Resource icon

Desert Kharon IRC Plugin 1.0

Caliber Mengsk said:
I'm getting the plugin to show up, add it, and get a good test connection, but like someone mentioned above, I'm not seeing any text.

Windows 8.1, GTX 765M

Any clue how to fix this? I'd love to use this.

No. Maybe it's a font issue. Try changing the font to Arial. Also, please wait a bit. Sometimes it takes longer for the client to get everything loaded.

It would help a lot if you could post your log for that obs session. I also need information about your settings. Are you using outlines? How thick? Which font? ... and it's size. Your nickname would also help. Maybe there are issues when joining the channel.

Omg -_- ... I think know what the problem could be:
I have set a default that I actualy never tried *facepalm* ... 16x16 and Arial, 32.

I'll fix this. Sorry.

bulld0g

EYOA5Pk.png
getting that error

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
Thanks for your work on this sickbattery, I got it up and running yesterday and it's great. One thing I noticed was that the OAuth token field doesn't automatically prefix your token with oauth:, so instead of just entering your token, you have to enter oauth:yourtoken to get a successful connection. This seems a little counter-intuitive; perhaps that's something you could handle automatically so that end users only have to copy and paste the token by itself.

Icewave

Hmm, I can't get the plugin to show up in obs, I hope I'm not installing it wrong.

Edit *Im not entirely sure what I did, but for some reason it is now showing up as "Twitch chat"

Edit 2: Having the same problem as others, no text showing, ah well, I tried.

Recommend to leave the source open for further development.

Bosenator said:
Have you thought about hosting the source on github?
Yes. I thought about it.

Bosenator said:
I'd love to add some features to this in a timely manner.
What features?

bulld0g said:
EYOA5Pk.png
getting that error
IrcDotNet.dll is missing.

Caliber Mengsk said:
Font was always set to arial. Also, update didn't fix it. T_T
It's about the size of the font and the rendering resolution. 16x16 was very small and Arial 32 was huge, so that the font wasn't rendered in the rendering area.

Sapiens said:
One thing I noticed was that the OAuth token field doesn't automatically prefix your token with oauth:, so instead of just entering your token, you have to enter oauth:yourtoken to get a successful connection. This seems a little counter-intuitive; perhaps that's something you could handle automatically so that end users only have to copy and paste the token by itself.
If I change this then all people who follow the Twitch.tv oauth generator's instructions will post that it doesn't work :).

Icewave said:
Hmm, I can't get the plugin to show up in obs, I hope I'm not installing it wrong.
Edit *Im not entirely sure what I did, but for some reason it is now showing up as "Twitch chat"
Edit 2: Having the same problem as others, no text showing, ah well, I tried.
Could you post your log please? Or if you already checked yourself, ... is there anything that might be of interest?

Icewave said:
Recommend to leave the source open for further development.
Later. ... and I'll probably do so on codeplex and not github.

thoughts: <sarcasm> I can't wait for a fork on github -_- ... </sarcasm>

Ok, I'll go open source with the plugin ...

I'm renaming the plugin to "Desert Kharon Irc Plugin". The name has nothing to do with twitch and it's not my super secret nickname. It's just a reference to Secret of Evermore :P ...

I'm doing this because Twitch IRC Plugin sounds kind of official and my plugin is not. I was just lazy about the name at first. Also, I think I'll remove the twitch restriction, so it won't be a twitch only plugin anymore. I also want to add an optional chat window ...

On codeplex I've selected git as source control, but I'm working for the second time with git, so it may take a while until I get used to it.

The project is not public. I'll post the url when it is. That will be when the code is uploaded and all the description and docs are ready. I'll also have to make clear what changes I made to IrcDotNet ... etc. ... and the UI will also change. It may take a while until ppl can contribute if they like.

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
sickbattery said:
If I change this then all people who follow the Twitch.tv oauth generator's instructions will post that it doesn't work :).
Maybe a function to prefix oauth: if it's missing, and to take no action if it's included? To be fair I have no idea how difficult it would be to implement that type of functionality, but it seems like it would be a decent usability improvement.

Icewave

sickbattery said:
Ok, I'll go open source with the plugin ...

Twitch IRC Plugin sounds kind of official and my plugin is not. I was just lazy about the name at first. Also, I think I'll remove the twitch restriction, so it won't be a twitch only plugin anymore. I also want to add an optional chat window ...

On codeplex I've selected git as source control, but I'm working for the second time with git, so it may take a while until I get used to it.

The project is not public. I'll post the url when it is. That will be when the code is uploaded and all the description and docs are ready. I'll also have to make clear what changes I made to IrcDotNet ... etc. ... and the UI will also change. It may take a while until ppl can contribute if they like.

Your work is appreciated, also please be aware that there are some out there whom cannot even acquire forks.

Looking forward to the success of this project, and the multiple irc thing is a great idea, quite ingenious really.

Ladies and Gentleman, we are open source now: http://desertkharonirc.codeplex.com
The code might be ugly, but it's working :P ...

Oh, and I've added vertical alignment in the newest version. I'll compile a new version tomorrow and it'll be downloadable at codeplex.

Sapiens said:
Maybe a function to prefix oauth: if it's missing, and to take no action if it's included? To be fair I have no idea how difficult it would be to implement that type of functionality, but it seems like it would be a decent usability improvement.
It would take whole 10 seconds to implement this feature :D. It's not a bad idea, but I'm not going to put it in, because the plugin will not be restricted to twitch.tv alone anymore. The field "oauth token" is now renamed to "password".

Icewave said:
Looking forward to the success of this project, and the multiple irc thing is a great idea, quite ingenious really.
Thanks. Still not in the current source code, but I'll add it during this week.

D

Deleted member 10449

Thank you! Was interested to see the source for learning purposes.

Ok guys -_- ... i think I'll have to change the IRC client that I'm using because IRC.NET seems to be buggy as hell. I just joined a few times a channel with ~900 chatters and IRC.NET is crashing in random places after just a few seconds :D ... lol. It always worked for my channel :D.

I will not continue Desert Kharon IRC with IRC.NET. I'll have to find an other open source irc client or Desert Kharon IRC dies :D.

I'll test SmartIrc4net ... IRC.NET seems abandoned and SmartIrc4Net had two commits in November 2013, so I guess it's a better choice ... we will see :D.