"Dock > Chat" window constantly reconnects in OBS while using a VPN

Kylix

Does anyone know why this keeps happening? It's only an issue while I'm connected to my VPN (which I need to keep me safe while streaming). I always connect to servers in my own country, but it doesn't matter. This window constantly reconnects every 30s or so and I'm not sure how to fix it.

Windows 10 and OBS are both up to date. The issue stops when I disconnect from my VPN.

Screenshot 2022-06-30 000955.png

Kylix

Update: I'm using NordVPN and they have a feature called "split tunneling" that disables the VPN for specific programs... This did not work. The issue keeps happening, even after adding OBS to that list.

BlueGhost100

If you're going to use the split tunneling feature, you also need to specifically add the chat room itself. That comes as an addon within OBS.

Go to your OBS root folder in your program files. By default, it's usually: "C:\Program Files\obs-studio\" From there, you're looking for:
Code:
obs-plugins\64bit\obs-browser-page.exe

Add the above executable to the VPN Tunneling the same way you did with OBS itself. This should bypass the VPN for any OBS "browser plug in" that you use, including the chat room. The end result for you is no more of that "Welcome to the chat room!" nonsense.

I feel like you should be able to use OBS through a VPN for the actual video stream, but I've not tested this myself.