Resource icon

Desert Kharon IRC Plugin 1.0

sickbattery submitted a new resource:

Desert Kharon IRC Plugin - Display any IRC chat in your stream

Hi,

Twitch IRC Plugin has been renamed to Desert Kharon Irc (for various reasons) and is no longer bound to Twitch. You can use this plugin for any non SSL IRC server that requires a login. The plugin is open source, so it might happen that SSL and anonymous usage will be suported in future.

Download source code and binaries:
http://desertkharonirc.codeplex.com/

Version 1.0 - Change Log:
  • Cyotek's ColorPicker.
  • Transparency for outline and text.
  • Optional...

Read more about this resource...

My brother just tried the plugin and is somehow doesn't work ... and I don't know why -.- ...

Update:
I've updated the main post, but since I have ubuntu on my laptop and my brother can't test right now I can't tell if it will work -_- ...

Hi sickbattery,

Thanks for submitting this plugin. I'm not sure when, but I'll try to test it out sometime this weekend, as I think this would be a rather useful plugin.

Will let you know what I discover.

Thanks again. :)

- EDIT -

Not sure why, but I can't seem to get the plugin to work. Doesn't appear in the list of plugins, nor can I add it as a source. Not sure if I did something wrong... I made sure to use the 32-bit plugins for the 32-bit version of OBS.

Capture_zps44d7e956.jpg

xiuide

It dose not seem to work for me unfortunately which is a shame, i was really looking forward to something like this for a while. let me know anything you might need to know, to debug any issues!

Ok, just to be sure that it's not an error in my code I redownloaded OBS and installed the plugin (which I also redownloaded here). I made OBS start portable and the plugin shows up ...

Thank you for testing the plug in by the way :).

I'm currently not writing anything into the log, but could you post yours? I guess it should say something about the plug in not loading.

My fresh 32bit install log shows this:
08:46:23: CLR host plugin strings not found, dynamically loading 4 strings
08:46:23: CLRHost::Initialize() attempting to load and start the .NET runtime (null)
08:46:23: CLRHost::Initialize() attempting to use v4.0.30319 .NET runtime
08:46:23: CLRHost::LoadInteropLibrary() load the assembly plugins\CLRHostPlugin\CLRHost.Interop.dll
08:46:23: CLRHost::LoadPlugins() attempting to load the plugin assembly IrcDotNet
08:46:23: CLRHost::LoadPlugins() no valid plugin types found in assembly IrcDotNet
08:46:23: CLRHost::LoadPlugins() attempting to load the plugin assembly TwitchChatPlugin
08:46:23: CLRHost::LoadPlugins() successfully added CLR plugin [Type: TwitchChatPlugin.TwitchChatPlugin, Name: Twitch Chat]

Ok. I just installed OBS x86 and x64 with my plugin on my mom's pc with TeamViewer. The plug in shows up and is working.

Please post your log (start OBS, (important:) close it, go to log and post it here).

Other things you can try: Update your pc. Update .NET 4.0 or 4.5. Update DirectX. But first: Post the log, pls.

Well, I updated the plugins and now it seems to load up. Thanks. Gonna test it out now. :)

- EDIT -

Just tested it out and it works great!

drumsetjunky

The plugin works fine while in horizontal, but of course does not work with Vertical.

Any idea when that will be available?

*edit because I'm silly*

flyingcloud11

i got this showing up under the sources to add, it also connects to twitch according to the connection test, but when i type something. it's now showing up on the screen. I got it to show up once but that's it.

flyingcloud11 said:
i got this showing up under the sources to add, it also connects to twitch according to the connection test, but when i type something. it's now showing up on the screen. I got it to show up once but that's it.

My brother had this problem too. We tested the plugin a few hours ago. I'll try to reproduce the bug. I also had this problem, but it's mostly just at the start and then it's like one message not showing up and then it all works without any problems.

It might be that you have to wait for about 60 seconds until the irc client in the background has fully loaded. It's waiting max 10 seconds for connection + log in, if everything is ok it moves on and doesn't block the start anymore. After log in it joins your #nickname channel and still has to load users etc.

I have planed to write the current status into the image (because it obviously makes sense) but it's not implemented yet.

xiuide

I have it working now as well, unfortunately it wont work with my current setup as I need vertical chat and not horizontal, so Ill be watching and waiting! keep up the good work

kdaymea

Rather fantastic plugin, easily installed and works flawlessly.

Would like to see an option to remove timestamps in the future and of course Vertical text support, but, for what it is this plugin is great. Good stuff. ^^

GrooveM

That is one sexy plugin! Looks much better than window capturing an IRC client imho.

Vertical alignment isn't working for me, but horizontal is what I was looking for anyway.
For less active chat rooms (like mine) it would be great to have an option to purge messages older than X seconds.

GrooveM said:
That is one sexy plugin! Looks much better than window capturing an IRC client imho.

GrooveM said:
Vertical alignment isn't working for me, but horizontal is what I was looking for anyway.
Not supported right now.

GrooveM said:
For less active chat rooms (like mine) it would be great to have an option to purge messages older than X seconds.
Yes, that is a good idea, but first I'll have to add vertical alignment.

Caliber Mengsk

I'm getting the plugin to show up, add it, and get a good test connection, but like someone mentioned above, I'm not seeing any text.

Windows 8.1, GTX 765M

Any clue how to fix this? I'd love to use this.