DroidCam OBS Camera

DroidCam OBS Camera 2.3.2

l1i1l

Hi, 2 important notes.

1. On the files download page you have incorrect checksums (I believe that SHA256 is used).

2. On the page of your website describing 4K technology there is a erroneous statement that the 4K format is 4 times larger in size than 1080p FHD, and therefore at 30 fps it creates 120 times more data than 1080p FHD. This will only be true if you are comparing 4K at 30 fps to 1080p at 1fps.

1710960649250.png

dev47

Thanks for the feedback and corrections.

1. The checksums are SHA-1. (I have a note to start producing sha-256 in the releases page)
2. You are right, the erroneous calculation has been removed

warlock@2673

Hello my first post ,iam having issue with audio streaming from obs to phone . My setup is a mobile phone as a webcam and connected to a camera vlog mic movo vxr 10 pro. ,then running obs to live stream on facebook. My issue audio keeps cutting out on the stream? But video quality is fine. Is it because im using wifi , and wifi speeds are slow? Or anything else ? Whats the best audio and video setting for the droidcam obs app? If i connect my phone via usb to laptop like what you do on a webcam. Will it solve cutting out audio or is it caused by something else? Thank you for answers.

dev47

Hi @warlock@2673 - Audio streaming with low latency (without buffering) and without any interruptions is very difficult.
Yes, a 100% reliable connection is required; using USB and potentially lowering the video settings (if these are maxed out) will help reduce congestion issues.
Connecting the mic directly to OBS and using DroidCam for video-only is the best solution for high quality and low-latency audio capture.

@dev47 hey there, I've been trying to get Droidcam OBS working on OBS Music Edition 27.0.2
I see that youve made a fork for a newer version, but i'm afraid I'm stuck in the past for various reasons.
For some reason it just doesnt show up as a source choice at all with the ME version.
When I try to use other Droidcam versions, the source is a choice, my phone activates, but it doesnt show the camera feed in obs at all.
Any ideas or workarounds besides updating my OBS version? Everytime I update I get very frequent and large rendering hiccups.
Thank you for the time, totally understand if theres nothing you can do ^_^

dev47

@asymmetricalsoul I am afraid this special release is the only available option. Going back to even older versions does not make sense, since the codebase is now for OBS v30.

You are welcome to upload and post the logs with the above release, in case there is something actionable there.

You can also try accessing the DroidCam video through a browser source, or by getting the PC client (either the classic one at https://dev47apps.com/, or the new OBS-based one at https://droidcam.app/)

xenon135

hey stupid question i suppose but how can I change the output resolution on Droidcam OBS? It's stuck at some 16x9 resolution. I want to change it to portrait, ideally 9x16, but I can't seem to find any way to do it. Thanks in advance!!

dev47

hey @xenon135 , the only available resolutions are under the "Resolution" drop-down. There are two 4:3 options and two 16:9 (720p and 1080p). For portrait video, right-click on your DroidCam source and use the Transform menu to rotate it 90°. Physically position your phone at 90° also, and you should be good to go.

To add: generating actual portrait video on the phone is an inefficient approach, since your camera lens is physically mounted in landscape and the image data would need to be post-processed.

vergaraweb

¿Puedo conectar 3 celulares simultáneamente? ¿Necesito un Router Wifi especial o funciona con alguno? Me pregunto si no tienes problemas con la congelación de la imagen. ¿Cuál sería el requisito?

dev47

Hola. El requisito es suficiente ancho de banda. Cada vídeo tendrá aproximadamente entre 5 - 12 Mbps, pero puedes ajustar todo esto. A través de USB este es un problema mucho menor.
El otro requisito en cuanto a recursos informáticos es que su computadora debe manejar muchos flujos.

La aplicación no impone ninguna limitación, otras utilizaron de 4 a 7 teléfonos simultáneamente exitosamente.

zentaomeow

It's an amazing plugin but is anyone else having Android cameras randomly going black? It happens on USB and WIFI connections. It runs beautifully for an hour or so and then random cams just drop out. I have the DroidCam Apps on each phone to be whitelisted from battery optimization.

r3con0ne

Hey. Just tried to use the app. All I got was flashing colors for the display. But, the preview screen is right. I uninstalled and reinstalled both OBS and Droid Cam. Same result. I am using USB, not WiFi. Screenshot attached. Any ideas?

Attachments

• droid cam.png
    droid cam.png
    692.7 KB · Views: 4

r3con0ne

Hey. Just tried to use the app. All I got was flashing colors for the display. But, the preview screen is right. I uninstalled and reinstalled both OBS and Droid Cam. Same result. I am using USB, not WiFi. Screenshot attached. Any ideas?
Side note. Yes. I did send this to the dev via the website. I'm just reaching out to all possible sources for help on this one.