LonelyNepper

Recently I have come across an issue where on my streams and recordings of OBS, my desktop audio is delayed in comparison to what is happening on screen. I am not entirely sure how to fix this, and for extra context, I did install two plugins for OBS, a blur effect and source clone, but they didn't work for me so I uninstalled them, and yet issues still persist.

Is there any sort of fix, or do I have to uninstall and reinstall the application?

AaronD

The Advanced Audio Properties has a audio delay (Sync Offset, which could be slightly negative, which eats into whatever buffer it has to make it "early"), and the video filters include a picture delay. Have you looked at those?

LonelyNepper

The Advanced Audio Properties has a audio delay (Sync Offset, which could be slightly negative, which eats into whatever buffer it has to make it "early"), and the video filters include a picture delay. Have you looked at those?
I have tested Sync Offset, but hasn't done anything to fix it, in fact in some recording tests I did, it seemed to have made it worse. As for video filters, the only thing I have is Color Correction on my chat boxes on certain scenes, which I am not using said scenes yet since I am saving them for rebranding.

AaronD

Well, I can't say why it's doing that, but perhaps you can (hopefully temporarily) work around it with a video delay. See if a negative Sync Offset works first, without getting "choppy" or otherwise sounding bad, then delay every video source that's a problem to finish the alignment.

That might be tedious, especially if other sources need delay added too, just to keep *everything* in sync, but at least it'll get you going. And once you're close, you can also see if the offset is constant or random - both as it runs, and between sessions of OBS and of the OS itself - which would be some good data points to post here too, along with a logfile.

LonelyNepper

Well, I can't say why it's doing that, but perhaps you can (hopefully temporarily) work around it with a video delay. See if a negative Sync Offset works first, without getting "choppy" or otherwise sounding bad, then delay every video source that's a problem to finish the alignment.

That might be tedious, especially if other sources need delay added too, just to keep *everything* in sync, but at least it'll get you going. And once you're close, you can also see if the offset is constant or random - both as it runs, and between sessions of OBS and of the OS itself - which would be some good data points to post here too, along with a logfile.
I will try some tests with that, thank you for the information