Resource icon

Desert Kharon IRC Plugin 1.0

ball2hi

What error are you getting? Is it not showing up as a plugin for you? Also, using 64 or 32bit OBS?
From my previous post;
Currently getting this with the new(0.62b) 32bit version.
kEzaT0r.png

sevenRA1

It doesnt work for me. OBS is patched to the latest version
64bit. I also copied everything to my 64bit directory.

Attachments

• 4 established.PNG
    4 established.PNG
    67.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 3 64bit.PNG
    3 64bit.PNG
    100.3 KB · Views: 79
  • 2.png
    2.png
    175.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 1.png
    1.png
    202.6 KB · Views: 81

nosehair16

.624b 64 bit, put it in the plugins folder, along with the prereq, then open obs and click plugins... the list of plugins only shows 1, the pre-req... this plugin doesn't show... i read thru a bunch of this thread but doesn't seem like this is a common problem..

I tried deleting obs project, and re-installing fresh , but same deal...

plugin simply doesn't show up :)

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
the list of plugins only shows 1, the pre-req... this plugin doesn't show... i read thru a bunch of this thread but doesn't seem like this is a common problem..
It's not supposed to show up in the plugins list. It will appear as a source type.

Mindstalker

Hi there!

I´ve got a little problem with this plugin.
Installation works fine and I can add it as a source to my scene in OBS.
Twitch is not my platform of choice so I´m using it for hitbox - or want to use it for hitbox.

For hitbox there is the "GlaDos" bot with it´s own IRC (irc.glados.tv) - you can join this server and as a channel you join your channelname (#channelname) and see the can chat hitbox->irc and vice versa.
Everything works fine while chatting but no message will appear in the created source from your plugin.
The connection test (from the plugin) tells me, everything is connected - no errors.

What could be the solution to this?

ball2hi

Hi there!

I´ve got a little problem with this plugin.
Installation works fine and I can add it as a source to my scene in OBS.
Twitch is not my platform of choice so I´m using it for hitbox - or want to use it for hitbox.

For hitbox there is the "GlaDos" bot with it´s own IRC (irc.glados.tv) - you can join this server and as a channel you join your channelname (#channelname) and see the can chat hitbox->irc and vice versa.
Everything works fine while chatting but no message will appear in the created source from your plugin.
The connection test (from the plugin) tells me, everything is connected - no errors.

What could be the solution to this?
You need to use a different account to watchover your chat. So just make a dummy hitbox account for the login, and make sure it joins your channel.

JediAAK

I have been experiencing login and disconnect issues with the plugin a lot in the past few weeks.
I am using Chatty as well for personal IRC access to my channel and it never has any problems logging me in and keeping me connected. The overlay plugin for OBS, however, constantly disconnects and often refuses to connect again for long periods of times.

Any suggestions to what this may be related or how to fix it?

Mindstalker

You need to use a different account to watchover your chat. So just make a dummy hitbox account for the login, and make sure it joins your channel.

I made a "dummy account", joined my channel with it and tried again.
It still didn´t work.
What I did exactly:

Preset: custom
Nickname: mydummyaccount
Password: dummyaccountpassword
Server and Port: irc.glados.tv : 6667 (also tried 6666)
Broadcaster nick name: My main nickname (not the dummy account)
Channel name: same thing

I tried lower case names for account/channel/broadcaster name and the upper case starting letter.
In every combination the plugins responds with "connection established" in the connection test....but nothing happens in OBS when typing in the chat (irc and/or hitbox chat).

Would be so great to use that...
Are there any alternatives (plugin wise) out there? Couldn´t find any good looking ones...just "screen capture"-crap :/

MrPhizz

Guys i can't stay connected to IRC I've tried changing ports but to no avail any ideas on what the issue could be?

Arcanist

Does this plugin work for anything other than Twitch.tv's server? I have a channel on Mibbit that I use for chat on-stream and I wanted to try it out with this plugin but I don't know what to put for password...