful, but if you could stream to your OBS at home, that would be wonderful.
dev47
dev47
Hi, Thanks for your review. Streaming via mobile data requires extra guards against the less reliable network, and there would also be a need for cloud servers to mediate the connection. This is currently outside the core purpose of this plugin/app -- which is to act as a webcam replacement / simple DSLR. You could try vdo.ninja as an alternative, which I believe works both via Wifi and mobile data.
after last update the lag on usb connection became horrible - it's at least 500ms ;/
dev47
dev47
Sorry, cant help thru the reviews here. Would you mind instead posting in the discussions or emailing directly, support@dev47apps.com.
Works great with my Pixel 4a
very nice plugin
excelente funciona de 10, en mi Moto G30, lo que aun no puedo hacer es utilizar el lente gran angular, por lo demás vale la pena lo pagado
I've tried many other similar plugins/apps, and in my experience DroidCam OBS is the best and most stable! If you need to connect your Android or iOS device with OBS, then look no further.

I've been using the Pro version for over a year, along with several Android (OnePlus 5T, OnePlus 8T, Redmi Note Pro 8) and iOS (iPhone 5s, iPhone X, iPhone 12 Pro) devices. I usually use any two devices at a time.

I get excellent video quality and minimal latency over a USB connection (I don't use it over WiFi and I don't use the audio, so can't comment on the same).

Also, it comes with a nice remote control feature that docks in OBS. The devs update the plugin pretty frequently and have been improving functionality and quality over time.

Highly recommended!

-Alex

PS - while it may sound like the devs have paid me to gush over this plugin :) They haven't :(
dev47
dev47
haha Thank you!
Works perfeclty! I think this is the best way to connect the phone camera to OBS, especially if you buy the PRO version. Good job devs!
Works very well, for me even better lag than NDI official app.