DroidCam OBS Camera

DroidCam OBS Camera 2.3.2

hockinsk

Thanks for the response. I finally figured out there's a missing section with the activation button hidden. As the OK & Cancel buttons were visible, I just assumed clicking OK was the confirmation and didn't realise the're more to the window - Doh!
Happy for admin to delete the posts, I've searched for a delete button but looks like all ability to edit the post no longer exists.

hockinsk

I think it's primarily just an unfortunate consequence of the new theme, not being the best in terms of usability. The main issues are, the new theme is scaled large and so omits a lot of information and also scrollbars now no longer look like scrollbars. I've switched to the system theme as although not a dark mode, it is at least a better usability experience. Hopefully this page will help those facing the issue. Here is the default fresh install of obs 28 and droidcam. I think it highlights why people will get confused.

1662977155404.png

There's also the unfortunate way OBS's Sources panel applies whatever windows you've scaled previously to all source windows. I think this is what tripped me up is that i probably dragged a window size down for obs-asio plugin, but then that same windows size gets applied to DroidCam. Scale DroidCam and obs-asio will then be scaled. It's really just poor usability GUI whatever they're using to handle it all.

1662977849546.png

Peter Akakpo

allow the use of obs_get_source_properties when using LIBOBS. this will be helpful when u only want to allow for settings without creating source. currently it crashes the application

t2wave

I don't seem to be getting audio from the phone anymore. Not something I use often, but was trying to test and not sure what's happened. Running OBS 28.0.3 and plugin version 1.6.0

shibetpc

Just bought the pro version, but it seems to be having a conflict with SAMMI. When I install the obs-droidcam plugin, the SAMMI connection ceases to work. Is this a known issue, and if so, is there a workaround? thx :)

dev47

@shibetpc -- Most likely this is an adb conflict. If other programs (ex SAMMI or scrcpy) communicate with Android devices over USB, they need to use the same adb exe/dlls. Else they will clash if there is a version difference.

You can replace the adb files from one program into the other to make sure its all the same. For the Droidcam plugin, the files are in "C:\Program Files\obs-studio\data\obs-plugins\droidcam-obs\adb\". Copy those into SAMMIs, or visa-versa.

shibetpc

@shibetpc -- Most likely this is an adb conflict. If other programs (ex SAMMI or scrcpy) communicate with Android devices over USB, they need to use the same adb exe/dlls. Else they will clash if there is a version difference.

You can replace the adb files from one program into the other to make sure its all the same. For the Droidcam plugin, the files are in "C:\Program Files\obs-studio\data\obs-plugins\droidcam-obs\adb\". Copy those into SAMMIs, or visa-versa.
I don't see anything adb related in the SAMMI file structure. It works initially with the two applications, but then DroidCam plugin just seems to take over. I can see SAMMI sending communication to itself, but the connection with OBS is severed. I tried changing ports as well, but with no success.

dev47

I just took a closer look at SAMMI and it looks a fairly complex with lots of back-and-forth connections. Which connection specifically is breaking --- the SAMMI => OBS websocket ?
It would probably be easier to email support@dev47apps.com, attaching one of the obs logs from where things are breaking would help as well. Assuming all components are using different ports, they should be entirely isolated.

shibetpc

I just took a closer look at SAMMI and it looks a fairly complex with lots of back-and-forth connections. Which connection specifically is breaking --- the SAMMI => OBS websocket ?
It would probably be easier to email support@dev47apps.com, attaching one of the obs logs from where things are breaking would help as well. Assuming all components are using different ports, they should be entirely isolated.
In case anyone else encounters this issue:
After a bit of back and forth, it seems the conflict has to do not with the Droidcam OBS plugin itself, but the seemingly optional Android/Apple USB components that get installed with the plugin. It seems they were blocking the websocket connection. I simply uninstalled Droidcam OBS and reinstalled, this time with the Android/Apple USB options deselected and everything works great.

vlamonde

Hi. I'm using Droidcam with OBS, both Android & IOS evaluating before deciding to go pro or not. generally I'm happy with it and accept there will be some limitations with lag and quality. My questions concerns scene switching in OBS. The camera screen on the phone only stays there as long as a scene that uses it as a source is selected. When another scene is picked, the phone display goes black with a waiting for connection messsage. I'm considering using several smartphones as handheld cameras in a venue and it would be real handy if the operators could see what they are shooting at all times. Thanks

dev47

@vlamonde - is the "Deactivate When Not Showing" checkbox enabled in the droidcam sources, in OBS?
Make sure thats OFF to keep the connection active all the time.

r3con0ne

Droidcam does not seem to recognize a USB connection to my phone (Samsung S22+). It only shows my phone as a WiFi option when it is connected by USB.
Developer options and Debug are enabled on the phone.
My computer recognizes the phone is connected via USB.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled Droidcam.
I have tried reinstalling with and without the support options for Android and iOS (saw that in a thread somewhere).

The USB connection did work when I first installed it. But, since that first use, it has not worked.

I am stumped. Any suggestions?
Mark

Side notes:

Interestingly, when I turn WiFi off on the phone, Droidcam OBS shows a WiFi lavalier connected to the computer. But, with the phone WiFi turned on Droidcam OBS does not show the lavalier connection.

Also, there is a MASSIVE lag (+10 seconds) for the video from the phone using WiFi.

dev47

On the phone, pull down the notification area and open "USB Options". If the mode is MTP (Media Transfer) change it to 'PTP' or just 'Charging'.

If it's still not working, could you send in your OBS logs to the support email please.
See "Report a problem" https://www.dev47apps.com/obs/#faq
Make sure you open the droidcam properties and click "Refresh Device List" with the phone plugged in first, to capture this in the logs.

Regarding the lag, this would specific to your setup, there are some tips in the FAQs here

Normally the app has ~50-100ms delay at most.