DroidCam OBS Camera

DroidCam OBS Camera 2.3.3

broseph

And you didn't think on also updating the plugin?
Reading this thread? Not saying all 13 pages, but at least the last 2 pages.
Ive read this whole thread, and I have the newest plug in of droidcam for obs. I deleted the old plug in, and installed the new one. 5 times. I am not a computer programmer, is there something I can do based off github? Why is the poster referring to github?

Is there a way to go back to the old version of OBS that allows the droidcam to work?

broseph

And you didn't think on also updating the plugin?
Reading this thread? Not saying all 13 pages, but at least the last 2 pages.
I wanted to update for anyone reading this. You can go to github and under assets there is a link to use. I dont have virus security so I dont just go around clicking links. Thanks to this thread and some reading I trusted it and it works now!

DonF

Hi,

Note: Only Flatpak based releases will be uploaded for Linux going forward, supporting the latest FFmpeg/libavcodec.

Why
? If I don't use flatpak, what do I do? It's ridiculous...

dev47

@DonF simply too much fragmentation. With FFMpeg bumping their ABI each year now, packaging is a pain.

If you have the latest FFMpeg, you can install the plugin from the Flatpak zip.
If not, you can upgrade your OS, or install an older release that matches your FFMpeg.

You can also build from source for your system.
The easiest option is ofc to just use Flatpak

DonF

@DonF simply too much fragmentation. With FFMpeg bumping their ABI each year now, packaging is a pain.

If you have the latest FFMpeg, you can install the plugin from the Flatpak zip.
If not, you can upgrade your OS, or install an older release that matches your FFMpeg.

You can also build from source for your system.
The easiest option is ofc to just use Flatpak
Hi,

No.. I prefer to turn to another solution which will give me no gymnastics to do ;-)
Too bad about this turn of position.

ocdd

I have purchased Pro version in 1st phone. But when I sign in my email that use to purchase DroidOBS into 2nd phone Google Play, then remove and re-install DroidOBS with my email, I can not restore Pro version to 2nd phone, it still announce that I need to purchase or use Google profile that purchased Pro.

What should I do? I checked surely that I signed in into 2nd phone by email that I use to purchase DroidOBS on 1st phone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-07-21-12-38-16-258_com.dev47apps.obsdroidcam.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-07-21-12-38-16-258_com.dev47apps.obsdroidcam.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20240721_124009.jpg
    IMG_20240721_124009.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 14

dev47

@ocdd its best to email in for these issues since its not related to the DroidCam OBS plugin. You can tap "Get Pro" and check which account is actually being loaded, and try again. The Playstore is very finicky with multiple accounts, usually its the main account that works from first try.

lbdcs

commenting for others searching this, do not buy DroidCam in any form if you are looking for 60fps. does not work no matter your phones capabilities or how much money you spend, droidcam cannot support 60fps

dev47

Hey @lbdcs DroidCam supports 60fps with plenty of phones, and this can be verified without getting the Pro version. The camera FPS option is there in the Settings, as well as a link to a Camera2 API probe to view all possible capabilities.

sangwichdj

Hello, I was wondering if there was a way to bind the camera zoom slider to a button on a streamdeck or maybe some kind of midi device? Thank you for you time. I love the app.

dev47

Hey @sangwichdj - this would require some basic coding knowledge, but if you can trigger an HTTP request, you can set a zoom value via the remote controls API. (let me know if you would like an example of the http url template).

Official streamdeck integration would be really nice, but so far there hasn't been time to devote to this.

UndiscoveredLands

I run a complicated D&D game over zoom where I'm using my phone as a camera to show a table full of miniatures while we play. I love DroidCam because it's so bare bones and handles really nicely compared to other cam apps that eat up a ton of my CPU (I'm running through OBS). The only feature I really wish it had was the ability to manually focus on a slider, similar to the sliders for white balance and zoom. Any chance that will show up as a feature? Or is there a way to add that functionality in some manual way? Thanks for making it. I've been a pro user for a while now.

dev47

hey @UndiscoveredLands DroidCam does have manual focus. Its behind the Pro upgrade and assuming your phone supports it, tap "AF" and select Manual at the bottom of the list. Usually its the regular back camera that supports this (not front and not ultrawide; and also Camera2 API must be selected in the Settings)

Talonis

I really appreciate the “remote zooming” function. Very handy when set up as a dock inside OBS (though would be nice if it could also “pan” - but can’t have it all!).

mattcast

Been using for a few years and always worked perfectly. For some reason, no longer shows up as an option to add as a source. I have installed the latest versions of both the plugin (2.3.3) as well as OBS (30.2.3). Had two phones previously set up as sources which are no longer working--the sources themselves as well as the "properties" option when right clicking was grayed out, so I deleted them. Have not been able to add them back since. I also have the pro version of the Droidcam app from Google Play store. Please help, thanks.

dev47

@mattcast most likely a version mismatch. Can you find droidcam-obs.dll in C:\Program Files\obs-studio\obs-plugins, right-click and check the Properties for the version. Do the same for obs64.exe under "bin".
If still not working, could you email your logs to support@dev47apps.com

mattcast

@dev47 Yes, I found both files, but what am I supposed to be looking for under properties? I'm wondering if there's something wrong with the install locations because another plugin I've used is not working.

I don't know what "emailing logs" means. Sorry

AaronD

If still not working, could you email your logs to support@dev47apps.com
@mattcast The official preferred way is Help -> Log Files -> Upload Current/Previous Log File in OBS. Pick the appropriate one of those, copy the URL that it gives you, and paste it here on the forum. Also use the Analyzer that you can get to from there or from the link in my signature. The Analyzer doesn't do everything, but it does find common problems and offer the usual solutions for them.