Resource icon

DirectShow Audio Source Plugin

bitslizer

I guess i should explain what I'm trying to achieve... In between matches I want to mute the game/TS sound, while still output background music to the stream, that's why OBS's sound setting is muted.

When I unmute inside OBS, there's no stutter either, but when I mute OBS, the music stutter

JanineS

Thanks! This works perfect for me. I have a HD PVR which has a ~4 second delay so I route the audio from my TV to my headset and HD PVR audio to OBS which was fine, but if I was on skype with somebody (with skype routed to my headset) on-stream it sounded like I was talking to myself, this allows me to fix that :p

bossjedizohan

bitslizer said:
I'm trying to have VLC play a music stream output to VAC which the DirectShow audio plugin use as the input source and output to stream only.

however when set to output to stream only, the music would be stuttering. Doesn't happen when set to output to desktop audio

here's a very quick video of it stuttering and a screenshot of how the sounds and OBS are setup. doesn't matter if I set it as a per scene or global source either
http://youtu.be/N4DYbYhV5i0

I'm getting this issue as well. Any idea if a fix is possible or when the plugin will be updated to address it?

redone

bitslizer said:
I'm trying to have VLC play a music stream output to VAC which the DirectShow audio plugin use as the input source and output to stream only.

however when set to output to stream only, the music would be stuttering. Doesn't happen when set to output to desktop audio

here's a very quick video of it stuttering and a screenshot of how the sounds and OBS are setup. doesn't matter if I set it as a per scene or global source either
http://youtu.be/N4DYbYhV5i0
same problem...waiting upd :(

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
That is very strange, I use the plugin pretty much since release to get foobar music over its own VAC line into my stream. I very rarely had problems with stuttering audio. And normally not with foobar.
Does it only happen in obs, or also if you send the vac input to your headset?

I tested around abit today, and after a reboot had foobar only outputtin garbage over my vac line, although all other sounds worked. So its definitely something between foobar and vac. I was able to fix it by setting the stream fmt limit to cable format instead of cable range. (Thats in the VAC control panel, and can be done for each line seperately)

nimh

I can double confirm this. It has nothing to do with VAC unfortunately. I have an extra sound card installed that works perfectly on v0.592b with a line-in source chosen as a directshow audio source. Upgrade OBS to recent version, and the jumping and stuttering audio appears when outputting to stream only. I can probably make a video showing this entire process happen if you'd like (from working to broken). For now, I'm stuck at v0.592b.

Scratch all of that. Rebuilding all of my scenes/settings in a fresh v0.613b and then adding this plug-in fixed the skipping audio issue. However, taking my existing v0.592b and updating it through auto-update pop-up would break the plug-in as seen in the above examples and video. This is easily repeated with my back-up copy every time. Very strange, but no longer an issue now with fresh install.

Happy to see it working on the new version, stream on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
still does not work on last version OBS(
I constantly use it since its release, except for an API change a long time ago, for which paibox released an update, it always worked flawless for me. Just used it yesterday!

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
I had a similar effect once that came from virtual audio cable but not the plugin. I reinstalled it to reset all settings and that fixed it for me. VAC depending on your hardware needs tweaks to work good. For example I always up its priorities in the control panel, and on some systems I tweak the ms per Int setting.

redone

Detailed demonstration of this problem.

Такая проблема практически у всех, единственное решение на данный момент это поставить другую версию ОБС а именно 0.592b
вот ссылка
Лично я пользуюсь этой версией, и все в порядке. Остается ждать либо обновления ОБС где это поправят либо обновления плагина.

ottoblix

I'm using a USB mixer/interface (Zoom R24) and I'm getting a constant popping/clicking sound about every second on my recording. Any thoughts?

Jack0r

The Helping Squad

leettari

Weird thing is, VAC works flawlessly on my mind and even when I use OBS' own audio output for say Line 1 and stream, it's normal. However, when I use this plugin's output for said line and stream it's a stuttering mess.

Likely has something to do with plugin stating 'String not found' under sources but could not a fix for it and since it's unsupported now I gave up.

Any rough ETA on completion of this OBS rewrite?

EDIT: Oh, and this all started when I changed from 64-bit OBS to 32-bit due OBS Chat plugin being compatible only with 32-bit currently and KD IRC kept acting out. It's a nuisance since I have to choose. Either use 64-bit OBS with multiple audio outputs but non-working stream chat or use 32-bit OBS with one default audio output and a working stream chat.

Last edited: